996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ok Guys I need your help ........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 02:44 PM
porschegm is infamous around these parts
Ok Guys I need your help ........

Heres the deal ,I am 2 weeks away from ordering my C4S cab
and I am Having a dilema.. I notice the market on 02-03 Turbos
is starting to reach my price range. What do I do? Now mind you I
advise people on the purchase of thier autos for a living but I cant
for the life of me make Up my own Mind.. So is it o4 C4S cab or
do I buy a 02-03 Turbo coupe.. You guys (and Gals) are a great source of diverse ideas. Thanks in advance

-Jamie

Old 12-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I had the same problem, and I opted for the Turbo, its just such a fun car to drive. It also depends where you live.

Old 12-01-2003, 02:49 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
unless you really want the drop top go for the turbo. There really is no comparison

Old 12-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
I'd actually rather have a C2 than a C4S, so the Turbo is a no brainer. IMO

Old 12-01-2003, 03:29 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
have you driven a turbo? I was in your same situation: where to spend a 100 large. I made the mistake of driving the turbo. Once I did, I got a certified 2001 TT with 100k warranty and my car has already depreciated a lot from new (which is what WILL happen if you get a c4s). If you keep the car for 5 or more years (try not to bs yourself on this one 'cause it makes a difference) then maybe I'd go for to ragtop. With limited new prod of TT, the market will likely rebound somewhat early next year baring any disasters (ie terror, scandel on the nyse, etc...). Either way, this is a great time to buy a car and either decision would be a good one. I never had a second thought about the convertible. Then again, my next car will be a cab (prob a turbo cab) in a 997 or 998 (read: whenever the wife will allow the purchace). Anyway, good luck. My 2cents is go with what you want forget what anyone else says (unless they're making your payments).

Old 12-01-2003, 03:31 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
If the droptop is a must have then you have your answer and if not I would say go for a Turbo, the last guy toke the hit and you will be getting a good value, I love converts but enjoy power more.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:57 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
I would say go with a pre-owned Turbo over the cab simply becuase I feel the cab prices will come down in another year or 2. I also would not recommend driving the Turbo and then buying the cab, trust me you will regret it at some point down the line when the power is needed.

Old 12-01-2003, 04:09 PM
californian is infamous around these parts
PorscheGM, I have had both. I sold my 2000 c4cab to my next door neighbor before buying my 2002 Turbo. They are two different cars. The cab was a blast to drive and got allot of attention. The turbo is beyond comprehension and gets allot of respect. My vote would be for the Turbo!

Old 12-01-2003, 04:09 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Drive the turbo and the answer will be immediately obvious, one way or the other. I could never give up on the "yea hah" you get from the turbo.

Old 12-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Go for the turbo. I saw a 2001 with 3000 miles selling for 88k. I bet because your a dealer you can even get it for less. For me its a no brainer.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:06 PM
hardwaykao is infamous around these parts
yap. get the turbo. if not turbo, C2 is better on the track.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:08 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
TT - it is what i am gonna do again ....i think

Old 12-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
A TT cab maybe?

Go for the TT, and if you dont, just dont test drive one.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:04 AM
porschegm is infamous around these parts
I love the turbo from a driving perspective, I am fortunate to be able to play with all the cars that porsche offers. Thanks for the
input I know that I should get a turbo, I just wanted a (second set of eyes) to help me clear my conscience. I will keep you posted in my hunt for the car.. - Jamie

Old 12-02-2003, 11:16 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by porschegm
I love the turbo from a driving perspective, I am fortunate to be able to play with all the cars that porsche offers.
Who do you work for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok Guys I need your help ........