996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 03:05 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Alex,

that is a great addition to your mods list

Old 12-14-2003, 03:28 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Duane
Who makes that ALex?
Looks like it's the GT2 wing with Carbon Fiber Blade from MASHAW. I could be wrong...but that's the only manufacturer that I know that offers the CF wing blade on an aftermarket wing?

The GT2 wing and nose is definitely in store for me!

ALEX...how was the install/fit?

Old 12-14-2003, 03:40 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Sharkey:

Way cool. How much?

Old 12-14-2003, 03:58 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ColorChange
[B How much? [/B]
www.mashaw.com

Old 12-14-2003, 04:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by EM 996 GTS
Alex,

that is a great addition to your mods list
Thanks Endra Maybe I'll be almost unghetto-like for your photos lol. The front is still not quite done yet

Old 12-14-2003, 04:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by BCS996TT
Looks like it's the GT2 wing with Carbon Fiber Blade from MASHAW. I could be wrong...but that's the only manufacturer that I know that offers the CF wing blade on an aftermarket wing?

The GT2 wing and nose is definitely in store for me!

ALEX...how was the install/fit?
You are indeed correct but this is one of the new ones that's actually adjustable.

Give Mike at MA Shaw a call and tell him the sharkmeister sent ya! He'll give you a deal that way lol

The fit was actually really good. We did have to finiggle a bit to make sure the wiring went through the deck lid (Bob and his technicolor dremel

Old 12-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Very Sassy!

Old 12-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Thanks Zippy Me likey.. I have to be honest it was a TOUGH decision to nuke the other wing.. I mean I think it looked pretty sweet but it is going to a good home

Old 12-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Alex - How would you compair the new machine to a "standard" IA STG4 GT/GTR. Those zero clearance turbos seem very interseting, but Kansas is a long way from Edmonton!

Mike

Old 12-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi Zippy, it's a litte hard for me to "personally" do that, so Stephen can fill you in on the differences etc... but what I do know is that the Zero Clearance technology really does work on my car and apparently on Duane's. The volume of air being pused is significantly more (heck I can feel that lol) than when they were "non ZCd". I can tell you that my spool is now much faster and I have even less lag than stock. The thing shoots off the line pretty darn hard

I believe Stephen dynod the sister car (a 6speed) and it has almost all of the mods I have and it did 570/579 to the wheels. Now throw in my headers that Kevin did and the NOS cooler system and I'm reckoning it's close to 600rwhp.

As far as Kansas being far.. if I had to do it over again, it wasn't actually that pricey to have the car sent out there. I would have sent it there and joined in with Kevin and Stephen on their location

I know I'm very much a user/fan of the stuff Kevin and Stephen have to offer but I think everyone at the shoot out can agree, that even handicapped by a Tip, these guys REALLY know what they are doing. Go for it man.. ALL black cars should get IA'd

Last edited by sharkster; 12-14-2003 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:07 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Sharky me likey
A set of GT2 carbon mirrors would go nicely with that
A techrt front II GTS With a carbon lip too

Old 12-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
The car looks great, albeit I do love the Roock wing as well.
You have completely transformed your car, both inside and out. Job well done!

Now...add the GT2 or Ruf nose and...you're done.

Sean's beautiful Ruf, GET THE RUF NOSE !

Old 12-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by msindi
Sharky me likey
A set of GT2 carbon mirrors would go nicely with that
A techrt front II GTS With a carbon lip too
LOL that's probably going a bit too far in the aid of weight savings Plus they probably cost an OBSCENE amount

Old 12-15-2003, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dan996tt
[B]The car looks great, albeit I do love the Roock wing as well.
You have completely transformed your car, both inside and out. Job well done!

Now...add the GT2 or Ruf nose and...you're done.

Sean's beautiful Ruf, GET THE RUF NOSE !
Thanks Dan, it's been fun doing it plus working with the guys turning it from ghetto status into IA-approved

Dan that car is just plain gorgeous! If I had known how hard/expensive it was going to be to do the nose, the way I'm doing it, I probably would have done the Ruf I've started down the other path, so I'll finish it and hope it turns out ok

PS How much is the Ruf if anyone knows?

Old 12-15-2003, 12:31 AM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster

PS How much is the Ruf if anyone knows?
Don't get mad...

$2550.00 complete with all the hardware and grills/ducts etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown