996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clock in gauge cluster acting wacky (need Porsche PhD)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Clock in gauge cluster acting wacky (need Porsche PhD)

I've noticed twice that the clock changes time suddenly, approx 1 1/2 hours ahead, then switch back to the current time. The change will occur for a few minutes. I don't think my speeds were such that it interrrupted the relationship of space and time. What else would cause that?

On a side note, my spoiler has been stuck in the up position. I remember reading a thread about spoiler problems being resolved by replacing the instrument panel. Maybe there is a connection?

Old 02-08-2006, 02:30 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery (negative) for couple minutes and then put it back and set the time again. Make sure you have your radio/navigation code.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:08 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
There were some early issues with the clusters in the 01s. You might want to pay a visit to someone with a PST2 and read the cluster. I am sure there is a pending on it. See if you can find out what it is. You can also try pulling the cluster. This will reset the whole thing.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I'm a precision freak. My problem is that my clock loses about a minute
a week it seems... Every clock or watch I own is one of those
'atomic' ones that radio receive the time from NIST so they're
perfect all the time... I'd gladly pay Porsche another $200 to have
that sort of dash clock... (grumble) If I only knew the email address
of "Manuell" or whover is responsible for the dash electronics...
Joe

Old 02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
My gauge cluster was replaced twice in my 2001 Turbo for the clock not keeping time correctly. Second gauge panal the clock finally stopped working after losing about 15 min. per week. Since the 2nd replacement the car has had not issue.

JCM

Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Szpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
I've noticed twice that the clock changes time suddenly, approx 1 1/2 hours ahead, then switch back to the current time. The change will occur for a few minutes. I don't think my speeds were such that it interrrupted the relationship of space and time. What else would cause that?

On a side note, my spoiler has been stuck in the up position. I remember reading a thread about spoiler problems being resolved by replacing the instrument panel. Maybe there is a connection?
Sorry for picking up a really old thread but just started my car for the first time for five months and have some strange issues with my clock.