996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

!!!Breaking News!!! BuddyG's Transcontinental Adventure!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 07:19 AM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
http://www.newsok.com/?n_statenw Maybe an article but you have to register.

Edit: it is not it. But I am still looking.

Last edited by dbelleperc; 12-05-2003 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:39 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by wilber
V1 does not work if the F@#king COP use Airplane to trap your speed from the AIR !
So now the cops are the bad guys?!! Get a life, dude. If this is true, what Buddy did was criminal and not to be commemorated on what he did. Did he really think he could actually out run the law? Did he really think he was going to "blend in with the traffic" with his car and the stupid speed he was doing? That was pure criminal,period. The street is not a place to be doing excessive speeding because of all the other factors involved around. Speed can kill, excessive speed can wipe out a generation!!!!

Last edited by WARDHOG; 12-05-2003 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Buddy,

That was extremely irresponsible

Keep up the good work!!!

Old 12-05-2003, 07:45 AM
Tim'sNFS is infamous around these parts
I got to agree Wardhog. Time and place for every thing.

Old 12-05-2003, 07:50 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yep - Budddy G - 6speedonline.com MVP

Old 12-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Colin@PES is infamous around these parts
TO: BUDMAN & ROBIN

EVERYONE FACE EAST AND PRAY TO BUDMAN & ROBIN

Old 12-05-2003, 08:45 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
LOL - thats some crazy ****!!!
And I thought I was cool by outrunning the city cops once...(succeeded too - had a sort of batcave )

Old 12-05-2003, 08:50 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"And I thought I was cool by outrunning the city cops once..."

i used to tape a paper place to my tag when i was a kid and look for cops to get to chace me.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:58 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
This just in.........................
I just spoke to Budman. He is just east of Oklahoma City, OK sans Robin. Robin is flying back to NJ. Budman is heading east on I44 near a town called Bristow.
I read him a few of the posts, both for and against his actions and he asked me to respond on his behalf (paraphrasing of course).............
The choice to do what he did was a spur of the moment thing that was not thought out at all and ultimately, was pretty stupid. After being face down on the pavement with a big gun in his back, subsequently handcuffed and then having a chance to reflect on the evenets while spending 8 hours in the jail cell, he can't believe he actually did this. He wholeheartedly agrees it was stupid, can't believe he actually did it and would certainly never do it again.
He has 4 kids and wouldn't risk them and wouldn't appreciate anyone else placing them at risk in a similar situation. So I guess remorse is the operative word.

That's it from the Budman, as reported live by KPV.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:08 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Exactly what I thought! Now, how did I know it was a stupid snap decision ... I might have done the same thing! I hope not though.

Now I will laugh about it. Buddy you are a ridiculous crazy man. What the hell were you thinking? I can just see it, **** cherries, quick thought ... hmm, I think I can get away, robin, you in? if so, press the accelerator. OK, now rip by 150 you start to think, as you also start to focus at that speed, am I really doing the right thing, but by then it’s pretty late so you think how can I get out of this, while still accelerating. Oh man, what a pickle!

Budman, when I get out on the track with you I am definitely letting you go out first. I want to keep an eye on you.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dbelleperc
My girlfriend translated it and it read,
"That fool has some BIG *** NUTS!

But Budman I hope that everything works out and you can get this off of your record because a felony is not cool.

hahahaha GOOD one ^oo^

Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Why wasnt the car being trailered, I am shocked, no temptation with a SUV and trailer, also no fun, SPEED RULES !

Old 12-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Remorse - A gun to the head will do that every time. I hate when that happens. I guess a PBA card does not work in that situation.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:03 AM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Man this kind of debate is as old as internet message boards... actually older.

It's a dilemma. On the one hand, if you are a well trained driver in a well prepared car, you'd like to be able to travel at high speed when the conditions dictate - as drivers on the Autobahn can do.

On the other hand, the other drivers that we must contend with on the road are generallyhave much less training/skill than European drivers. So, the risk is much greater for us and the other drivers.

Sure you can make arguments that it's breaking the law. Or that the law is unjust/silly. But, honestly, there is no right or wrong answer, only opinion...

Having done a few high speed runs when I was in my 20s and 30s, I know the temptation. I've found the best antidote is some form of organized racing.

Buddy. I hope that you make it back home safely and uneventfully.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:14 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Racer63, I agree completely. I rarely crank it up out on the street (high speed, not accel or a corner here or there). I get it out on the track where it is much safer and controlled.

I did go to 140+ repeatedly in my lambo while I was testing my new brakes (6-piston Wilwood set-up). I had a friend drive ahead in a motorcycle to make sure the coast was clear and we chose empty, limited access Wisconsin road. Pretty safe, well controlled, and a little fun. I will also do aero testing (data collection) on the highway but I can get what I need at 120 or below and then a coast down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: !!!Breaking News!!! BuddyG's Transcontinental Adventure!!!!