996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wheres a good hand wash place that has no tracks in CA (My rims were scratched)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
variable is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by girthboy
do you remember what they charge?
hm... i don't. Maybe $25-30?

Old 02-18-2006, 08:24 PM
girthboy is infamous around these parts
I just called the Sherman oaks galleria right in the underground parking structure where they valet your car. Its $14 to hand wash + vacuum the car. seems like a decent deal. $50 if you want to wax the car.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Gboy - Try Handy J, right off of Beverly Glen and Ventura. They get my vote for best wash for your money (on tracks). But, even if they hand wash your car, it's pretty reasonable. My car is too low, so they wash my car on the side. I believe it cost me $20, and FWIW, unlike the Fashion Square wash, you can grab coffee and food nearby while you're waiting.

-Bobby G

Old 04-29-2006, 05:45 PM
cool , are they careful with the interior especially? I took mine to a wash in Van Nuys and they broke the radio attachment when wiping the interior. They use Windex there too which I hear is not good for tinted windows.

Also, where's a reasonable place to have the car hand washed and waxed too? It took me 5 hours to do this yesterday when I did it myself. I don't think I'll be doing it myself again. Maybe I'm slow....lol.

Old 04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Unhappy

Pardon my ignorance but is this post about owners of TT's TAKING THEIR CAR TO A CAR WASH? I really hope I have misunderstood and girth how very dissappointing!!!! I would never in a million years take my car to a car wash or let ANYBODY put a hand or god knows what on my car!!!!!!
Can someone take this thread off so others dont see it and die of embarassment!!!
Please wash and detail your own car that is part of the bonding experience!! IMHO of course.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Tom, I cant clean it the way they do. I spent 4 hours washing and waxing my car and I STILL cant get it looking like they do. Bonding is nice. But I don't want to eventually despise the day it gets dirty and knowing I need to do this again.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
ok girth understood and agree. My back up plan for this (which I only use on my cayenne) is I have found a private detailer that really comes over weekly to my office. I have provided the materials to use and have heavily instructed him and watched him till I was sure he did it as I would. this has worked well for me and when someone like this can count on you regularly they usually dont charge too much and it turns into a win win.
for my cayenne including the 22inch wheels and brake calipers I pay $25 a week and $60 every 3 months for wax job. I get my cay cleaned regularly and he is assured of X amount of money every month.....just a thought....

Old 05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
dyu2118 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
ok girth understood and agree. My back up plan for this (which I only use on my cayenne) is I have found a private detailer that really comes over weekly to my office. I have provided the materials to use and have heavily instructed him and watched him till I was sure he did it as I would. this has worked well for me and when someone like this can count on you regularly they usually dont charge too much and it turns into a win win.
for my cayenne including the 22inch wheels and brake calipers I pay $25 a week and $60 every 3 months for wax job. I get my cay cleaned regularly and he is assured of X amount of money every month.....just a thought....
That's what I'm starting to do. Got a mobile detailer out to my house this weekend to do the exterior and interior. I might have the guy come to my house once a week to wash the car and maybe once every two months? to detail my car.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
dyu, seems like best and safest way to go. After a while and you get to know their work you really can trust the guy to do all your cars. there really is nothing like having someone else do the same or better job than you for a reasonible price while you are enjoying your free time.
another side bonus is the piece of mind that getting the car dirty doesnt cause as much trouble as would otherwise.....equals more car enjoyment time.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I have to agree with Tom on this one...no way I take it to the local suds shop. Had a mobile detailer come out last year and he was great, but still too inconvenient...also don't use the products I like. So this year I learned how to do it myself, purchased a Porter Cable and all the stuff and Zainoed away. It is such a rewarding experience to see what you can accomplish and I know everything on my car. So I spend 1.5 days every six months.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 PM
EXPLICIT is infamous around these parts
Do it yourself or get a respectable detailer...............wash shops are the ghetto of car cleanliness and an embarrassment to the porsche community....

Old 05-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
If you aren't concoursing the car, I'll add a +1 to the Topanga car wash. My 10.5" volks never get scratched and there is no lint on the soft top.

Bro

Old 05-02-2006, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the pics Bruinbro! My silver car's never had such gleam to it! You dont have deep dish wheels though to worry about. If someone knows of a decent priced & good detailer around Southern Cali, let me know. thanks!

Old 05-02-2006, 04:46 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about you guys over there! but we have a new car wash opened up in Edinburgh, all girls with nothing but skimpy bikini's on. It's causing a right stir at the moment and there are a load of complaints regarding this, if you pay an extra $15 they will whip the top of at end of wash, personally I wouldn't mind, I was gonna check it out until the wife offered a freebie! lol

BTW, not joking about this! it was in the local newspaper yesterday.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
I don't know about you guys over there! but we have a new car wash opened up in Edinburgh, all girls with nothing but skimpy bikini's on. It's causing a right stir at the moment and there are a load of complaints regarding this, if you pay an extra $15 they will whip the top of at end of wash, personally I wouldn't mind, I was gonna check it out until the wife offered a freebie! lol

BTW, not joking about this! it was in the local newspaper yesterday.
Post the address......... "for others of course"

-Eli

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheres a good hand wash place that has no tracks in CA (My rims were scratched)