996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed Super Sport exhaust question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 12:22 PM
toffeGT2 is infamous around these parts
Question Fabspeed Super Sport exhaust question.

Can someone identified whether this is real Fabspeed Super Sport exhaust?

Old 12-04-2003, 12:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
That's the same one I have, it is a real Fabspeed Super Sport exhaust, which seemingly was the most popular one at the event

Old 12-04-2003, 12:27 PM
toffeGT2 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
That's the same one I have, it is a real Fabspeed Super Sport exhaust, which seemingly was the most popular one at the event
That was quick! thanks sharkster.
So label on the exhaust said "GT2 Twin Turbo" is that a older version or they simply have only one version. Cause Fabspeed site show 996TT on the Label.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:35 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
mine also says GT2 twinturbo... check my sig...

Old 12-04-2003, 12:36 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
that picture I do not think is of the 'actual' exhaust as I have seen it on another website too (I think EVO)

Old 12-04-2003, 12:52 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by toffeGT2
That was quick! thanks sharkster.
So label on the exhaust said "GT2 Twin Turbo" is that a older version or they simply have only one version. Cause Fabspeed site show 996TT on the Label.
Mine is an early version but to my knowledge they're really the same other than a few welds. What you have is the real deal and you will dig it. Plus it makes power

Old 12-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Was he using the FS straight pipes?

Old 12-04-2003, 04:52 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Laguna Seca will kick out most cars that have over 91 decibels. Even with my old FVD Exhaust I got flagged. With Fabspeed it would be even worse. You can still race but you have to let off the throttle from turn 5 to 6. That is where the sound booth is.

That is the only thing that stinks about Laguna (sound restriction)

Old 12-04-2003, 06:54 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by oruehr
A TT at Laguna Seca last weekend was using the Fabspeed exhaust and got kicked off because it was just too loud.

Has this happened to anyone at other track events?
I think the Fabspeed Super Sport could result in a DNF at many tracks. It sounds awesome, but is quite loud. I ran one on my car for a month or so. I used to set off car alarms just idling through an outdoor parking lot. The sound at WOT was, well... both intoxicating and deafening.

As for track sound limits, it'll depend on the distance from the meter, the max db level allowed, and a few other factors. Laguna Seca obviously has one of the lowest allowed limits.

I used to run the sound meter for SCCA autocrosses in San Diego. Learned a few tricks for fooling the meter. The best approach is to just aim your exhaust tips away from the meter, or down toward the ground. Since the 996TT exhaust tips can be easily removed/attached, I'd fabricate a set of tips that can be pointed either down at the ground, or away from the meter. That should buy the driver a lot of room to work with...