996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 04:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Cooling/NOS

Originally posted by Red C5
DOMESTIXIZ4LIFE

Old 12-08-2003, 04:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ColorChange
Sharky, way cool. 2 things, do you have any data on the improvements, and second, it doesn’t sound like it is really feasible for track use because you would need one big tank, right?
Actually for 5 laps a half 10 bottle sufficed for Cort. Now granted these were short laps but to be honest with the 20 pound bottle (including the amount of silly purging we were all doing for fun) you really good go a good few laps around a large track.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by msindi
what do you mean by CF hood "number 3"??
Let's just say version one didn't work. Version 2 kinda sorted did and version 3 is a no go. We're settled on the 2nd one. It's just tough to make it fit correctly, with the right holes for the hinges etc.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Here's a better shot of the Porsche monkeybars (RedC5 got me a monkey but he's not swinging on it in this pic sadly).

On a serious note, as great as this one looks, I've heard that the DAS-Sport one is a slightly more serious one with stronger mounting points for the real racers out there.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:10 PM

A few of you wanted a pic of the new K18r wheels so here they are before they were annodized in big-brembo-black-brake-dust.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:52 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
DId you ever manage to get a hold of those part numbers for the brake ducts?? Im taking my bumper off soon to replace it and that would be the best time to do that and KPV's GT2 radiator upgrade...

Old 12-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Sure thing.. let me find those darn part number for you. Hey PM the part numbers for the GT2 front thing then. I need to do them too

Old 12-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Will do as soon as I get them - maybe we can do a group buy LOL

Old 12-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by msindi
Will do as soon as I get them - maybe we can do a group buy LOL
Just let Stephen know as he'll be ordering a set for me

Old 12-09-2003, 11:49 AM
LMAO

Old 12-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Still looking for the paperwork for those part numbers

Old 12-09-2003, 07:14 PM
Ah good idea. Now where did I stash that stuff

Old 12-14-2003, 12:03 AM
a little plastic surgery...

Heya guys,

Just got back from bob's place and we finished up one of the mods that didn't make it in time for the event. Not only does it look bling but it saved some weight...

As soon as it's light I'll take some pix. It's too dark now and the flash on my digi cam isn't working as the batteries are almost flat so I'll have to charge em anyways...

Old 12-14-2003, 02:04 PM
New lightweight BOOTY

Ok folks so this is how we looked during the shoot out, in back up mode:

It wasn't our first choice but we still liked it and it's going to a good home..

This is how we were supposed to look:

Now take a closer look... I smell some carbon fiber on a Porsche

Inside it's also CF, actually a large portion of the whole deck lid is. There's very little fibre glass. The whole thing weighs somewhere in the 20s and is significantly lighter than the stock decklid with motor etc.. that we took off. Not sure how much of a saving but it seemed signficant to Bob and I.

A side shot:

The wing blade is actually adjustable and you can see the hingest (only just) in this shot.

Anyways, with all the groovy Tech Art stuff out there, Kein, Stephen and I figured we'd try something a lil' different

So from San Jose, this is the ghettoshark bringing CF to the Porsche and making it more F&F than necessary but still a little less ghetto (except for the garage that is).

Next up is the nose job.... might be a while yet tho

Last edited by sharkster; 12-14-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Who makes that ALex?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown