996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need CD/GPS help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 08:18 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Need CD/GPS help

Gang,
I could use your help...Here is what I am looking for...An in dash CD player with internal power, GPS and a screen. That's it. If it does DVDs wonderful, otherwise I am simply trying to replace the PCM in my car now and don't want to mess with amps etc. I keep looking, but all I see are units that are able to do GPS but don't have it. So what do you guys recommend..

Old 12-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Call reus, they should be able to hook you up. Their products look very OEM. Here is a pic of one of their GPS units.

Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2003, 08:27 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I use the Alpine CVA product. Very happy!

Old 12-07-2003, 09:09 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Stephen,
You should get the Alpine IVA-C800 in dash and the Alpine NVE-N852A DVD based Nav. The IVA is self powered with a motorized screen and a simple multi-pin plug for the DVD/NAV. The NVE is the Nav unit which uses DVD's instead of CD's for the maps. CD based units are old hat since they only can store 1 state per CD. The DVD based unit stores all of the US on one DVD. In any case, the IVA goes in the dash and the NVE goes either in the trunk or under your seat and you are done. In order to play DVD movies you will also need the DVA-5205 which is a separate DIN sized unit.
Here is a pic of the NVE-N852A:

Old 12-07-2003, 09:11 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Well I don't care so much about the DVD....My concern is space and the one unit. I need to move the heater controls up with the radio, yet travel enough I need the NAV. What is the ballpark for those two units...

Old 12-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Banned
I think the Reus GPS was 2500 if you got a full sound system from them, you better check it out to be sure.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey Ken, I see several 800s out there without the brains...Is that something that has to be used with the unit?

Old 12-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Banned
Yeah, those guys that just have the 800 unit are only using it for DVD's and its cool factor. You need NVE-N852A if you want nav.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.