996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just raced a 615 rwhp Cobra...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally posted by rwm514
How did the chipped x-50 fare against your stage 2?
It got left behind in each race. It did the best in the 3rd race when I was asleep at the start.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally posted by FAT-911
Scott, you done extremely well, good one and thanks for the video.
Thanks a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed the vid.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:29 AM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Divexxtreme
Thanks a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed the vid.
Dude, on the race where "you got it right" the cobra BARELY beat u....a car lenght maybe, just goes to show how porsche's pull on the freeway compared to mustangs/other cars. Thats a BIG horsepower discrepancy. With the K24 bolted in I have NO doubt your car would have pulled away from him by a couple of cars or more...

Old 01-13-2006, 12:30 AM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
What type of software was the "chipped X50" running? From that vid it looks like a stock X50. With your stage 2 you should pull on a stock X50.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
What type of software was the "chipped X50" running? From that vid it looks like a stock X50. With your stage 2 you should pull on a stock X50.
Steve,

That X50 is running a GIAC Stage 1 chip.

I raced the exact same X50 when he was bone stock a couple of months ago. The video is below. He's gotten faster since then (plus new, pretty wheels) but still not enough.

Out of curiosity, how can you tell stock X50 from a video of one going down the freeway?

Anyway...here's the video:

http://media.putfile.com/996-TT-race

Old 01-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Kevin D
Dude, on the race where "you got it right" the cobra BARELY beat u....a car lenght maybe, just goes to show how porsche's pull on the freeway compared to mustangs/other cars. Thats a BIG horsepower discrepancy. With the K24 bolted in I have NO doubt your car would have pulled away from him by a couple of cars or more...
Ya..we'll try again when my car is done. I'll hurt him badly then.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Nice kill Scott.

A while back, when I was running Ultimate Motorworks Stage V ZC turbos (before I rebuilt my engine and redesigned my car), I raced a 600 rwhp Kenne Bell 03 Cobra several times. The Cobra owner posted the following description of our runs on a Cobra forum:

"Hey Craig. Its Mark with the 03 Cobra. We had those 3 sad runs on the 118 that one night. haha. how are you? How is that beast? I had your phone number but lost if when i changed phones. Well, anyways, good to see your still posting.

BTW for those of you in this room looking at this car....I had a KB at 17 pounds putting down 592 and this car walked me. goes to show you how strong this car is. Def. nice car."

Craig

Old 01-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Craig
Nice kill Scott.

A while back, when I was running Ultimate Motorworks Stage V ZC turbos (before I rebuilt my engine and redesigned my car), I raced a 600 rwhp Kenne Bell 03 Cobra several times. The Cobra owner posted the following description of our runs on a Cobra forum:

"Hey Craig. Its Mark with the 03 Cobra. We had those 3 sad runs on the 118 that one night. haha. how are you? How is that beast? I had your phone number but lost if when i changed phones. Well, anyways, good to see your still posting.

BTW for those of you in this room looking at this car....I had a KB at 17 pounds putting down 592 and this car walked me. goes to show you how strong this car is. Def. nice car."

Craig
Very nice, Craig.

I'm looking forward to running him again later on. He's a solid guy.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:09 AM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
We'll soon see.
nice you're already running strong trap speeds on small hot sides, but with a bigger pair of hybrid turbos your car will be very very fast!

since the x50 was running giac stage 1 (i am under the assumption that EVO programming is based off GIAC), it is surprising (though i am not doubting, as this was shown in the video over a few runs) that the extra stage of tuning and an exhaust and intake would make that much difference. that is, that the k24 advantage (from a roll, i.e. from where i would assume the k24's larger hotsides manifests the most of its advantage over the relatively small k16's) is nullified by an extra stage of programming and simple intake/exhaust combo boltons. now of course there is variance between cars and drivers, but ceteris paribus, i am surprised by the k16's capability (fairly modified) vs. x50 (barely modified, but chipped nonetheless).

Old 01-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by KompressorKev
nice you're already running strong trap speeds on small hot sides, but with a bigger pair of hybrid turbos your car will be very very fast!

since the x50 was running giac stage 1 (i am under the assumption that EVO programming is based off GIAC), it is surprising (though i am not doubting, as this was shown in the video over a few runs) that the extra stage of tuning and an exhaust and intake would make that much difference. that is, that the k24 advantage (from a roll, i.e. from where i would assume the k24's larger hotsides manifests the most of its advantage over the relatively small k16's) is nullified by an extra stage of programming and simple intake/exhaust combo boltons. now of course there is variance between cars and drivers, but ceteris paribus, i am surprised by the k16's capability (fairly modified) vs. x50 (barely modified, but chipped nonetheless).
Honestly...from what I've seen on this forum...my Stage 2 seems to be one of the faster ones. I think that your typical Stage 2 car wouldn't beat a X50 with a Stage 1 chip. It's hard to say for sure though...but no other Stage 2 that I'm aware of has trapped as high as I have. Or I should say...I haven't been able to verify that one has.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:15 AM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Scott,

Thanks for clearing that up.
Had no idea a Stage 2 k16 car with the mods you have listed could walk the X50 with a GIAC flash. I thought you both would be pretty even. I think a good driver makes a hell of a difference in a pull like that. Do you think a stage 4 would be a even race? Had no idea if the X50 was stock or not, just a guess.
Great vids thanks for posting!

Old 01-13-2006, 01:22 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Martin,

Thanks. I have 100 cell cats and a V-Flow.
Hmm, since plugs and MAF sensor were changed, my car is FLYING, i just hope its a strong one as well once i put the Vflow on, i think we should be pretty even with mods, then i want to compare and see how muchs lower it is then your freak.. Cant wait to hit the track..

Question i was under the assumption stg 1+2 ecu's are the same, is that true? A few guys are telling me this, and since i have evo exhaust/no cats im stg 2, but if i didnt i was stg 1?!?

Old 01-13-2006, 01:33 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Honestly...from what I've seen on this forum...my Stage 2 seems to be one of the faster ones. I think that your typical Stage 2 car wouldn't beat a X50 with a Stage 1 chip. It's hard to say for sure though...but no other Stage 2 that I'm aware of has trapped as high as I have. Or I should say...I haven't been able to verify that one has.
when i have my TTS it was chipped stage 1 GIAC and i raced my friend Ray's Stage 2+ "hammer"TT (V flow, Chip and Exhaust) i was even with him until 120mph then i pulled quite hard actually... so your Stage 2+ must be very strong then

Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 AM
EvilEmpirE is infamous around these parts
nice runs.....you're car is very strong Scott. Was this on pump or racegas? Also...the one extra passenger in your car seems like it made a difference. If you were single...and the Cobra had the extra weight...I think you might have won the 1st and 2nd runs. Would have been a 300+ lb. swing in weight (assuming the extra passenger weighs about 160 or so)

Old 01-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by iLLM3

Question i was under the assumption stg 1+2 ecu's are the same, is that true? A few guys are telling me this, and since i have evo exhaust/no cats im stg 2, but if i didnt i was stg 1?!?
I think that's true...but I'm not sure. I'm sure someone that knows will post.

Did you hear about Jerry? 1st E46 M3 in the 11's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just raced a 615 rwhp Cobra...