996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997TT underbody for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:35 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Be sure to attach them properly. I mean properly. The noise those two make when they decide to fly away at 220 kph is something you'd want to hear often...

I really do not know what went wrong this spring, but they've been there at speeds of 315 kph without a problem, but now at Autobahn A1 north of Lübeck they departed. There was a very sharp vertical bump (not common on those roads) , but still...

Luckily there was nobody right behind me.
Notice any change in the car's handling when they departed? Or were you too busy ****ting yourself?

Old 06-21-2017, 01:42 PM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
I guess its the age of the underpanels, that make them break or getting lose.
The 997TT underpanels share the same secure points like the 996 TT, except for 2 spots.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:01 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Probably better off just using a flat sheet of alumalite or aluminum and riveting to the stock panels. The df difference is huge with a real flat bottom. This is just going back to the rear axle.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:56 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Without a tranny cooler, thats not a good idea. With the RUF Front, GT2 decklid and with 1 degree chassis angle there will be enough df. Of course not that much like the 991 GT3 RS or 991.2 GT3 but hey...these cars are expensive and can be driven fast from a grandma. :-)

Old 06-24-2017, 03:10 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
If people are looking at adding 997 TT panels, might as well do it right the first time. The vents to the transmission tunnel can also be installed on a continuous flat bottom. But even those are not needed unless you're endurance racing. I'm simply suggesting a method that increases DF in a big way and isnt much different from what is being discussed here.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:41 AM
Of course there are many ways to do it.
All good heavychevy. Peace.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:35 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Have you guys installed the new panels (the ones that don't require modifications)?

Everything go smooth? Easy to do with a lift?

Old 06-24-2017, 11:49 AM
billygoat80 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have the full list of part numbers for all 4 panels needed? We have the two PN for the triangle, what about the two rear side panels?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:09 PM
My mechanic said he needed to do some minor cutting and drilling to secure the Panels with screws.
Wasnt that complicated he said.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by billygoat80
Does anyone have the full list of part numbers for all 4 panels needed? We have the two PN for the triangle, what about the two rear side panels?
Do I have these two other PN's correct?

Center Left Belly Pan

Center Right Belly Pan

As already stated previously:

The triangle: 997 504 429 01 (turbo I480)

The panel before the triangle:
997 504 029 00 (turbo I480)

Old 06-24-2017, 04:17 PM
...and then these part numbers are what?

These ducts seem to be separate parts from these two underbody panels, what P/N's?

Old 06-26-2017, 02:20 AM
There you go...
997 575 183 00
997 575 184 00

Old 07-03-2017, 10:16 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
How much of the panels are you just screwing up into the chassis?

Old 07-03-2017, 03:33 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
The first two pics are of 996GT2 rear brake ducts. They clip on to your LCAs. The metal brackets pictured are the correct ones. A bit of a Chinese puzzle to orient them properly but they clip on. Search the internet for pics. I used to run these.

The last two pics are front 6GT2/Cup brake ducts. The upper part is the OEM 996TT duct which has the larger scoop riveted on. The attach just like the TT ducts.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:50 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
john do you have the part # for the front fender liner ductwork that goes on the gt2 front conversion? i have the smooth front liners for the gt2
Not sure what ducts you have in mind Steve. The 3 main ducts in my bumper are RUF. The GT2 bumper has very similar ones. There is no duct attached to the front GT2 liners. Air is routed from the side radiators through the inner opening of the front GT2 liner then via upper air guides (which clip on to the coolant pipes) to cool the front brakes. The 6GT2/3 versions will not work on your car since you have the TT hard coolant pipes. Honestly, unless you are running long sessions on a road course, the upper guides are not necessary for street use especially if you have the large lower ducts. I use the 7GT3 upper air guides which I have modified to clear my 10" front wheels. The 6GT2 guides would not clear and are hard plastic so not easy to heat and mold.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 07-03-2017 at 07:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.