996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

!!!Breaking News!!! BuddyG's Transcontinental Adventure!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 08:41 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Why am I not surprised...LOL go get em Budman!!

Old 12-04-2003, 08:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I told him to ease into boost instead of slamming on it? Maybe he was checking for boost leaks and reached 165mph easing into it for that reason

Old 12-04-2003, 08:47 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
WOW, that is some seroius stuff. I also thought that your car would be impounded.

That pic might surpass Stephen's brembo brake hat as the best pic on 6speed.

Old 12-04-2003, 09:07 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
wow he is coooooool!!! he is the man!!! hopefully he is alright

Old 12-04-2003, 09:10 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Buddy G - 6speedonline MVP - no doubt about it ! andrew turn of the darn caps already - how many exclamation points do you need LOL

Old 12-04-2003, 09:20 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
HOLY MOTHERS!!! Budman you crack me up. For those who havn't met Budman you can only imagine the story telling he will be doing ;-)

I don't think Hani had planned for any of this. An experience he will never forget !

Crazy stuff!

Old 12-04-2003, 09:22 PM
ProV1 is infamous around these parts
who is buddy

Old 12-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Based on my ride with Buddy around Buttonwillow, he is definitely the man! His driving style is truly insane. While I prefer to throttle steer, he just floors the car to the limit of adhesion and catches the oversteering tail on the exit.

Buddy you are da man! You livin da THUG LIFE!

I'm sure you are innocent of these false charges. I am sure you have an excellent attorney who will make mincemeat of this case.

BTW, I got a serious speeding ticket on the way to Buttonwillow on Monday night... so I really empathize with you.

Old 12-04-2003, 09:53 PM
MWEELS is infamous around these parts
Tyson,

How fast??

MWEELS

Old 12-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Banned
Accomplice is infamous around these parts
Man I haven't had a ticket since I bought the V1 back in 1999. But I got tagged for 93 in a 70 ($303 fine) the other day and I've been bellyaching about it ever since. After reading about Buddy my ticket feels like a slap on the wrist.

I'm wondering how we can pool our collective resources and bring something to bare on Buddy's situation. The potential consequences seem so harsh for something any one of us could have done while playing around on that interstate.

Kevin

Last edited by Accomplice; 12-04-2003 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:21 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!
this news of Budman and Robin for real?!?!

BUDDYG u da man!... Stage V is da killer....

good luck and I hope they both are ok,
Endra

Old 12-04-2003, 10:38 PM
GT2GRL is infamous around these parts
Who knew the Budman and Robin outfits wouldn't work - I guess those good ol' boys in TX just don't know. Although Buddy had quite a trip today, I'm sure Hani also has quite the story.....Hope you guys are both ok!

Old 12-04-2003, 10:49 PM
J.Moss is infamous around these parts
I met Buddy and Hanni at the dyno day....

They seemed like trouble with a capital T................

Jeff

Old 12-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
Guess I'll stand alone on this one...

Buddy might be a nice guy and all... I don't know him; but I can't help but notice the trend in this thread towards people thinking that what Buddy did is cool or in anyway positive.

What happened, if the reports can be believed, is nothing more than pure stupidity. It is not living on the edge; it is pure ignorance and nothing more...

Think about this for a moment. If you were on the road while the police were chasing someone down at excessive speed endangering YOUR family... would you think it cool? Would you think it funny?... or would you think it nothing more than pure stupidity. For those of you who have families... I doubt you would think it anything more than stupidity. Do you think the roads that were being travelled were meant for those speeds? What do you think the families of the officers would think if their husbands or wives were injured because of the chase?

Funny? Cool? Exciting? Living on the edge?

I think not.

People make mistakes... and Buddy clearly had a lapse in judgement. Support him... help him if he needs it... but please don't glorify his ignorance.

There is enough ignorance in the world and we don't need any more precipitated by people who, by the very nature of the vehicles they drive; should know better.

Kind Regards,

Joe West

Old 12-04-2003, 10:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by wilber

King Kong an't got **** on you.
Man up dawg, now man the F*** up DAWG! Where da' rocks at??

Wilber I've heard you have taken a 996 GT2 further than any of us would ever dream of? 200+ right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: !!!Breaking News!!! BuddyG's Transcontinental Adventure!!!!