996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shootout updates as they happen live from the source!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:24 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
The Budman was NOT out of the event. We ran the highest trap speed of anyone including Tyson. The RED BEAST had a 132 mph trap speed. Unfortuneately Cort had some trouble launching it and only ran a 11.3 elapsed time.

Now, I am very dissapointed at the people on this board who did not even have a car in the event that can sit here and tell everyone how this event should be run. This event was put together by Sharky and he got Euro Car involved and they then set the rules not us. If you did not compete keep your trap shut about how it should have been run. Anyone could have competed only 9 did.

My hat is off to all who competed and I met some awesome people over the last two days. I big thank you to Mike at By Design who helped me today by lending my his right front tire as Todd Zuccone and I both hit a 2 by 4 last night and received flat tires.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:34 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Next a big thank you to Todd at EVO, Colin, Tony and Jeremy at PES, Garrett, Andrew and Jeff at GIAC.

I don't think I have ever had as much fun at a Porsche event as I did at this one. Also a thank you to Fred! The last 2 days have been a blast but have also been alot of work.

Kudo' to Tyson and Protomotive for making a very awesome showing and running a 10.7 et the best of the day. Tyson you rock! Thanks also to Todd Knighton and his wife who jumped in to help me on dyno day!

I have met some awesome people at this event and have some new friends! All I can say also about all this 1.5 bar stuff is that my car is completely safe to run 1.5 bar on race gas. This was not just turn up the wick and let it fly. Why do you think my car has been at GIAC for the last two months? Garrett is awesmoe and the best software dude on the planet. He would never run a program that was not safe. We never had a software problem it was a mechanical issue all weekend.

We hope this will become an annual event because the RED BEAST will be hard at work this winter and I dare any of you big talkers to show up next year!

Plans are to run 800 hp at 1.2 bar and who knows what on the race program. Read it and weep you posers!

Old 12-03-2003, 12:41 AM
I don't know where to stop! I have had 2 hours sleep snice Sunday night! Man I cannot wait until this article comes out which rumor has it will be in Feb 2004.

This was by far the best car experience of my life, even with al the trouble we had.

Tyson said something that stuck with me. He said "Hey Budman my car has been in development since 2001 it takes a long time to work out the bugs. You will get there". Thanks Tyson, you are right my car has only been a project for 3 months so we will get there hopefully by next year.

Forgot to thank Stephen at Imagine Auto and Kevin with and Viperbob for their help this weekend as well. The bottom line is when the BUDMAN needed help you guys were all there for me. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Okay I really need to go to sleep because I have only completed part one of my mission. Part 2 begins tommorrow as Hani and I Cannonball 2400 miles to the Tail of the Dragon!

Again a big thanks to all and to all a good night.
This is the Budman signing off.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:47 AM
J.Moss is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by buddyg
Next a big thank you to Todd at EVO, Colin, Tony and Jeremy at PES, Garrett, Andrew and Jeff at GIAC.

You are very welcome Buddy. It was a pleasure meeting you!

I have found that there is always a really good feeling between most of the participants of these events. And most of the trouble comes from the bench racers....

Hopefully this events grows and more people participate. It is always a learning, and humbling experience for all.

Good luck to you. Send my regards to Hanni(sp?) and Todd.

Jeff

Old 12-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Hey Budman,

It was a real pleasure to meet you as well.

Like I said, your car will get there soon. My car's technology is old school, but I am pretty happy with how it held up today.

BTW, we ran 1.2 bar yesterday and 1.2 bar today. No changes to the car except for tire pressure adjustments for the road course this morning.

I was a little disappointed in our trap speed, but oh well, such is life. You beat me by 1 mph, but since you went through so much grief this past week alone, let alone the last couple of months, I'll let you gloat since you're my friend.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:19 AM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Hats off to all that competed. I wish I could of made it to the track but I think I heard the monsters from down here.

Budman, have a safe drive and I am glad that your TT did a good job and held up.

Hamann, I met you at the autofest in September when you were having the boost problem, I am also glad to see you got it fixed and surprise the $hit out of everyone there, and me.

Anyway we need to start planning for next year, and have EC or another magazine do an article or just have a big event for all of the 6 Speed members. Or something like that.

Old 12-03-2003, 01:37 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
sticky/LSM,

Boost is only part of what is modified on the ECU. The air fuel ratios are just as important. The Porsche system will adjust to a point. When you increase the boost you are increasing the oxygen in a given volumn. Too much oxygen without adding fuel will lean the mixture resulting in a hotter burn. Too much heat leads to detonation.
Is the best thing to do to get a chip and a boost controller?

Old 12-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
With all this zero clearance discussion, can any set of turbos be made zero clearance?

Old 12-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buddyg

Now, I am very dissapointed at the people on this board who did not even have a car in the event that can sit here and tell everyone how this event should be run. This event was put together by Sharky and he got Euro Car involved and they then set the rules not us. If you did not compete keep your trap shut about how it should have been run.

Budman, keep in mind these are all the people that supported this idea even if they weren't there and as a result, they are all rather emotionally attached. Take a look at the hits on this thread, well over 10,000 in two days!! This time you happen to be one of the guys in the light so, that sorta makes you like a Star saying FU to their biggest supporters. I think all the comments being made are by people that are really interested and not because they are trying to be degrading. You've been going like crazy the past 48 hours an I think when you get a chance to slow down, look at this thread and weed through it ... you'll find some really good stuff from some pretty savvy people.

Also, please keep in mind that not every car involved were from people on 6speedonline. I can tell you first hand the rules were NOT explained crystal clear to all involved. So, before you ASSUME that all participating were on the same page or telling all the others to "shut their traps," you might want to make sure you done your homework and have all the facts straight yourself.

Have a great trip back and don't get too many tickets on the way!

Old 12-03-2003, 06:18 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Buddy: I’ll bet you were still a little wound up and tired.

I agree with you Cary, well said. This is what I was saying and I think most people were in agreement.

1. We were stating what we would like to see. Do we have the right to do that ... Hell Yes. Do those that participated have to listen ... Hell No.
2. We think you can run and do whatever you want. We were pleading for full disclosure, not necessarily judging anyone’s choices. Do you have to disclose? ... again, hell no, but I'll bet you (and most of the people there) will because you are good people who's egos are mostly under control and you share the same appreciation of these fantastically tuned machines. I also believe you have the benevolence (tuners have benevolence and profit motive ... OK with me) to help others, like myself and those who contribute to this board.

Now, am I just spewing crap ... NO. I intend to share the data on how I tune the suspension on my Porsche with everyone. You will see the data and my methodology. This is my way contributing to the board, as all those that participated in the shootout have so fantastically done.

Bravo!

Old 12-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Okay, Maybe I was a little harsh last night. As someone mentioned I was probably still running on race fumes and adrenelin. My apologies. However, Euro Mag did send out the complete rules to every participant. So there should have been no suprises. You had to run on DOT tires, you could not change tires during the course of the event unless you had a flat like me! You had to run unleaded fuel, etc...

So there were rules. I will be happy to share anything I know (which isn't much cause I am no mechanic) with the board. In fact when I get back home I will post my dyno run from the day before the shootout when we made

586 hp and 563 ft lb to all four wheels!

Pretty much anything you want to know about my car is on evoms.com under stage 5. If you have questions you can ask me and if I KNOW

Old 12-03-2003, 09:06 AM
!thtt the answer i WILL be glad to post it.

I will be a little busy for the next few days cannonballin across the country however.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:06 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Buddy, where are you?? On your way??
Evan

Old 12-03-2003, 09:09 AM
evan check the cannonball run post I will tell you there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Shootout updates as they happen live from the source!