996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Drive to Cars for the Cure in Orlando from Miami - SL HRE issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 09:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lee2375
The Rs (K19R, K28R, K59R, K18R) will have that problem but the standards (K19, K29, K59, K28, K58, K18) wont.
My friend has the K19R's and has not had the problem, that's weird. And yes im pos. they are the "R" series

Old 02-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
It doesnt happen to everyone or every single car, not sure why, but we have had K19R customers complain about water vibration also. Just b/c your buddies car hasnt noticed the problem doesnt mean that all Kinesis dont have that problem. Maybe he never drives over 80 in the wet? Maybe his wheels will vibrate at 100 instead of 70? Who knows?

Anyhow, my point is not to argue, it is just to help inform the public. As a master dealer for all of these wheels, I am the first person to wish the problem does not exist - but it does, so we have to inform all potential customers. A lot of places make no mention of it so this is why you may not have heard of it. I know I at least try to mention it to a first time buyer, especially if they live in a rainy area, but even I forget to do so sometimes. If the car is an exotic like a Ferrari of Lambo or GT2, chances are they would not drive this car fast in the rain anyways (if at all) since it easy to lose control in these types of cars in the wet, so they are less likely to notice than a guy with a M3 or an S4 who uses his car daily, rain or shine.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lee2375
It doesnt happen to everyone or every single car, not sure why, but we have had K19R customers complain about water vibration also. Just b/c your buddies car hasnt noticed the problem doesnt mean that all Kinesis dont have that problem. Maybe he never drives over 80 in the wet? Maybe his wheels will vibrate at 100 instead of 70? Who knows?

Anyhow, my point is not to argue, it is just to help inform the public. As a master dealer for all of these wheels, I am the first person to wish the problem does not exist - but it does, so we have to inform all potential customers. A lot of places make no mention of it so this is why you may not have heard of it. I know I at least try to mention it to a first time buyer, especially if they live in a rainy area, but even I forget to do so sometimes. If the car is an exotic like a Ferrari of Lambo or GT2, chances are they would not drive this car fast in the rain anyways (if at all) since it easy to lose control in these types of cars in the wet, so they are less likely to notice than a guy with a M3 or an S4 who uses his car daily, rain or shine.
Yea man your right, his was a show car and i guess my only experience was on the way to a show getting caught up in the rain, and that's when we were going slow (55) or so