996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new Baby, the Porsche from HELL part 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
A Happy ending!

Old 01-29-2006, 05:18 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Offering a refund on your purchase is the sign of a true gentelman. Glad your car is ok and your enjoying it.

Old 01-29-2006, 05:34 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Congrats and I am glad that everything worked out for you. What a nightmare!

Old 01-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
turbo freak,

That's a good question. The collector/seller was a good sport and great guy throughout the process. I purposely have withheld his name because I don't want anybody to associate him with my series of unfortunate events.

His family is pretty well known. We talked thru the whole ordeal and when it looked the bleakest he actually said we should just cancel the whole thing and he would give me my money back. How many dealers would make that offer? Of course this guy needs money like a pig needs wings and probably would have had his lawyers handle Bill Pearce and UU without a hitch. Not only did he offer to refund all the purchase price, but said that if I told him exactly what options I'd like on another turbo, he would find one as close as possible through his connections and make me a great deal on it.

I don't think he even wants much of this kind of business--selling Porsches; I think he just does it once in a while to keep his license active.

If I ever buy another high-end car he's the first guy I'm going to call.
Wow. That is a true gentleman indeed! Bravo to him.

dtmarsh, enjoy that beast. She's a beauty.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:58 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
wow, there are a lot of shady dealers

Old 01-30-2006, 09:00 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
One word..WOW!!!!!

Old 01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
syaero is infamous around these parts
DT, glad to hear your ordeal was resolved to your favor. What a nightmare you went through.

Bill Pearce Porsche obviously doesn’t represent the Porsche’s business philosophy. Shady dealer like them give Porsche a bad name and should be stripped of their license as a Porsche dealer. Have you reported their business practice to PNA? If not, you should. Make those bastards pay. They shouldn’t be off the hook that easily. They obviously have no ethic code and moral value!

Old 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
great story

Old 01-31-2006, 01:11 AM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
syaero,

After this whole nightmare was over I did in fact write PCNA requesting that Bill Pearce be stripped of their affilliation w/ Porsche.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 AM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Thanks guys for all your kind comments. I wish I could have entered the turbo fold w/o all the drama. After 5 months of having no problems w/ the car and having shared the whole story by writing it out on this thread, I think I've finally put it behind me. It took such a large amount of emotional energy to find the car, buy the car and then deal w/ the ensuing disaster that it actually took me a couple months after the engine replacement before I started enjoying my new toy. I kept thinking, Okay, what's going to break next?

But now w/ some time and perspective and no problems, I realize the car really is perfect, and I got a brand new engine out of the deal, even if it did almost drive me to permanent insantity;-)

The first thing on my to-do list tomorrow is to drive the Porsche from hell. What an awesome machine. And just think, I just completed the 1800 mile break in;-)

Last edited by dtmarsh; 01-31-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:39 AM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
I guess since your new engine is a 2005 then it has the X-50 hp as opposed to the original engine?

Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 AM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold
Awesome story!! Glad it all worked out in the end.

This does bring up a question that has been requested here and at most car message boards for years:

Can we setup a list of good dealerships?

I know most site admins shy away from this since they don't want to lose possible sponsorship money...but in all honesty, would any site want to be sponsored by a shady dealer? Now, obviously some people have bad experiences even at good dealerships, but I think they way a dealer handles the problem is even more telling than the problem itself. The dealer in this case is just shady and potential buyers should be made aware.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:33 PM
turbo_freak is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Thanks guys for all your kind comments. I wish I could have entered the turbo fold w/o all the drama. After 5 months of having no problems w/ the car and having shared the whole story by writing it out on this thread, I think I've finally put it behind me. It took such a large amount of emotional energy to find the car, buy the car and then deal w/ the ensuing disaster that it actually took me a couple months after the engine replacement before I started enjoying my new toy. I kept thinking, Okay, what's going to break next?

But now w/ some time and perspective and no problems, I realize the car really is perfect, and I got a brand new engine out of the deal, even if it did almost drive me to permanent insantity;-)

The first thing on my to-do list tomorrow is to drive the Porsche from hell. What an awesome machine. And just think, I just completed the 1800 mile break in;-)
sounds like everything worked out pretty well for you

Old 01-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I guess since your new engine is a 2005 then it has the X-50 hp as opposed to the original engine?
I'm not 100% but I don't think X-50 has a different engine, just turbos and programming. I'd still be interested in what they told you if anything. How much boost do you see on WOT run. Stock non X-50 should be 0.6-0.7 and I believe X-50 will be up to 0.9.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:56 PM
I've seen .08 indicated, but I think that's the highest so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Baby, the Porsche from HELL part 1