996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Child Seat for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:31 PM
X1
prubin is infamous around these parts
Child Seat for 996TT

Hi all. I'm searching for a forward-facing child seat for the REAR seat of my 996TT. My 3 1/2 year old daughter wants to ride! Any suggestions for a seat that fits back there?

Old 02-02-2006, 04:09 PM
bayareaferrari is infamous around these parts
contact this guy...dcarroll@telstrat.com

he has one for sale on the :"for sale board"

Old 02-02-2006, 04:55 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Britax Roundabout, weight range 20-40 lbs. $220-250.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:34 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Porsche Boutique seats are made by Britax so if you want to save a few bucks go to a high end kid's store. Just remember that if you need a seat for the front, you need to get a Porsche because of the airbag deactivation harness.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:46 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Make a search on Ebay for Porsche child seat or Porsche baby. That where I got my Porsche "Prince" seat. Here's one for sale in UK:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORSCHE-BABY-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Here's one in Belgium:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Siege-auto-enf...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-02-2006, 08:54 PM
X1
Thanks for the suggestions; what's the website for Porsche Boutique ???
The search on the new vBulletin doesn't seem to work!

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Porsche Boutique seats are made by Britax so if you want to save a few bucks go to a high end kid's store. Just remember that if you need a seat for the front, you need to get a Porsche because of the airbag deactivation harness.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
BiggerApe is infamous around these parts
Prubin, I got mine at toys'r'us. fits perfect with the bottom pad out and only cost 125$ It's a Greco.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:15 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2thfixr

Actually, you can use any seat after having a manual airbag switch installed. Only caveat is it costs approx $500+ per side. Good to have if you're using your car as a dual-purpose street/race car and don't want to remove the airbags. There are a couple of airbag switch installation outfits in the US and they have regional contractors. If anybody's interested, search on the web and you'll find 'em. I passed on it when I decided not to turn my car into a track car--and when I found one of the child seats we already own has a narrow enough back/base to fit in the back of my 911.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 AM
MX RACER is infamous around these parts
I've tried a few different seats including the new recaro for my 21/2 year old and the Porsche seat fits the best. My son can sit in the back with the passenger seat far enough back for some one in front to be comfortable.. Another issue with the back seats is the width the Porsche seat fit perfectly..

Old 02-03-2006, 10:03 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Paul,
You need to get one for the front seat with the airbag disable. You have a roll cage in the rear. No way to use the rear seats because of the bars.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:55 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know where to get the male clip for the abs deactivation?

I've been looking for that stupid thing but havent had any luck!

Old 02-03-2006, 03:03 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
it comes with Porsche Prince seat.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:20 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
I know... but i purchased the abs deactivation kit elsewhere and use a a different child seat.... I just need that damn male clip.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:04 PM
X1
OK, I've tried a couple of child car seats in the back of my 996TT, but they don't sit right. The rear seat of the car is too narrow for these seats to set properly. Does anyone know where to get a child seat that FITS the rear of the car? Any online sources???

Originally Posted by MX RACER
I've tried a few different seats including the new recaro for my 21/2 year old and the Porsche seat fits the best. My son can sit in the back with the passenger seat far enough back for some one in front to be comfortable.. Another issue with the back seats is the width the Porsche seat fit perfectly..

Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i've got the Porsche OEM child seat that you are looking for. whoot me a PM if you're still interested and i'll get you some pics so you can verify it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Child Seat for 996TT