996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The Official Debut of the New & Improved KPV 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:26 PM
GT2GRL is infamous around these parts
KPV - the car looks amazing! Congratulations, and thanks for finally sharing!

Old 12-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
KPV,

Thank you for the pics. Its an inspiration.

Old 12-06-2003, 04:33 AM
maxiter is infamous around these parts
Looks great Ken! The hood is awesome! (Yes, I have a biased opinion).

Old 12-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by KPV
Darren,
Especially for you...................

The rest will have to wait until next week. I have a very serious surprise in store for everyone!!!
I'm speechless Great mods and looks great.
Where can I get one of those Carbon Batwings with the remote V1 ??

Old 12-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Very impressive Ken. The car looks stunning! You do have the sickness, you cannot deny it anymore.

Old 12-06-2003, 08:20 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Darren911
Eric are you really gonna put the gt2 nose on the TT cab ? Maybe make a cab version of Ken's ride ? gemballa wing anyone! Ohhhh my would be soooo amazing!
DJ
DJ,

The GT2 bumper will definately be my next (major) mod. I'd have to see the Gemballa wing on a cab since most of the large wings look much better on coupes. I spoke to Daniel at ByDesign and he says the reason the GT2 wing fits a cab is because it's adjustable and they tilted it down to clear the boot cover.

Eric

Old 12-06-2003, 08:21 AM
ProV1 is infamous around these parts
great stuff. btw r u selling old parts?

Old 12-06-2003, 08:22 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Ken,

Car looks GOOD!

Snow looks NO GOOD!

-RS

Old 12-06-2003, 01:10 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Endra,
Thanks for the compliments. If our plans for the spring of 2004 come true, we actually may be able to meet. Stay tuned.....

luting_chen,
The hood fit very well. I will not say perfectly though. There were three issues. The first is the warp effect that I have seen in many Gemballa photos. This was very simple to address. The leading edge of the hood has two bump stops that can be adjusted in or out to allow the hood to sit flat. THe second was the width at the base of the windshield. It was slightly too wide and had to be trimmed ever so slightly (really no big deal). It is really a function of how the fenders were originally hung. Depending on your car, it may fit perfectly or may require trimming. The third issue is the carbon weave. THis is not a steel panel. It will never be a steel panel. Is is made of fabric and resin in a press/mold. Accordingly, in certain light you could see the waviness. Grant took care of this with the application of Duratec, a boating product that is sort of like a second gel-coat. It worked wonders. The inserts for the hinges and hood latch were perfect and very well done.

Sloth,
The two items in the photo are an Alpine MRV-F450 5 channel amp and the Alpine NVE-N852A navigation unit.

ESK,
Me and this white sh_t are not getting along right now. It was the cause for the TOD cancellation and i ma still very pissed off. Sore subject. Thanks for the compliment.

Mansour,
The rear bumper was modified by removing the restrictive back-up IC outlet grills and the associated ribs on the bumper. THe bumper was then repainted. The mesh was installed from behind. If you take a look at the actual path the IC airflow must travel, you will see that the stock back-up grills do not benefit a smooth flow condition. The removal of these and the addition of the mesh allow the airflow to be much smoother. Regarding the brake component weights, I took them directly and accurately and feel very confident within the margin of error of my scale of course.

Johns,
Since you are in NJ, you should join one of our meets sometime.

StephenTi,
Yes, snow sucks.

Fred,
The hood is Gemballa. I wanted to get it from Heinz but when I pulled the trigger, he already sold the few he had. I would have had to wait a while. Couldn't do that with the TOD imminent, so FVD sourced it for a little more money.

Darren,
I am very glad to hear that I put you over the edge to get a TT. I would love to see the specs when you get it!!

Robert,
The steel bodyshell and a piece of plywood (behind the carpet) separate the amp from the fuel tank. I hadn't considered your thoughts until now. In addition to the built in fuse protection in the amp, that little device to the right o fthe amp is a resettable fast-action circuit breaker.

Rockitman,
Thanks!

Dave (MA 02 C4S),
THe V1 remote install was a custom job I performed. It required quite a bit of modification of the back of the console piece to allow for the V1 display and its connections. It seemed like the perfect place for it though. I figured that I will hear the beep and then glance to see where the "bogey" is located. That is generally how I currently use the V1 so this should function identically from a use perspective.

Duane,
I know, I know, I have it and I have it good!! The sickness that is!!! I can't help myself!! I shared the photos with my parents yesterday and Mom says, so, the car really needed that much work? My answer................"Well, maybe it didn't actually NEED it." Only we can understand.

ProV1,
I have the following items for sale:
Complete turbo brakeset (calipers, rotors, pads, lines).
Front bumper cover with lower lip and ductwork.
Factory sport seats with heat
Factory muffler
Factory exhaust manifolds
Factory hood
Factory rear decklid
Factory springs and shocks

Shank,
Thx!

Old 12-06-2003, 01:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya Ken can you list the parts it took to do the bumper install? All those ducts etc... I want to do it right also

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2003, 01:23 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Ken - I like the V1 install - that is always the place I had in mind of putting my remote unit (when I get it!!)...Let me know how it works out as someone advised me it might be to low and it is better to put it on the steering column like Jack FL and John D II have...

Old 12-06-2003, 01:24 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Ken - Also, I was not saying that either brake mass (weight is a force LOL) measurement was wrong...Its just that beastpoer's numbers say the GT is less than stock whereas yours don't...no big deal

Old 12-06-2003, 01:58 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
makes me want to start getting in to the mods mood again! absolutely beautiful and of all the tt's I've seen you take the number two position (behind mine , of course)! only kidding, good luck and get the car indoors before it melts...

Old 12-06-2003, 03:57 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Mansour,
The V1 remote install will either require modification to the car (KPV install) or not (Jack & John install). That is really the bottom line.

Old 12-06-2003, 05:22 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Ken the car looks awesome I think that the nose has to be the best improvement to the car...I also love the brake kit...Excellent work man..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Official Debut of the New & Improved KPV 996TT