996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 03:57 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by msindi
Sharky - can you detail the GT2 nose install when you're done...In particular, I was interested in changing the center radiator to GT2 spec (I know the DIY is tough but if you can post part numbers and prices that would be da shizzle!!).
Also, I have a Q: Does the MA SHAW carbon GT2 wing have the OEM ducts in the wing 'legs' that go into the engine?
Ah ****.. didn't see that.

Sure thing. Once it done (not sure when tho) I'll try to. The ducts are there btw. Both of em

Old 12-15-2003, 03:57 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by msindi
I menat for me...check the postright before Tyson's....Wanted info on your wing and front
Tyson should be spreadin' da love around. He got game. Plus he had the best suit at the event too. I was in my skivvies covered in brake cleaner, grime and other crap I looked hell-tramp-stylin.

Where da' luv' at for the monkeytronic Tyson?

Last edited by sharkster; 12-15-2003 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
I got lotsa love for the Monkeytronic. After all, like a bunch of ****ing orphans, BOTH of our beloved cars were placed at the BACK of the row when they were doing the photoshoot of all the cars. What's up with that??? They be discriminatin on the ghetto cars, at least for me, since your car ain't ghetto no more.

Hey what did you end up doing with your Roock wing anyways? I think I'm just going to do the Ruf stuff, with my own personal touches of course.

And dude, any time you want a rematch, let me know.

My point is that the car is fast all the way around, not just the top end. When the power curve figures come out, i think you will find that the power is pretty consistent, with a nice torque curve.

What proved this is that even with the old school H&R suspension, my car still did ok at the track event, even though it's not a high speed course.

Wilber and Todd@Protomotive did a great job at putting this car together. This issue is particularly sensitive for me, because a couple of years ago, when Wilber first mated the full Garrett dual ball bearing T04 turbos to the 996 (even Protomotive at the time was trying to convince him to stick with the KKK housing) most people on Rennlist thought he was a moron. He was the pioneer in this area, even before Chad. Well I guess he kinda proved the skeptics otherwise, didn't he?

Now everyone is talking about Garrett turbos.

So I wonder what will happen when Wilber and I design our second round of 'moronic' engineering...

Last edited by Hamann7; 12-15-2003 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:10 AM
I don't know who called Wilbur moronic? Wasn't me- seems like a very smart fella. I told Todd and his wife what a great job they did and was very friendly as they were with me

People are always going to be judgemental of others doing new stuff. Heck look at Kevin and his Zero Clearance. I wonder why people keep asking questions but they do. Meanwhile numbers and other satisfied customers enjoy the stuff.

I think it was my bumperettes Why they gotta hate on me for bumperettes...

PS A "rematch" Sure.. but this time drive your own car then and no more Cort lol.

Last edited by sharkster; 12-15-2003 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:16 AM
Porsche Fiend
Fine. As long as we get to do some twisty stuff and some freeway.

Hopefully, this time with no tickets.

You should also do ORR with me and Roland and Watt next year. If I can get my **** together with the cage and other stuff, perhaps you can see how quickly my car can get to 200 (with Roland driving) and stay near there for 90 miles.

Old 12-15-2003, 04:17 AM
I don't know what happened with the other Alex (Alex Lambo) his car wasn't present during the final shoot was it???

Old 12-15-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Hamann7
Fine. As long as we get to do some twisty stuff and some freeway.

Hopefully, this time with no tickets.

You should also do ORR with me and Roland and Watt next year. If I can get my **** together with the cage and other stuff, perhaps you can see how quickly my car can get to 200 (with Roland driving) and stay near there for 90 miles.
ROLF you said 1/4mile rematch! You know I live my life by the 1/4mile. Sad to say, I'm still learning the ways of the force when it comes to curves. I'm a long way from being a good driver I do a lot of canyon drives but I need some hard-time at the track...

That ORR stuff sounds insane. I'm chicken- no two ways about it.I wish I had the kishkies I've only ever taken her up to 184mph and that scared me. 90miles of 200mph must be something else. Roland is hardcore.

Last edited by sharkster; 12-15-2003 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:24 AM
Porsche Fiend
No, I think he bailed too early and was hanging out at the main parking lot while the pics were being taken.

I just saw his car this past Tuesday at Protomotive. He had it towed there after the Shootout. Anyway, the car would have looked good in the final roundup photos.

Old 12-15-2003, 04:26 AM
Stop keyboard racing faster than me dammit. I can't reply to one post and then have you start another before I reply lol.

Yes, Alex did head out. I saw Todd on the way out with his wife driving his car. I figured he needed to get some tuning done to make it work right. I'm not sure the NOS thing really panned out for him.

Old 12-15-2003, 04:27 AM
Porsche Fiend
Well, as I said before... I am not convinced that NOS belongs on a 911.

Maybe one day if Honda or Toyota or Nissan merges with Porsche!

Then again, if drag racing was my thing, I think I would have started out with an R34 Skyline. I can't stand the way Supras look...

Last edited by Hamann7; 12-15-2003 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:32 AM
I think Todd said something along those lines as well. I'd like to know what the results are when Chad uses it. To my knowledge only he and Alex have it? Obviously there were some issues with the way it was set up and not working right on Alex' car.

PS I know a lot of people think that Tip doesn't belong in a Porsche either

Old 12-15-2003, 04:34 AM
Well, as I said before... I am not convinced that NOS belongs on a 911.

Maybe one day if Honda or Toyota or Nissan merges with Porsche!

Then again, if drag racing was my thing, I think I would have started out with an R34 Skyline. I can't stand the way Supras look...
Being from Englad, I'm in touch with the Skyline. Too bad it's not available here. I would love one as my daily driver. Heck they're 35k or so in the UK. Here it'd cost over 100k to have one. Eff that.

They do make really great track cars. More to them than just drag/dyno queens

Old 12-15-2003, 04:36 AM
Porsche Fiend
Nah... Tips do belong in Porsches. But only for cabs, since those are for chicks!

Just bustin your ***** man. You're just too lazy to shift in San Jose traffic, aren't you?

Old 12-15-2003, 04:38 AM
Porsche Fiend
Yes, they are good track cars, but I still believe 911s are better.

The only thing is that Skylines have a much cooler AWD system. It acts as a rear wheel drive by default, only switching to AWD when you're really losing traction. In other words, it let's you drift around a corner... then exit with all 4 wheels using the viscous AWD traction. Now that is some cool ****.

That would be like entering a corner like a GT2 and exiting like a Turbo. How cool would that be?

Or how about just giving us the 959's PSK 4-wheel drive system again. Or even the 964 C4's, which was also electronic (but less reliable) and derived from the 959?

Old 12-15-2003, 04:49 AM
Nah... Tips do belong in Porsches. But only for cabs, since those are for chicks!

Just bustin your ***** man. You're just too lazy to shift in San Jose traffic, aren't you?
Haha my car is a chick car. Heck I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. I keep telling women that...

I "DO" shift in traffic.. I just use my thumbs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown