996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Intake (Long Term Update)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:50 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Evo Intake (Long Term Update)?

Anyone want to chime in on how they like it (Evo Intake), now that they have had it a while . I have been think of getting one and would like some feedback of people that own one. Are your postives based on driving with it or just that you know it is enginered better than stock airbox, thanks in advance

Old 03-03-2006, 01:07 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Living in thin air...I have had no problems with it. Can't really say what it does alone as I did several mods at the same time, but it seems to work just fine.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:11 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
I have had mine for almost 7 months with no issues. I do have the pre-non oiled filter also, and have cleaned my MAF maybe 3 times since the install. I do not feel anything different after a cleaning, so I assume it is fine and not collecting any oil on the MAF.
As in like it...I love it! It does feel to have some more power (I feel like it boosts quicker and .1 bar higher for me), and better throttle response. You can also hear the DV's inside the car blow off a little. Can get a little annoying when you keep hearing "pffffft" when you are driving normally like on a highway. My car boosts quick and tends to hold .1-.2 boost while I am just cruising on the highway at 70mph...or higher.
Only thing to keep in mind is when you wash your car. I always cover the inlet with a plastic bag to prevent water accumulating on the bottom of the box. I heard there was a drain hole...but mine does not seem to have one (I have taken mine out a few times). Just remember to take the bag off afterwards, car will just stall out...trust me I have done it.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Thanks M3CAB

Old 03-03-2006, 01:13 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
No problem.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
No problems at all...

Old 03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Had mine since, September of 04 and still love the sound Put on at least 2-3 per week and so far everyone loves em here.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Anyone have any independent, before and after, dyno results? Been thinking about it myself, but I know of 600+HP cars that don't use it.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
john revis is infamous around these parts
Hey, Alex, how about commenting on the drain hole. Mine didn't have one, either. (note that I said "didn't")

Old 03-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
but I know of 600+HP cars that don't use it.
I think the oiled filter and MAF problems just scare people away. I've been on the fence with this on for awhile. When the dry filter version just came out, the were still people with MAF issues. More than power, I'd like to see if that has been solved.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:27 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by john revis
Hey, Alex, how about commenting on the drain hole. Mine didn't have one, either. (note that I said "didn't")
Hi John,

Really?! They have one (you have to know where to look) in the "leveee"/ridge below the filter.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey Alex, I did check mine also, and never saw a drain. Is it under where the filter kinda attaches to the bell housing thingy?

Old 03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Here you go guys... you can't actually "see" it when it's installed. It's under the filter towards the back so you only see it when you don't have one. It's also small but there ya' have it... Please do let me know if any of you don't have it because all the ones I've seen do!

Attached Images    
Old 03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks Alex, I will check it out again.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Shark01
When the dry filter version just came out, the were still people with MAF issues. More than power, I'd like to see if that has been solved.
That's true. Soon I will install the oil-less filter version. Have to hope everything goes fine and I want to believe so too
The car will see much track driving and various high speed trips through the Europe (mainly to the Nürburgring.) Would hate to have some engine lights on, because at least in Germany according to statistics the 996 is really one of the most reliable cars. Not to mention having only one Porsche official dealer in my country (who seem to be against installing that kind of intake) if I have to deal with codes and MAF issues.

About power gains, I haven't seen any independent dyno sheets (only lots of positive comments from the customers, that's why I bought one...)
ImagineAuto dynoed 14.9rwhp gain on a stock car.
EVO MS itself has some dyno sheets which show a 10rwhp gain with a stage2 car and with the GT750 kit the power gain was pretty huge, something like 75rwhp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Intake (Long Term Update)?