996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 04:51 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7

The only thing is that Skylines have a much cooler AWD system. It acts as a rear wheel drive by default, only switching to AWD when you're really losing traction. In other words, it let's you drift around a corner... then exit with all 4 wheels using the viscous AWD traction. Now that is some cool ****.

That would be like entering a corner like a GT2 and exiting like a Turbo. How cool would that be?
That's exactly what makes me so into them.. I mean why can't we have some of that! I would love to go in as a Gt2 and out like a TT. Of course with my skillz, I'd go in like a TT and come out like a GT2 *** backwards...

Old 12-15-2003, 04:59 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
hahaha, too funny... but monkeytronic will save the day! As will the ability to downshift without upsetting the balance of the car.

ok, i guess i'd better get to bed now.

Old 12-15-2003, 06:28 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Holy crap guys take a breath! Hamman I only had one launch in the quarter mile and it wasn't the best. Your car was the bomb in the quarter mile and you know I have been giving you props!

But just wait until we meet again! No doubt my quarter mile will be deep into the 10's! And I do like the twisty stuff remember me taking you around the track???

Love ya man!

Old 12-15-2003, 06:41 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Hamann, Sharky, Buddy and crew....

Just curious...how many miles do you have on the clock? And how many do you have with all the mods?

Old 12-15-2003, 06:43 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
22,000 from new and 2600 plus with the mods!

Old 12-15-2003, 11:04 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by buddyg
No doubt my quarter mile will be deep into the 10's! And I do like the twisty stuff remember me taking you around the track???

Love ya man!

Heya Buddy. For sure as I said with a good launch you would be in the 10s. Deep.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BCS996TT
Hamann, Sharky, Buddy and crew....

Just curious...how many miles do you have on the clock? And how many do you have with all the mods?
About 24k and counting...

Old 12-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by buddyg
Holy crap guys take a breath! Hamman I only had one launch in the quarter mile and it wasn't the best. Your car was the bomb in the quarter mile and you know I have been giving you props!

But just wait until we meet again! No doubt my quarter mile will be deep into the 10's! And I do like the twisty stuff remember me taking you around the track???

Love ya man!

Yup, no doubt.

The ride around the track was fun. I'm glad you have mastered the technique of putting the 996 Turbo in a 4-wheel drift. That was pretty cool.

I wish I had an opportunity to take you canyon slamming in our local mountains. You would have liked that too...

Can't wait to meet again... My car might be set up a bit differently too.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
Skylines

I'm a few posts late, but someone mentioned Skylines, so here's a couple of pictures of my old Skylines.

My R34 GTR, with a lot of mods......

Compare to my 993 RS 3.8

My mechanic with the intercooler.

Oh and the engine, a billlet 2.8ltr conversion, with a single Greddy T88, that made 600bhp @ four wheels at 1.0bar and ran a max of 1.8bar.

It was quick enough as my street car!

Guy

Old 12-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Guy can I be you for just one day? Please. That thing is bad ****.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
My other Skyline

It was a 'drag' R32, which ran two GT 3037S turbos and made 1015bhp at the wheels at 2.3bar.

They have both been sold though, I got bored of the turbo lag on the R34 and the low reliability when running engine at 300bhp+ per litre. The drag R32 was sold to the garage that looked after it since running a car like this is such a major grind and expense and it gets through engines real quick (imagine how stressed a 2.6 liter engine is running 1000+ bhp).

To end it on a porsche note, here's a photo of my GT2 with my best mates GT2 (both in my garage).

Guy

Old 12-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Hijacking bastards..

I got a couple of PM's about the throttle body, which I have to say isn't yet completed so I'll have to let Kevin fill you in on the project. When it's done it'll work for any 996TT.

I know that he was originally going to mate a 996NA TB to the current set up with a back plate adapter but you'll have to ask him because I think he is going to do something different now.

Oh and more more gratuitous wing shot:

Old 12-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Guy
Mmmm

Here's mine doing the same pose.......

Porsche - when you've got black you'll never go back......

Old 12-15-2003, 03:18 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Re: Mmmm

Originally posted by Guy
Porsche - when you've got black you'll never go back......
I've gotta agree with you on this one! I thought black would be just too much maintenance...however, washing the car is not a chore, but a good way for me to unwind and relax.

There isnt anything more prettier than a freshly washed (swirl free) Black Car!

Old 12-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Re: Re: Mmmm

Originally posted by BCS996TT
I've gotta agree with you on this one! I thought black would be just too much maintenance...however, washing the car is not a chore, but a good way for me to unwind and relax.

There isnt anything more prettier than a freshly washed (swirl free) Black Car!
I saw a silver TT with an aerokit today and thought man that thing looks sexy.. But for me black is just mean. It's hard to clean but it's the same to drive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto Sharktronic Powered By Zero Clearance Lowdown