996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ok Guys I need your help ........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Scott;

No-doubt Ford is on to something there. It is too bad with the case of all domestics the car lines are suffering for the sake of the trucks. I also own a Dodge franchise and there truck is great, but the cars are not worth the powder to blow them to hell.

You watch, Cadillac is on the right track. I am sure you would have no problem putting a CTS-V or an XLR in your driveway. Or maybe an Escalade ESV sittin' on 26" .

Let's be honest I'll bet the average age of a 996 owner is closer to 60 than 40.

Old 12-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
That may be true about the 996. I'm gonna look it up. I thought it was around 48, but I could be remembering wrong.

The age avg. itself isn't really the issue though. It's the perception. 996's have a high age avg. because of their entry cost. OTOH, Cadillac has an image it's trying to overcome (and I think successfully so... so far). Young folks would buy a 996 right away if they could, where as Cadillac's aren't quite there yet. The XLR may be the trump card to that.

I wish your dealer was in Houston. I'd love to come visit and drive some of those new cars.

FWIW, when ever I see a CTS now, I think of the Matrix Reloaded movie. That movie did the car justice.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:33 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Y65MPH,
When are you going to post pics of that WIDEBODY collection you have there?

Old 12-03-2003, 07:54 AM
I will do that. The only problem is that two are in Florida and two are out at the hamptons. I will take pictures soon.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Y65MPH
I will do that. The only problem is that two are in Florida and two are out at the hamptons. I will take pictures soon.
Where in the Hamptons, I am out there often and which of the 4 are out there?

Old 12-03-2003, 10:32 AM
My place is in Sag Harbor. The 996TT and Turbo S reside out there right now. Will most likely move them down to FL soon.

Old 12-03-2003, 02:16 PM
My place is in Sag Harbor. The 996TT and Turbo S reside out there right now. Will most likely move them down to FL soon.
Sag Harbor is a cute town, I spend some time there in the summer at Roccos, Im sure you know it, you must spend a lot of time in FL to want 4 Porsches down there.

Old 12-03-2003, 03:45 PM
I have the garage space down there. I sometimes keep one in NJ but not too often. It is nice driving them in FL.

Old 12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
I have the garage space down there. I sometimes keep one in NJ but not too often. It is nice driving them in FL.
FL is nice for the sports cars but IMO the summer is too hot and humid for them, the roads are nice and flat, you have to go looking for the curves how do you like your GT2? Is your 97 Turbo S a silver one that was for sale at the Bridgehampton Concours and Auction last year?

Old 12-03-2003, 04:19 PM
I don't mind FL that much in the summer. NJ is not much better for humidity. I like the boating in FL in the summer. The ocean is flat which makes for nice crusing in the bahamas.

My Turbo S is Cobalt blue. Some people like it some don't. I love the GT2. I am debating on sending it to Sportec and having them work their magic. As for the roads, it is flat and the concrete is loud but you can still have fun.

Old 12-03-2003, 04:35 PM
I don't mind FL that much in the summer. NJ is not much better for humidity. I like the boating in FL in the summer. The ocean is flat which makes for nice crusing in the bahamas.

My Turbo S is Cobalt blue. Some people like it some don't. I love the GT2. I am debating on sending it to Sportec and having them work their magic. As for the roads, it is flat and the concrete is loud but you can still have fun.
Fun is what its all about !
I saw a 97 Turbo S on EBAY a few months ago in Cobalt on Black, nice and rare color.

Old 12-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Here JAS:

Set yourself up with one

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door19.htm

Old 12-03-2003, 05:16 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Turbo all the way. You will forget about Top Down during a turbo drive.

Old 12-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
Turbo

Old 12-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Here JAS:

Set yourself up with one

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door19.htm
What do you feel the fair market is on the 97 Turbo S?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok Guys I need your help ........