996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 12:34 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Man I feel like a wally now That's a good price for the front end with the bits.. dammit.

Curses, curses, curses!

Old 12-15-2003, 12:41 AM
Zeo
Zeo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dan996tt
Don't get mad...

$2550.00 complete with all the hardware and grills/ducts etc.
any contact number or know of any place which deals with ruf?

thanx in advance

Old 12-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Zeo
any contact number or know of any place which deals with ruf?

thanx in advance
Zeo,

This price was quoted by Asgar at Weissach (Ruf NA Distributor).
Weissach

Old 12-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Zeo
Zeo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dan996tt
Zeo,

This price was quoted by Asgar at Weissach (Ruf NA Distributor).
Weissach
whoa that was fast

thanx

Old 12-15-2003, 02:12 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Sharky - can you detail the GT2 nose install when you're done...In particular, I was interested in changing the center radiator to GT2 spec (I know the DIY is tough but if you can post part numbers and prices that would be da shizzle!!).
Also, I have a Q: Does the MA SHAW carbon GT2 wing have the OEM ducts in the wing 'legs' that go into the engine?

Old 12-15-2003, 02:39 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Hey Monkeytronic boy that car is looking killer! My bank account is having to refresh while you just keep spending the coin! Writing must be paying off for you!

I am enjoying driving my RED BEAST for a few more weeks and then it is bye bye and off to AZ for the winter. Now that really sucks my car gets to spend the winter in warm and sunny AZ while I freeze my butt off in Michigan! Go figure!

Congrats on everything Sharky you da man!

Old 12-15-2003, 02:55 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
Hey Monkeytronic boy that car is looking killer! My bank account is having to refresh while you just keep spending the coin! Writing must be paying off for you!

I am enjoying driving my RED BEAST for a few more weeks and then it is bye bye and off to AZ for the winter. Now that really sucks my car gets to spend the winter in warm and sunny AZ while I freeze my butt off in Michigan! Go figure!

Congrats on everything Sharky you da man!

LOL buddy thanks! Looks like both you and I didn't get our "party dresses" for the event;( I showed up with my ghetto-bumperettes in protest at everyone having Tech Art I hate those things so much. **** the other day at Bob's I started yanking on them and seriously considered ripping them out when we had the bumper off. I'd rather have big *** holes than warts.

My bank account? What account? The one that had money in it BEFORE I started overclocking cars? Oh that one...

That's so great to hear you're enjoying the Red Beast. Todd's got some really great stuff together that really makes the car so driveable, even though it's just crazy powerful. It has to be hard finding the balance... Watching Cort drive it was way cool. So much fricking power, it was nuts. I have no doubt that with better tires, a better launch you will be in the 10s no prob. I know Tyson's car got a 10 but with your trap speed you should be deep in there. Cort had a mixed bag of launches (**** I'm amazed that he did as well as he did), remember the 1/4mile really is all about the launch, and with Tyson's he just effing nailed it so much better than any of the others. Launching a high HP turbo AWD car is fricking hard...

PS Don't let the man keep you down! It was only 165.. I mean you were barely putting the car through 75% of its potential.

Old 12-15-2003, 03:01 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Hey bro,

My legal defense team is already in action and the plan is in place. By the time we are done with those local yocals they will be paying me!

Old 12-15-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by buddyg
Hey bro,

My legal defense team is already in action and the plan is in place. By the time we are done with those local yocals they will be paying me!

Man good luck with that. Musta been scary

You can show them your 10 second time slip too when you see 'em If I were a judge, I'd be impressed.

Old 12-15-2003, 03:46 AM
Sharky: why do you keep skipping my posts?? LOL
Show a brother some love man!!

Old 12-15-2003, 03:46 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
uh huh... of course it was only the launch that got me in the 10's. you guys are a tough crowd.

i only had 2 timed runs, the rest of you had 4. why i wonder did he launch mine so much better?

and i believe both runs were in the 10's... so it can't be a fluke right?

IMHO, Cort could have done even better with a bit more practice. If yall STILL have doubts about my car winning the acceleration contest outright (at less boost than most of you), what can I say to that?

Old 12-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Hamann7
uh huh... of course it was only the launch that got me in the 10's. you guys are a tough crowd.

i only had 2 timed runs, the rest of you had 4. why i wonder did he launch mine so much better?

and i believe both runs were in the 10's... so it can't be a fluke right?

IMHO, Cort could have done even better with a bit more practice. If people have doubts about my car winning the acceleration contest outright (at less boost than most of you), what can I say to that?
Easy there tiger.. I never said it was a fluke I just have a lot of drag racing experience and I could tell when he did and didn't nail it. The 1/4mile really is all about the launch. For real. And I watched all the cars go and he just absolutely nailed the launch on yours. Fred's 19s just plain sucked and it was the first car... He got better and better as the day went on

Like I told Todd and his wife- they did GREAT (btw thank them for me, they were very kind and gave some sweet props). Very, very fast car and indeed the top end showed that. Remember though, the top end doesn't mean a lot in the 1/4 mile. Not as much as the launch. Every 1/10th in the first 60 feet is worth like 3/10ths in the end. I think your car would really shine even more on the freeway (not that any of us go fast on the freeway) and needs more room than a 1/4mile to show it's top end.

As for me, I only had three One of which, my best of the day (I reckon a 10) the software botched and they didn't get a reading.

PS You only had two timed runs cos he probably killed that poor clutch. I cannot believe how high he revved and then dumped it on your car!

Everytime I go out there to the strip I see domestic cars launching with a 1.4/5 60 foot and only trap like 119 beating down Supras that trap 130s...

PS Just be glad that wasn't your Cab out there. Man watching that thing, with only 300miles on it, wheel hop for the first 60 feet was painful

Last edited by sharkster; 12-15-2003 at 04:01 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:53 AM
still no love - LOL

Old 12-15-2003, 03:54 AM
he got plenty o love hugs and kisses

Old 12-15-2003, 03:56 AM
I menat for me...check the postright before Tyson's....Wanted info on your wing and front

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown