996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New wheels...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 12:40 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
New wheels...

I'm joining the 275/335 club

Can't wait to get these bad boys on the car

Going to pull the Hoosiers and swap the NT01s on before I install.... Finspeed wheels are the highest quality wheels I've ever held... Beautiful finish.. Incredibly light.

I recommend anyone in the market for wheels to check out Finspeed. These are F110s in 18x10 and 18x13 with all of the lightening options, the machine work is just phenomenal.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	finspeed1.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	511753   Click image for larger version

Name:	finspeed2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	511754   Click image for larger version

Name:	finspeed3.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	511755  
Old 08-30-2017, 12:41 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
can't wait for the pics, love the 18s they look good on our cars,

Old 08-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
Wow some serious front meat, nice wheel choice too. What offsets are you using?

Old 08-30-2017, 04:33 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aktavate
Wow some serious front meat, nice wheel choice too. What offsets are you using?
I've got it written down, but can't find it right now. It's same spec as pwdrhound, matter of fact he helped me out with sourcing this set. I think these are ET 36 in front and ET 45 in rear.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:32 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Finspeed F110 Forged with every available option possible. One of the finest custom forged mono blocks you can get for these cars. Can't wait to see these on your car Chris. Congrats! Here are the exact option of what you have.

18x10 ET38 18.9 lbs
18x13 ET46 20.9 lbs
RT option
Bead knurling option
Pro lightning option
Ultra light option
Deep conical option
Charcoal powder coat finish

Same exact wheels in silver with 275/335 NT01s...

Last edited by pwdrhound; 09-08-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:50 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
How in the world do you guys not scrape on the inner fenders or lips.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
Nice, I assume this requires full adjustability in front in addition to moving the rad up. I have 245 on 9 +33 with -2.5 and notched rad bracket and I don't think it could take much more tire in there as is. Do you also need to use narrower springs?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:04 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aktavate
Nice, I assume this requires full adjustability in front in addition to moving the rad up. I have 245 on 9 +33 with -2.5 and notched rad bracket and I don't think it could take much more tire in there as is. Do you also need to use narrower springs?
The trick is to use a wheel size / offset the puts the wheel/tire as close to the strut as possible. You need to use 60mm or 2.25" springs, GT3 uprights (don't know if AWD uprights would work but likely so), motorsport LCAs with adjustable T/A bushings, motorsport upper mounts you can flip so you can position the strut 15mm further into the wheel well, GT2 wheel well liners, move radiators forward 0.5" or so, trim the radiator bracket in the area of the "hump", and tightly roll the fenders. Camber will need to be -3º or so. You will also want to install a steering angle limiter to prevent the inner tire from rubbing when at full lock (otherwise you need to remember not to go full lock). Basically you need to reduce max steering angle by about 1" on the inside.

All of this will allow you to run the car at a 100mm ride height in the front without rubbing (GT2 is about 125mm). Obviously when running very low you will need proper motorsport shocks and other components like front arms with bump steer. If running higher ride heights, it's much less involved. That's about it...

Last edited by pwdrhound; 08-30-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:21 AM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Bonus, Only 3 sessions on the Hoosiers!

Hope you have a nice roll bar running a setup like this!

The hound knows his stuff for sure and this is proven at the track.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:36 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
What tire sizes you use exactly?
I do have problems to fit my 235/30 R18 under the car...
I would like to go for more but i am limited through the AWD and the tire manufactures which do not produce semi slicks in bigger sizes

Old 08-31-2017, 10:11 AM
Thanks for posting the exact specs John!

Originally Posted by viprklr
How in the world do you guys not scrape on the inner fenders or lips.
Roll the lips flat, heat and re-mold the inner liners, careful alignment

Originally Posted by elite1

hahahah yes, I've got a beautiful roll bar installed, hopefully never having to test that out... Thank you again for that. Hope you're doing well!

For sure, John is one of the most knowledgeable guys I've talked with about setting these cars up.

Originally Posted by ghostofpain
I would like to go for more but i am limited through the AWD and the tire manufactures which do not produce semi slicks in bigger sizes
Right now, I use Nitto NT01 245/40-18 in front and 315/30-18 on stock wheels. No rub at all. Not sure what setup you have to rub with 235/30-18 that should fit no trouble at all unless you are running at RSR ride height or something wild

The tires that will go with these are 275/35-18 anc 335/30-18 Nitto NT01.

The size of these you see pictured are Hoosier R7 at 255/35-18 and 335/30-18

Old 08-31-2017, 11:48 AM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the 275/335 club.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by elite1

Hey boss! Glad you're still around. Sell the car yet or having second thoughts? Let's catch up soon!

Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by ghostofpain
Hey Steffen,
There is obviously something not right with your set up if you have issues with 235/30s. Set me pics of the upper mounts where they bolt to the chassis and the rest of the suspension. What wheel size and ET are you using?

With that said, I'm using NT01 275/35/18 (25.4" tall) and 335/30/18 (26.0"). The 275s are 11" wide and the 335s are 14" wide. Lots of rubber. Great tires for all around track use if you're not chasing the last second. Consistent grip and wear like iron. I easily get a full 3 track days out of them, roughly 300miles. Best value out there.. For time trial I've run hoosiers but they only last 4-5 sessions before they fall off below the performance of the NT01s. After 5 hard laps I'll overheat the Hoosiers and they go away. I can run the NT01 hard for twice that with consistent grip. Again, great bang for the buck..

NT01 245/40 on the left v. 275/35 on the right

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Fx5Gkj]

NT01 305/35 on the left v. 335/30 on the right

[url=https://flic.kr/p/F7Pkpj]

Last edited by pwdrhound; 08-31-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
Thanks for posting the exact specs John!

The size of these you see pictured are Hoosier R7 at 255/35-18 and 335/30-18
The 255/35 R7 is Hoosiers cheater tire. It actually measures the same as the R7 275/40. That's why the 255 fits square on a 10" wheel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.