996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Intake or exhaust, which one should i choose?>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 10:37 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
Intake or exhaust, which one should i choose?>

For a 03 996tt (stage 1 - giac flash)

Which component adds more of an improvement over stock, an aftermarket exhaust or the evo intake.

I know with an exhaust you can save a few pounds, and make the car sound great. However 3-4k is alot of $$$ right now.

Im thinking of getting an evo intake. Is the worth it?

I know this is responsible for an additional 15 hp. Does an exhaust add more?

Whats the better bang for your dollar. Keep in mind, the sound of a stock 911tt is fine for me at this point.

Any input appreciated...

Mike

Old 01-28-2006, 10:48 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Mike, I would say an Exhaust. You'll get more out of the exhaust first... Just be sure to get one that you like and that doesn't resonate

Old 01-28-2006, 10:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Mike, I would say an Exhaust. You'll get more out of the exhaust first... Just be sure to get one that you like and that doesn't resonate
I agree, exhaust would be my choice over intake, both would be best though

No, but in all seriousness if you wanted best bang for your buck, fvd cat/muffler bypass pipes and evo intake, most hp/tq for the money

Old 01-30-2006, 08:00 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
yup, thats what i thought.

I might just go for intake first though for budget reasons.

Am i going to feel a difference with the intake? Are these proven gains.

Is thier only an evo intake avialable? anything else?
thanks
mike

Old 01-30-2006, 08:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
yup, thats what i thought.

I might just go for intake first though for budget reasons.

Am i going to feel a difference with the intake? Are these proven gains.

Is thier only an evo intake avialable? anything else?
thanks
mike
Absolutely you will. Most of what I feel when we do them is the reduction in LAG on a boosted car. You'll get better response too... If you need one let me know as I have both in stock. Both meaning one for a GT2 wing and one for a TT wing

Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
you need both. your car will never be complete with them.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by oak
you need both. your car will never be complete with them.
Haha... Don't listen to Oak

Besides what's wrong with being stock anyways these days!?!?

Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Haha... Don't listen to Oak

Besides what's wrong with being stock anyways these days!?!?
LOL stock is played out Alex, where have you been

Nah but Alex man, how's the cotton filter doing for the V-flow, anymore MAF prob's?? Im about to order mine!

Old 01-30-2006, 09:31 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
No question...exhaust my favorite mod! Sound and power.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Exahaust for sure. You'll get up to 40 HP/TQ in th midrange due to faster spool up of the turbos as well as about 15HP/TQ peak power.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:15 PM
zed
zed is infamous around these parts
What would be the recommended non-resonating exhaust mod for a stock Tiptronic 996TT? Or is the torque converter going to cause resonance anyway?

Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LOL stock is played out Alex, where have you been

Nah but Alex man, how's the cotton filter doing for the V-flow, anymore MAF prob's?? Im about to order mine!
Doing good actually! No weird issues with the non-oiled one

Old 01-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by zed
What would be the recommended non-resonating exhaust mod for a stock Tiptronic 996TT? Or is the torque converter going to cause resonance anyway?
I have a Tip and have had/installed just about every exhaust out there on my car or customer's Tips...

TQ converter doesn't cause resonance... It's the fact that the rpm's sit at 2300rpms on the freeway with our cars. So with that in mind there are only a few exhausts that don't resonate:

Europipe Stage II Quiet
EVO/MillTek
AWE (I have that one)
RuF

The others whilst good/bad for different reasons on a Tip do have resonance....

Old 01-30-2006, 10:43 PM
zed
zed is infamous around these parts
I have a Tip and have had/installed just about every exhaust out there on my car or customer's Tips...

TQ converter doesn't cause resonance... It's the fact that the rpm's sit at 2300rpms on the freeway with our cars. So with that in mind there are only a few exhausts that don't resonate:

Europipe Stage II Quiet
EVO/MillTek
AWE (I have that one)
RuF

The others whilst good/bad for different reasons on a Tip do have resonance....
Thanks.

Zed

Old 01-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by zed
Thanks.

Zed
No probs Zed.. the other thing I forgot to mention is to try and go to a "meet" or a "shop" that's local to you to listen to one first.. Just to get an idea!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intake or exhaust, which one should i choose?>