996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

An EVOGT700 Pictorial!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
sharkcat, are you the one who actually does the wrenching? or is it your job to just take pics and post on the bb? curious minds would like to know. if your job is both then I would consider you "up there with Mr. confidence."
Do you know how hard it is to take bad pcitures? Actually, I'm no ASE certified wrench but I'm "learning" all the time under James' guidance I've taken my Turbo apart and put it back together again SOOOO many times and hopefully that's given me some experience. So I do "help" and "wrench" some as well but mostly James just calls me "office boy"!

Last edited by sharkster; 02-12-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
damn that's gonna be a killer machine. motons, brembo gt-r's, and quick spool evo 700, awesome response machine. you guys put out some awesome cars!
It really really is.. Probably one of my fav' cars around. It's got everything that my car has only it spools up even faster. Oh and it's yellow:P

My car's relegated to being outside....

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2006, 05:12 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
ahahah... I know what you mean, sharkguy it's even harder to spell picures than it is to take. I think it's awsome that you aren't afraid to get your hands soiled being from wellington and all. You can learn on my turbo, I want the GT-1250 conversion. See you next week. What kind of turn around?

Old 02-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by oak
ahahah... I know what you mean, sharkguy it's even harder to spell picures than it is to take. I think it's awsome that you aren't afraid to get your hands soiled being from wellington and all. You can learn on my turbo, I want the GT-1250 conversion. See you next week. What kind of turn around?
And I should know better than to type with mechanics gloves on! My editor would kill me... Wellington.. I'll give you the Wellignton boot my friend. It's pretty sad actually, I was born, raised, educated etc.. in the center of London and anyone that's lived/been there knows that nobody drives. In fact, I didn't own a car until I came to live in the US in 98 and I was 24 (shudder)....

The GT series is reserved for Tiptronics ONLY. Besides for a show-winner like yours there's no way in hell James would let me within 5 feet... I talk, I type, shoot **** pictures and do some wrenching when I'm allowed....

Old 02-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Nice car. Just curious, what did that run the owner? Guessing $40k. But the upgrades were probably worth every cent; can't wait to see the owner's reaction.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:42 PM
VRAlexander
Hmmmm..... Shark Werks seems to "specialize" in yellow cars !!

-Coming out tonight?? (you favorite hottie (AKA 350tt Z) will be there)
Roger and I are thinking of Santana Row for Sushi..

Old 02-12-2006, 09:29 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Sick car, i miss doing projects already on my cars haha, cant wait to mod this turbo up sorry to say, i even promised myself.. Lasted hmm, month and a half

Alex what exhaust tips are on that car???

Old 02-12-2006, 10:21 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gunther
Why do you recommend the light weght flywheel? Please be as specific as you can. Thanks.
i can't speak to its application w/ the GT700 but i'll give some thoughts on my set-up in the sig.

first, the car revs much faster. blip the throttle and the revs are up there; of course, the downside of this is it drops just as fast (no inertia.) it might be related to my programming, but a very lazy shift to 3rd gear sometimes causes the car to die b/c the revs slip too low.

second, i live in San Francisco and while i've had the stage 2 clutch/LW flywheel for 2-3 weeks now, i'm still scared of the hills theoretically, it should be easier w/ the LW flywheel b/c the revs are fast, but if you hesitate for a moment, the car will stall due to the loss of momentum. (and this can be *quite* embarassing since everyone is already staring at the car, and those that weren't will be once the exhaust kicks in.)

third, the chatter is over-rated - i hardly notice it.

it definitely changes the driveability of the car but there's nothing quite like hearing the Fabspeed LOUD rev up through the downtown streets of SF

- chuck

Old 02-12-2006, 11:16 PM
spidey is infamous around these parts
hey chuck: I'm scheduled next month to do the lightweight flywheel/clutch upgrade. Thanks for the feedback.

On your 2nd to 3rd gear shifts, does the "stalling" happen if you shift below 4000 rpm?

Old 02-12-2006, 11:20 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by spidey
hey chuck: I'm scheduled next month to do the lightweight flywheel/clutch upgrade. Thanks for the feedback.

On your 2nd to 3rd gear shifts, does the "stalling" happen if you shift below 4000 rpm?
probably 3000rpm... it's usually when i'm both not paying attention & trying to be quiet so i short-shift... probably once every 2-3 days...

- chuck

Old 02-13-2006, 11:17 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Alex what exhaust tips are on that car???
White ones!!

996tt Tips.jpg

Last edited by VRAlexander; 03-23-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
White ones!!

996tt Tips.jpg
LOL ahh i remember the white exhaust tip days in my M3, i also miss race gas

But seriously what tips did he have? Its like the OEM but 2 solid circular pipe look instead of overlapping, techart?

Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 PM
///996TTM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
It really really is.. Probably one of my fav' cars around. It's got everything that my car has only it spools up even faster. Oh and it's yellow:P

My car's relegated to being outside....
more pics of the black tt with gold rims....

i really like it!

Old 02-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Its like the OEM but 2 solid circular pipe look instead of overlapping, techart?
cargraphic exhaust and tips I believe

Old 02-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Johnfromjersey
cargraphic exhaust and tips I believe
Thanks John!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An EVOGT700 Pictorial!