996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wheres a good hand wash place that has no tracks in CA (My rims were scratched)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 03:04 PM
girthboy is infamous around these parts
Wheres a good hand wash place that has no tracks in CA (My rims were scratched)

I live in the san fernando valley in southern california . Anybody know of a good inexpensive spot that washes using no tracks?

Old 02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Melrose wash...it's 8 bucks...can't beat that, and all they wash are benz's porsches and lambos, etc

Old 02-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by girthboy
I live in the san fernando valley in southern california . Anybody know of a good inexpensive spot that washes using no tracks?
I go to the 76 on Topanga and Vanowen. They have a track, but will wash your car by hand on the side if you request - $20.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:46 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Your driveway!

Old 02-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by jamie
Your driveway!
hmm interesting.... I would have never thought of that.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:06 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Topanga Car Wash on you guessed it Topanga...1/2 mile north of the Mall on the West side of the street. I have had a 10.5" wide rim go through without a problem or you could pop the extra couple bucks for a hand wash.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.adamspolishes.com/

A whipe a day keeps the wash-day away.....

-Eli

Old 02-18-2006, 01:36 PM
variable is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaykla
Melrose wash...it's 8 bucks...can't beat that, and all they wash are benz's porsches and lambos, etc

What is the address of that place? Is it on Melrose?

Old 02-18-2006, 01:55 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by variable
What is the address of that place? Is it on Melrose?
It's just a couple blocks east of fairfax. Where all the "shopping" is

Old 02-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by jaykla
It's just a couple blocks east of fairfax. Where all the "shopping" is
Cool, thank you. I'll check it out.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:59 PM
are there any spots near van nuys , sherman oaks, studio city or encino that are reasonably priced???

I called fashion car wash on woodman and he said $60 for a hand wash.
I should have asked if that comes with a "hand" job too.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by girthboy
are there any spots near van nuys , sherman oaks, studio city or encino that are reasonably priced???

I called fashion car wash on woodman and he said $60 for a hand wash.
I should have asked if that comes with a "hand" job too.
i've taken my car a few times to a place on Ventura bl, just east of Dixie Canyon. Don't remember the name, but they did a good job. Several other high end cars there too on weekends.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:05 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Took mine to a hand wash in Upland and they scratched my HREs. Im taking my case to small claims. Now that the guy got served he is trying to deal. Im suing for the price of new wheels, but HRE said they will fix them for about $350 each. The guy is just a jerk. If he was cool about I might crack a deal with him.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WyattTT
Took mine to a hand wash in Upland and they scratched my HREs. Im taking my case to small claims. Now that the guy got served he is trying to deal. Im suing for the price of new wheels, but HRE said they will fix them for about $350 each. The guy is just a jerk. If he was cool about I might crack a deal with him.
How do you scratch them with a hand wash? Is this one of those deals where the car is on a track and people wash by hand if they go by?

The place I listed above actually parks your car on the side and hoses it down by hand.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by variable
i've taken my car a few times to a place on Ventura bl, just east of Dixie Canyon. Don't remember the name, but they did a good job. Several other high end cars there too on weekends.
do you remember what they charge?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheres a good hand wash place that has no tracks in CA (My rims were scratched)