996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new Baby, the Porsche from HELL part 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 05:13 PM
BiggerApe is infamous around these parts
Welcome aboard!

Old 01-24-2006, 06:54 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
see now that's how you do it. did you notice the smiley at the end of the "MY door" thing.. that shows class right there. as well.. no mention of CASH!

Old 01-28-2006, 09:19 PM
chp-sk8 is infamous around these parts
enjoy it bro, you deserve to bent road! every time you drive it will put a smile on your face.looks to be nicely optioned too.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:02 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Segment 4 of the Porsche from HELL Part 1

Later that week I call the service manager (SM) and ask if the warranty inspection guy has looked at the car and approved the new engine. The inspector from Universal Underwriters (UU) had reviewed the damage and agreed that the engine was irreparable. But the final approval for the new engine purchase by the dealer from Porsche factory had to come from the honcho’s at UU because it was so expensive. The SM said he expected a call from them tomorrow. Tomorrow came and the SM called me. He said UU said my warranty was invalid. They said Bill Pearce (BP) did not have the authority to issue that warranty because they didn’t complete the special UU inspection report that UU requires. Further, they had not even received payment for the warranty that BP sold me. Of course, I hit the roof. What the Hell am I going to do?

I call UU and they tell me the same thing—that Bill Pearce shouldn’t have sold me a warranty. As it turns out BP didn’t even forward my money to UU until 3 weeks after I bought the warranty. Good grief. The finance guy at BP won’t even talk to me except to say “it’s out of my hands and you have to talk to UU.” Well, if the warranty is invalid, then where the hell is the money I paid for it?—3K? At that point, they agree to refund my $3K. How’s that for an honest car dealer? I also spoke to a couple people in the service department who said too much and then were told by their boss at BP not to speak to me anymore. I conclude I’ll have to sue these bastards to recover the cost of a new engine.

THIS IS THE PORSCHE FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I remember that silly 30 day, 1K mile ebay warranty I applied for, printed out and put in the Porsche file. I gave that one page document to the SM and he called the phone number on it and requested a warranty inspector come to the dealership to see the damage. So, the new inspector reviews the damage and agrees the engine is irreparable. AON risk services (the insurance company that underwrites car warranties for ebay) AUTHORIZES THE PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF A BRAND NEW $30K ENGINE. So that makes me happy after a week and half w/ a brick in my stomach.

The engine that was installed was not a remanufactured engine. It was a brand new 2005 turbo engine straight from the factory with brand new turbo chargers, air conditioning pump, alternator and exhaust. The whole thing came wrapped in plastic wrap, bolted to a big metal palate and encased in a big cardboard box. It was awesome.

But BP is still not off the hook in my opinion. I paid them for the PPI, paid them again for a warranty and then they screwed me. So I had to sue them. My best friend is an attorney and a Porsche enthusiast, so we sit down and figure out my costs, i.e., cost of not having the car to drive for 2 months

1) Insurance bills for the car while inoperable
2) Cost of another vehicle to drive during that time
3) Refund of the PPI costs that they screwed up.
4) Ten hours of my time at $250/hr trying to manage this nightmare.
5) $500 deductible on the ebay warranty.
6) Cover the cost of a NEW 4 yr, 50K mile $100 deductible warranty.

They responded by offering to pay the $500 ebay warranty deductible only. I couldn’t believe it. These sons of *****es at Bill Pearce! My attorney said I could sue them in small claims court in Reno and that the state of Nevada allows plaintiffs to represented in court by counsel. He said we’ll just go up there and rip the shorts off these idiots. So we get the small claims court paperwork sent off. Then, when BP realizes I’m not taking any prisoners, they call my attorney and say they’ll send me a check for all damages if I sign a document that says I won’t sue them further. Ha! I won! They’re damn lucky they didn’t have to fork over the cost of the engine.

I finally got the check in the mail from BP for damages. And I finally got my turbo back, with a new engine and a new warranty ;-). Porsche also warrants the new engine for 2 years, unlimited mileage.

So that’s my story of the Porsche from hell. I drive it a lot and it’s just awesome. It’s my first Porsche and sure hope no one has to go through what I did, but at least it worked out for me.