996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Air Distributor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 01:54 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Air Distributor

Hi guys,

i checked some pictures from 6gt3 6gt2 and saw some air duct air distributor on the inside of the front fender. These ducts guide the air coming from thee radiators in the front, to the inside to the brakes. Partnumbers are the same for 6GT2 and 6gt3.
Anyone put them on a turbo in combination with the wheel housing liners of the GT2?

Thx for the input.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:03 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
Reading educates...
Just found the answer...pwdrhound again. Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
john do you have the part # for the front fender liner ductwork that goes on the gt2 front conversion? i have the smooth front liners for the gt2

Not sure what ducts you have in mind Steve. The 3 main ducts in my bumper are RUF. The GT2 bumper has very similar ones. There is no duct attached to the front GT2 liners. Air is routed from the side radiators through the inner opening of the front GT2 liner then via upper air guides (which clip on to the coolant pipes) to cool the front brakes. The 6GT2/3 versions will not work on your car since you have the TT hard coolant pipes. Honestly, unless you are running long sessions on a road course, the upper guides are not necessary for street use especially if you have the large lower ducts. I use the 7GT3 upper air guides which I have modified to clear my 10" front wheels. The 6GT2 guides would not clear and are hard plastic so not easy to heat and mold.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Yeah. I bought these Gt2 Fender liners and i do hope that at least a tiny bit of air cools the Brakes even without the air ducts. I make the 7Gt3 ones fit like pwdrhound did, but need some time for it.
Iam going to the race track at sunday so no time left for expereimental stuff.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:06 AM
I do use the GT3 Weissach brake duct. It does its job.
Now i need to craft some upper air duct, since i got the GT2 fender liners installed.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:12 AM
On the rear axle i do use the 997 TT brake duct with the underbodypanel naca duct stuff + the 6Gt2 brake duct. Thats bombproof.
Anyways i need a LSD cause the car gets a little unstable on the rear wheels when braking hard. I was told to install the 997 Cup LSD. I guess it will cost some serious money but its reliable.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:59 AM
z06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
On the rear axle i do use the 997 TT brake duct with the underbodypanel naca duct stuff + the 6Gt2 brake duct. Thats bombproof.
Anyways i need a LSD cause the car gets a little unstable on the rear wheels when braking hard. I was told to install the 997 Cup LSD. I guess it will cost some serious money but its reliable.
That what I have and it is very stable under hard braking made a big difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.