996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The Official Debut of the New & Improved KPV 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Ken, I am speechless man! The car looks incredible!

Old 12-06-2003, 06:30 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Ken the car looks great, and were the other posts about the brakes deleted?

Old 12-06-2003, 08:22 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Ken - I, like sharky, wanted to know more on changing the center radiator to GT2 spec as I will be replacing my bumper soon so its an excellent time to do it.
Also, whay car modification did installing your V1 entail?? Detials please...I thought it was straight forward just put the remote in the lower switch panel

Old 12-07-2003, 09:06 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
David,
Sent you a PM.

Mansour,
Regarding the radiator, I told Alex to call. IT is too invlved to writ up. Alternatively, call Bryan at FVD. That is where I got all of the parts. He knows what is necessary and can give you prices and availability. THe trick is with the hoses. You can either do nothing and leave tham stock TT, go whole hog and replace all of the varying TT/GT2 hoses or modify the two leading hoses that feed the radiator. It becomes a matter of cost/time/desire. Any of these solutions will work.
Regarding the V1 remote, there is not enough space behind the trim panel for the remote and its connection. The console needed to be hollowed out to a degree to allow for the V1.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:39 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ken - sorry if i did not read the entire thread - did you do the change with the radiator and hoses like the gt2 or just leave it stock ?

Old 12-07-2003, 06:39 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
The radiator supports and hoses were changed to tilt it forward. It was a PITA but definitely worth it.

Old 12-07-2003, 07:04 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ken you will help me with this when I do it in a few months Ok - bud

Old 12-07-2003, 07:36 PM
KPV
Dar,
No problemo. I guess this means you were really serious about getting one. Hooooooraaaaah!

Old 12-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Sean is infamous around these parts
Ken.....i'm speechless....your car is simply stunning.....tastefully done!

Old 12-08-2003, 05:52 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Dawg, that is one jaw-dropping, salivation inducing spectacular ride!

Old 12-08-2003, 08:48 AM
KPV
Here are a few more pics:

Old 12-08-2003, 07:06 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Ken,
The car looks amazing!!!! By far one of the nicest TT's EVER!!!! I like every mod you did, and think they all improved the car past perfection!!!! That hood has to be my favorite part, makes the car look extremely agressive!!!!
Keep up the good work,
Evan
PS-Here is my comment...sorry bout that

Old 12-09-2003, 06:01 AM
KPV
Stop by? As long as you bring the new ride!!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:37 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Ken - do you know what pads you got with the GT system??
Also, I know its blizzard 03 and all and you have not driven the car yet but wehen you do let me know if you get any squealing problems....

Old 01-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Kabol is infamous around these parts
Hi kpv,

gt2 looks awesome on your car first of all!!!

just wanted to know what are the disadvantages of installing the bumper like this "There are several ways to do this mod. The first is purely aesthetic wherein you simply replace the bumper cover and leave all else alone.". If i do get this bumper i want to try to get away with installing it without spending as much money as possible.

also are all 996 fronts the same? i have a 2002 carerra so will this fit it?

thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Official Debut of the New & Improved KPV 996TT