996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Drive to Cars for the Cure in Orlando from Miami - SL HRE issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:24 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Drive to Cars for the Cure in Orlando from Miami - SL HRE issues

Had fun driving up with

Hershel
Hernando
Xico
Duane
RobertM
Ron(Viper Testarossa)
FrankGT2

to Cars For the Cure.

UNTIL - My HRE's in my SL600 started collecting water in the wheel barrel. It caused a severe vibration driving thru the rain. I had to pull over and absorb the water with napkins, then drive off again for 10 minutes until the vibration started again. I never knew of this problem until this trip. The water build up threw the balance of the wheel off significantly causing the wheel to hop. Anyone hear of this before?

I called HRE, and they said all wheels do this, but none of the other cars - Duane's Maya, Herschel's Cargraphic wheels, Ron's Avus, Xico's Cargraphic turbo R's had any collection problems like mine.

I've asked HRE to get back to me with a solution asap, but so far not looking to good.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:29 PM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
There was a thread a week or two ago asking about this problem. The guy had the exact same problems. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=41027

Old 02-08-2006, 04:02 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Always been a problem with the reverse drop center wheels.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:18 PM
alpine142 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Always been a problem with the reverse drop center wheels.
yeah, there have been many complaints. just means you can't drive in the rain

Old 02-08-2006, 04:33 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ShankCS
Had fun driving up with

Hershel
Hernando
Xico
Duane
RobertM
Ron(Viper Testarossa)
FrankGT2

to Cars For the Cure.

UNTIL - My HRE's in my SL600 started collecting water in the wheel barrel. It caused a severe vibration driving thru the rain. I had to pull over and absorb the water with napkins, then drive off again for 10 minutes until the vibration started again. I never knew of this problem until this trip. The water build up threw the balance of the wheel off significantly causing the wheel to hop. Anyone hear of this before?

I called HRE, and they said all wheels do this, but none of the other cars - Duane's Maya, Herschel's Cargraphic wheels, Ron's Avus, Xico's Cargraphic turbo R's had any collection problems like mine.

I've asked HRE to get back to me with a solution asap, but so far not looking to good.
I have never had that problem, could be also attributed to your alignment.....your wheels look like they're at -4.0 in the back....

Lou

Old 02-08-2006, 04:41 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LSM
I have never had that problem, could be also attributed to your alignment.....your wheels look like they're at -4.0 in the back....

Lou
common problem as stated

Old 02-08-2006, 10:03 PM
trozenhorse is infamous around these parts
oh yea....big problem...i posted something about 5-6 months back....got bombarded from a few people...bottom line it is in the design and the size of the groove...got a complete techinical run down how it is not possible based on the law of physics.....trust me possible....nothing worse than driving a car that had such good performance on dry pavement to feeling like the wheels are coming off....some crazy sh-t! not for me....ever....

Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I saw this problem at Audi forum about 2 years ago, HRE simply done nothing with this issue.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:20 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Shank, It would have been nice to see the 600 at the show.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:47 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
very common problem with HRE. maybe you dont drive in the rain enough

Old 02-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I have the same problem in the CLS55. I decided to take the wheels off ahd am running the stock wheels. Too much of a hassle in my opinion, especially for a daily driver.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:01 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Yea this is a known and common prob's with HRE's, such a shame they wont even do anything about it

Old 02-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Just to be clear. This is not specifically an HRE issue . Any reverse drop center wheels will do this. Just comes with the territory.

Really nothing to blame HRE for.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:26 AM
robots_are_neon is infamous around these parts
this is a known issue, this happened with a bunch of audis..check it out, HRE got back to him with responses and everything:
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread...light=hre+rain

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread...light=hre+rain

Old 02-09-2006, 05:31 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ari
Just to be clear. This is not specifically an HRE issue . Any reverse drop center wheels will do this. Just comes with the territory.

Really nothing to blame HRE for.
Yup, HRE is not the only wheels afflicted with this. Just the limitations on the design.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drive to Cars for the Cure in Orlando from Miami - SL HRE issues