996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just raced a 615 rwhp Cobra...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally posted by EvilEmpirE
nice runs.....you're car is very strong Scott. Was this on pump or racegas? Also...the one extra passenger in your car seems like it made a difference. If you were single...and the Cobra had the extra weight...I think you might have won the 1st and 2nd runs. Would have been a 300+ lb. swing in weight (assuming the extra passenger weighs about 160 or so)
We were both on 93 octane.

The weight might have made a difference..but with our torque...I honestly can't imagine too much of one.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally posted by paneraiwatches
Scott,

Do you think a stage 4 would be a even race?
Hard to say, Steve. I would imagine it would be. Depending on the car and driver, I guess.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by 6088TTS
when i have my TTS it was chipped stage 1 GIAC and i raced my friend Ray's Stage 2+ "hammer"TT (V flow, Chip and Exhaust) i was even with him until 120mph then i pulled quite hard actually... so your Stage 2+ must be very strong then
Thanks for the info, 6088. It seems like my car is strong at least. But maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:52 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Divexxtreme
I think that's true...but I'm not sure. I'm sure someone that knows will post.

Did you hear about Jerry? 1st E46 M3 in the 11's.
WTF he didnt tell me, dammit now im pissed haha, big congrats to him.. I'll give him a call tomorrow

Scott how big of a diff. is the Vflow going to make, damm i wish my car was strong like yours, but how can i say that considering i havent had the same tests or been in your car, i just feel like god dam your think is a freak x5

Old 01-13-2006, 01:54 AM
The V-flow is noticeable. I think the claims of 15 rwhp are probably very accurate.

Jerry wasn't really telling anyone yet. He was just hinting around. I pulled it out of him though. He'll post tomorrow.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:58 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Divexxtreme
The V-flow is noticeable. I think the claims of 15 rwhp are probably very accurate.

Jerry wasn't really telling anyone yet. He was just hinting around. I pulled it out of him though. He'll post tomorrow.
I actually just caught him on AIM, he's all excited haha, 125mph trap also, not bad BTW cant wait to get the V-Flow, i just am real curious with the ecu and if i need to upgrade it?!?

Old 01-13-2006, 03:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Naughty.... but nice!

Old 01-13-2006, 09:01 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Great race and great vid! Not to get off topic, but tell us about your Supra...
Peter

Old 01-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
You need to brake boost especially against S/Ced cars.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by Ryan in SD
You can't brake and apply the throttle in a 996 Turbo if the clutch is engaged.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:14 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Your Stage II should be even with a stageIV car until mid/end 4th gear.... 5th and on...the stage IV will be pulling much harder....

when I had my chip/k16s/exhaust and raced a stageIV...that was always the result...

So many people are suprised with the results between stage I+ and stage IV...to 110MPH.... those k16s spool very quickly and it's not until the higher speeds (120+) when you'll see the stageIV come alive and walk away.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Ryan in SD
Didn't think of it.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-13-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by houstonT
Great race and great vid! Not to get off topic, but tell us about your Supra...
Peter
'98 (last year) in Quicksilver FX. 1 of 9 autos in the US in that color. Made 620 rwhp..no NOS. 711 with NOS. Stock internals. Very fast, but very squirrely if you're not ready...even with running drag radials all the time. Fun car...but I find myself grabbing the keys to the TT almost all of time....so I decided to sell the Supra.

I have a deposit on it now. Once it's sold...I'm doing some "upgrades" to the TT.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:34 AM
andyk79 is infamous around these parts
Im sorry guys but im not too impressed with the mustang. All that HP and that was it. Or maybe I just under estimated the stage II. I have Stage II and don't think its that fast.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by andyk79
Im sorry guys but im not too impressed with the mustang. All that HP and that was it. Or maybe I just under estimated the stage II. I have Stage II and don't think its that fast.
Ya...I thought he'd beat me worse than that. But his car with him in it does weigh in at almost 4,100 lbs with a full tank.

And he did use his "conservative" tune that race. He was making 615 rwhp...when has the ability to make 685 rwhp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just raced a 615 rwhp Cobra...