996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT owns F430 and Dodge Charger RT SRT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
996TT owns F430 and Dodge Charger RT SRT

It was a beautiful, sunny So Cal day. I was cruising along with the windows down and the sunroof open. As I approached the freeway onramp, I came upon a beautiful F430. The F430 took the turn onto the freeway very quickly, then gunned it up the onramp. That was all the bait I needed and I gave chase. Once on the freeway, I quickly tracked him down and pulled slightly ahead of him in the adjacent lane to let him know I was there. A moment later, the traffic cleared ahead of us and he went WOT. I let him pull ahead before responding (its only fair, and I wanted to make sure he was going for it). I mashed the gas pedal at 70 mph and momentarily spun the tires. Upon gaining traction, I blew past the F430 and it was over in an instant.

A short time later, I was at a red light when a new Dodge Charger RT SRT (Hemi) pulled along side me. I didn’t pay much attention to him, but when the light turned green, he *appeared* to launch hard as if he wanted to race me. I was wholly unprepared and the next red light was a block away, so I did not give chase. At the next red light, I prepared myself just in case he was in fact gunning for me. When the light turned green, I waited to see what he was doing (rather than immediately launching). Sure enough, he launched hard and spun his tires. Prepared for the attack, I went WOT and tore him a new a-hole. It was over before it started . . . bus lengths is an understatement. When I returned home, I did some research and discovered that new Chargers do 0 to 60 in 5 seconds . . . what the hell was he thinking??

Craig

Old 01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Craig - Great posts lately concerning your road experiences!

P.S. There are still guys over on the Vette forum that think you're the guy that crushed the C6Z...not that you can't.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
Craig - Great posts lately concerning your road experiences!

P.S. There are still guys over on the Vette forum that think you're the guy that crushed the C6Z...not that you can't.
Thanks Dock! I posted on the Vette forum that it wasn't me. The "GT2" (it was probably a modded TT) was silver . . . I am black. Moreover, didn't it happen in Vegas? My car has never been out of Cali. It might have been Alex's 996TT . . . he is in Vegas.

Craig

Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Banned
Chaapa'ai is infamous around these parts
Yes, god forbid he actually wanted to race his obviously very slow car. Good race though against the F430 though you should try to be a little more humble about the poor plastic pig you raced. (evil smiles)

Old 01-16-2006, 05:30 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
I don't know what it is about a porsche but it sure goes faster than the hp numbers might suggest. Very effecicient transfer of power and traction. I have a stage 2 car and I can hod traction extremely well even in first gear WOT. Translates into nice acceleration on the street.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Another worthy opponent for you. Or should I say victim of GT950

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-16-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM
IAMDESTRUCTO is infamous around these parts
Re: 996TT owns F430 and Dodge Charger RT SRT

Originally posted by Craig
When I returned home, I did some research and discovered that new Chargers do 0 to 60 in 5 seconds . . . what the hell was he thinking??

Craig
Redneck that took a mortgage out on his house to get his "dream car"

Old 01-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Re: Re: 996TT owns F430 and Dodge Charger RT SRT

Originally posted by IAMDESTRUCTO
Redneck that took a mortgage out on his house to get his "dream car"
Classy comment.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:06 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I always look forward to Craigs "kill" posts. The 430 was a good one!

Old 01-16-2006, 10:13 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Whats WOT?

Old 01-16-2006, 10:24 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Nice kill Craig,
I just don't get that kind of action here on the westside....too much traffic and not enough road!
WOT = wide open throttle

Old 01-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Hey Craig,

I live minutes from you and have yet to be challenged. I'm only on the road 20 minutes a day though.

I have raced many an old timer in muscle cars in my M3, Rx7, etc.. that were genuinely caught by surprise. New cars are getting faster and faster.

Is the offer for a ride still open?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 01-16-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:29 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Ok thanks! =))

Old 01-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Jeebus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by techart 996 #3
Whats WOT?
Wide open throttle or pedal to the metal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT owns F430 and Dodge Charger RT SRT