996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New porsche = new member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Dirty Mac is infamous around these parts
plus, because it was raining when I got to the Porsche dealer (and even though I bought it privately) Porsche agreed to swap out the motor for their new 1000 hp GT1 racing motor.

Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2006, 02:00 PM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Awesome car!

But the mats have gotta go!

Old 01-12-2006, 02:03 PM
did I mention that I live in the biggest house in Bel Aire? It's worth about $100 billion, yeah, that's the ticket.

Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2006, 02:03 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally posted by Dirty Mac
and I only paid $50,000 for shipping. This guy Pedro is bringing it in on a donkey cart but he says I'm the only car in the cart. I did have to agree to keep several heeps of manure in the driver's seat, but for that price I thought it was a deal.
Your fitting in great already!

The car is stunning...not sure about the mats though, none-the-less the car is gorgeous. What engine mods?...aside from the GT1 motor?

Old 01-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by BartN (TX)
Awesome car!

But the mats have gotta go!
Yeah, I got to agree with that one. I'll keep them for "formal" events. By the way, it came with a matching mat in the trunk. Pitty. They must have cost a mint.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
hahahahaahahhha, yeah, you'll like it here just fine.........

Chris

Old 01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
gneypiks is infamous around these partsgneypiks is infamous around these parts
congrats on an excellent purchase!.....hows the heel n toe action on those fancy gas pedal?

Old 01-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by gneypiks
congrats on an excellent purchase!.....hows the heel n toe action on those fancy gas pedal?
The pedal action is really weird. The gas pedal pivots not just up and down but also from left to right. The left to right movement is dampened. On my short test drive I didn't really notice it. I was too busy hanging on for dear life. Maybe it will help me do that heel-toe downshift I hear so much about.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Dirty Mac
and I only paid $50,000 for shipping. This guy Pedro is bringing it in on a donkey cart but he says I'm the only car in the cart. I did have to agree to keep several heeps of manure in the driver's seat, but for that price I thought it was a deal.
Now THAT's hillarious.

Sweet looking rig. Like others said the mats are a little much but if that's the biggest problem you're good to go.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
That is one mean machine. What mods does it have other than the obvious body kit? Best of luck with the beast..........

Old 01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard. Beautiful car. The ride height is way too high though. What kind of suspension does it have/will have?

Old 01-12-2006, 03:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LUIS95993
Welcome aboard. Beautiful car. The ride height is way too high though. What kind of suspension does it have/will have?
Yea that's my only gripe, makes the offset and wheels look weird but wow, gorgeous car and big congrats, enjoy in good health!!

Old 01-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MGoBlue
What engine mods?...aside from the GT1 motor?
Good question. I was told an ECU reprogramming and a Cartographic exhaust. I will have to hook up with someone local who can go over the car and catalog what was done.

Old 01-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by LUIS95993
I was sort of pleasantly surprised when I took the car on a test drive becasue it didn't seem to be scraping on driveways or dips in the road. The car also rides incredibly stiff. Won't both those issues become worse if I lower it? Do you guys really think it would make the car look that much better?

I know I was always tormented with my Z06 about lowering it but that car had enormous gaps in the wheel wells.

I'm certainly open to doing it. I just don't want to lose anything. I also live in the land of speed bumps. Don't want to be scraping those either.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:20 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Welcome!

Another new guy with an interesting name...You've gotta visit here too:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hats+the+story

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New porsche = new member