996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Intake (Long Term Update)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:10 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
I guess I have the newer version with the oil-less filter. Installed for about a month and no problems. Car runs great and no CEL lights.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kaizu
That's true. Soon I will install the oil-less filter version. Have to hope everything goes fine and I want to believe so too
The car will see much track driving and various high speed trips through the Europe (mainly to the Nürburgring.) Would hate to have some engine lights on, because at least in Germany according to statistics the 996 is really one of the most reliable cars. Not to mention having only one Porsche official dealer in my country (who seem to be against installing that kind of intake) if I have to deal with codes and MAF issues.

About power gains, I haven't seen any independent dyno sheets (only lots of positive comments from the customers, that's why I bought one...)
ImagineAuto dynoed 14.9rwhp gain on a stock car.
EVO MS itself has some dyno sheets which show a 10rwhp gain with a stage2 car and with the GT750 kit the power gain was pretty huge, something like 75rwhp.
You guys might want to ask Rick Gilhart about his thoughts on the V-Flow. He is one of our race partners as well as a 6speed member, and he ran his Stage 4 car with our V-Flow at Sebring this year. Last year he did not utilize the V-Flow. I believe he may have already posted his impressions of the difference, but if not, he would be a good guy to ask.

One thing to note regarding the V-Flow is that just like all of our other products, the V-Flow comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you get it and it doesn't make power, we will refund your money. Here is the aside, to this day we have yet to see a car not achieve a power gain within our quoted range. We have close to 1000 of these systems on the road (996 / 997 / 996TT combined), and we have yet to have to return one because it didn't make power on a dyno run that was setup correctly.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kaizu
EVO MS itself has some dyno sheets which show a 10rwhp gain with a stage2 car and with the GT750 kit the power gain was pretty huge, something like 75rwhp.
IM not trying to beat up anyone nor pick on the evoms/ v flow.... but where did u see a 75 rwhp gain just form a air box on a gt750. if so .. thats the cheapest 75 rwhp u can buy so far.... there is absolutely no way an air box can give u 75 rwhp on a gt750...
am I missing something? I dont have a gt750 nor the air box.... so I may be wrong...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I'm happy with mine!!!

Craig

Old 03-03-2006, 08:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
I'm happy with mine!!!

Craig
Hey man.. just got your message.. I'm beat today lol I'll give you a buzz tomorrow then. I'll be in late tho

Old 03-03-2006, 09:53 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Hey Craig,

I noticed you have this: Gemballa sport air intake system and air inlet distributor ,

along with the vflow. How does that work?

Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Hey Craig,

I noticed you have this: Gemballa sport air intake system and air inlet distributor ,

along with the vflow. How does that work?
The Gemballa sport intake system connects the EVOMS V-Flow air box to the turbos.

Craig

Old 03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I had the fvd intake plenum.... just like Craigs' ... and it was the best money spent on my car..... I suggest anyone with 600+hp to put it on....
that OEM part is like one trying to blowing thru a straw.... imagine how the the car feels.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
IM not trying to beat up anyone nor pick on the evoms/ v flow.... but where did u see a 75 rwhp gain just form a air box on a gt750. if so .. thats the cheapest 75 rwhp u can buy so far.... there is absolutely no way an air box can give u 75 rwhp on a gt750...
am I missing something? I dont have a gt750 nor the air box.... so I may be wrong...
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=196169

Old 03-04-2006, 10:00 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Very happy with mine. Never an issue. Will be for sale in two months.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:39 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Also very happy - no problems since April '05 - approx. 15,000 miles. Car runs better and stronger with it....

Old 03-04-2006, 12:24 PM
jro
jro is infamous around these parts
Craig,

That power kit looks hot! Does it require an engine drop to install? Can you give me an idea of the price?

I also have the EVO intake and have had on issues.

Last edited by jro; 03-04-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by jro
Craig,

That power kit looks hot! Does it require an engine drop to install? Can you give me an idea of the price?
Yes, it requires an engine drop. I forgot what Gemballa charges for it. I negotiated directly with Gemballa in Germany, then Heinz (Gemballa NA) matched the price (which was considerably less than what he was asking for it).

Craig

Old 03-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Gilhart Racing is infamous around these parts
Ritchieswimwear,

I'm very skeptical of any product that can improve on what Porsche built from the factory, however the V-Flow airbox seems to be one of those items, like GIAC tuning, that just bolts on and makes an improvement.

I've not tested the car back to back with and w/o the airbox, but on the race track @ Sebring last month the throttle response felt better and I didn't have any cel's.

So at least we know it's been dynoed by Todd, Stephen and I'm sure a few other guys, and it's been at WOT around Sebring for 2 practices, Qualifying, and a 30 minute sprint race w/o any issues.

Hope this helps,
Rick

Old 03-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
So the consensus is that the dry filter does NOT cause MAF issues?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Intake (Long Term Update)?