996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Radar detector in the Center Rear view Miror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Radar detector in the Center Rear view Miror

Hi,

A while back ago, i saw a radar detector display integrated into the center rear view miror of a 996 car. I think it was valentine1. Did someone has more informations about it ?

Thanks

Old 02-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Someone please post information about this. Is it an easy install? How about a group buy??

Old 02-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Here is the web site were they can be bought from: http://www.aidesign.com/shop/index.p...products_id=23

I have read that they have caught on fire Does anyone have more information about this problem

Old 02-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Wow... that is pretty expensive...

Old 02-15-2006, 12:54 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Its a super easy install.
You actually put the detector inside the rear dech lid. When you pull of the decklid.......you cut the foam out and stick the V1 in there. Then you just run the wire to the center counsil. You tap in on the power wire...I forget the exact one, then just run the wire up behind the panel that your leg hits while you drive....then under the steerind wheel(still behind the panel)...make sure you zip tie it in there.... then up the inside of the pillar...across the headliner....then into the mirror housing. Should only take an hour....if you know how to take out the center counsil....the one where the e brake and shifter are.

It works real good. I had it in mine, also, I had the same set up in my M5, but the dtector was in the front of the headliner with No obstructions......the V1 in the Porsche worked the exact same. Exept, you lose the laser function.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi,

Isn't the rear deck lid pretty far away from the windshield ? Also, the two seats are probably blocking most of the radar beam...

Old 02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
TDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really nice
I Have That Mirrior Display, It Never Caught On Fire.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:54 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mz3bo
Hi,

Isn't the rear deck lid pretty far away from the windshield ? Also, the two seats are probably blocking most of the radar beam...

It works. You don't have to have an un-obstructed view for radar. It pretty much goes through everything. It worked 100% in my car.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:00 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
That's sweet I want one. Sounds more complicated with manual dim mirror.

Last edited by vincentdds; 02-15-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by phillym5
It works. You don't have to have an un-obstructed view for radar. It pretty much goes through everything. It worked 100% in my car.
just to be sure, you are saying that you put the detector right under the rear backglass ?

Old 02-15-2006, 08:35 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
can get intergrated fron and rear. beltronics for 759.00 with blocker 900.00 works great

Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
beltronics has a rear above lic fram mount . and two units behind grill really works well saved my........... bunches of times

Old 02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I have K40 360 surround protection, completely invisible with laser defuser, simply due to the discreet installation. Nothing visible in the car until it lights up.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by steve harris
can get intergrated fron and rear. beltronics for 759.00 with blocker 900.00 works great
Why does it sells for 499$ on belltronics site ?

Old 02-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mz3bo
just to be sure, you are saying that you put the detector right under the rear backglass ?
You take out the rear deck lid.....its the one that says "turbo" on it. Its the one you remove to get to the Computer......Then just cut out the foam. It sits right in there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Radar detector in the Center Rear view Miror