996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best place to buy OEM plastic fender liners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 02:30 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
John,

Do you have any pics of your rear liners after shaping with the heat gun? I've done the GT2 bracket and drilled, did a little re-shaping, just curious what areas you focused on since I don't have the huge tires yet.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:32 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
John,

Do you have any pics of your rear liners after shaping with the heat gun? I've done the GT2 bracket and drilled, did a little re-shaping, just curious what areas you focused on since I don't have the huge tires yet.
There is really not much visible shaping. I bolt the liner in place and then press it as far back as possible to create as much room between the tire and the liner down by the IC hose. I them mark where I need to drill the hole in the side of the liner so I can bolt it to the GT2 bracket. If you still need to create more room in some spots, you can attack it with a heat gun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.