996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best Sounding Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Andrew708
Thumbs up Best Sounding Exhaust

TONIGHT I WAS TALKING WITH DUANE..I TOLD HIM I HAD FABSPEED EXHAUST..I SAID THAT I THINK IT IS THE BEST SOUNDING ALSO..HE TOLD ME HE HAD IT ALSO...I HEARD HIS EXHAUST,AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!AWESOME HIS SOUNDED DIFFERENT THAN MINE..I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY..HE EXPLAINED THAT WHEN I PUT MY DV'S,TURBO'S AND ECU IN IT WILL SOUND DIFFERENT ALSO..ANYWAY.I THINK DUANE'S CAR HAS THE BEST SOUND I HAVE EVER HEARD!!CAN'T WAIT TO DO UP MY CAR THIS WEEK...ALSO THIS WEEKEND I WAS RACING AROUND WITH SEAN,HE HAS SOME KIND OF RUF CONVERSION AND THAT SOUNDED AWESOME ALSO...WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS THE BEST SOUNDING EXHAUST???

Old 07-22-2003, 09:21 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I have the fabspeeds and straight pipes too..

Here's one of my soundclips:
http://www.fabspeed.com/pipeslaunch.wmv

Old 07-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Sharkey are the straight pipes a hard intall?

Old 07-22-2003, 09:30 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Duane
Sharkey are the straight pipes a hard intall?
Not at all Duane. Just unbolt the mufflers and they slap straight on to the back of the cats. Probably 25minute job if you have access to a lift. I strongly recommend you give them a try... They are very loud thou, so watch out. As long as you don't get on it around town or around cops you'll be fine. I've learned to drive calmly around town to avoid being a target

It's kind of funny hearing my turbos spool down... Almost sounds like a cop in the distance

Old 07-22-2003, 09:36 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by sharkster
Not at all Duane. Just unbolt the mufflers and they slap straight on to the back of the cats. Probably 25minute job if you have access to a lift. I strongly recommend you give them a try... They are very loud thou, so watch out. As long as you don't get on it around town or around cops you'll be fine. I've learned to drive calmly around town to avoid being a target

It's kind of funny hearing my turbos spool down... Almost sounds like a cop in the distance
God I love how those sound, I seriously listen to that clip a few times EVERY DAY. I can't wait till I get a Turbo, I can tell you thats the first thing going on!!!!
Evan

Old 07-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by AMG-ETR
God I love how those sound, I seriously listen to that clip a few times EVERY DAY. I can't wait till I get a Turbo, I can tell you thats the first thing going on!!!!
Evan
LOL it's pretty darn loud Ear piercing for drivers next to you- so be nice

When you getting that Turbo then?

Old 07-22-2003, 09:44 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Europipe 85 mm's

sharkster,

You have heard my 85 mm Europipe's, what do you think?

Old 07-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Re: Europipe 85 mm's

Originally posted by cjv
sharkster,

You have heard my 85 mm Europipe's, what do you think?
My fabspeed= loud raspy and suits ma' ghetto-stylismo.

Your Euros are classy, stealthy and MUSIC at WOT. Also we know if you use them they make loadsa power I was skeptical having never heard them, thinking it was just a exhaust du jour but having heard them in the flesh, I'd say for daily driving you probably couldn't ask for more. They really do not have any resonance... The only other one sans resonance is the Ruf but that's a little too quiet for my liking. Makes good power also though I hear.

PS We need Stephen to come out with those results. I also know that David (VA) makes some killer stuff at www.turbo-exhaust.com. Stephen said his made really good power...

Last edited by sharkster; 07-22-2003 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:56 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by sharkster
LOL it's pretty darn loud Ear piercing for drivers next to you- so be nice

When you getting that Turbo then?
I don't care about the other drivers j/k, but hey what are ya gunna do....

I have been working on getting a Turbo for about a month now with no such luck. I have found a few good cars, but for some reason or another they just haven't worked out. My dad is a firm believer that if its not ment to be its not ment to be, so we will continue looking. I really want the GT2 his dealership just took in, but I know I couldn't handle that car . Well I am still looking for the right car, if anyone knows of any nice Yellow/Black TT's for sale lemme know.
Evan

Old 07-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by AMG-ETR
I don't care about the other drivers j/k, but hey what are ya gunna do....

I have been working on getting a Turbo for about a month now with no such luck. I have found a few good cars, but for some reason or another they just haven't worked out. My dad is a firm believer that if its not ment to be its not ment to be, so we will continue looking. I really want the GT2 his dealership just took in, but I know I couldn't handle that car . Well I am still looking for the right car, if anyone knows of any nice Yellow/Black TT's for sale lemme know.
Evan
Will keep my eye open. No doubt the GT2 is a fantastic car but as a daily driver I'll have my AWD and PSM thanx Plus you mod the heck out of a TT anyways....

Old 07-22-2003, 10:27 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Speaking of exhaust systems without resonance, what about the Fabspeed "quiet" version? Does it have the low RPM resonance?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by racer63
Speaking of exhaust systems without resonance, what about the Fabspeed "quiet" version? Does it have the low RPM resonance?

Thanks in advance.
Never tried the quiet version sorry Somebody on here must have it though...

Old 07-22-2003, 10:43 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Admittedly I know when I start asking questions about the "quiet" version and resonance, I must be getting old.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by racer63
Admittedly I know when I start asking questions about the "quiet" version and resonance, I must be getting old.
LOL nah, I'm no spring chicken either at 28... But I think I've killed my ears thanks to all those years of techno thumping bass

Old 07-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
IMHO, the Fabspeed exhaust is WAYYYYY to loud. In contrast, the Ruf exhaust has a beautiful pitch that is just slightly louder than stock. My vote goes to the Ruf, particularly if, like me, you want a lower profile sound.

Of note, my wife thinks my Ruf exhaust is too loud -- she claims to hear me comng from a block away. She would divorce me if I got the Fabspeed.

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Sounding Exhaust