996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BEAST of the EAST Dyno Day at AWE, December 22

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 09:54 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
BEAST of the EAST..........Dyno Day December 22

BEAST of the EAST.......Dyno Day, December 22
I received a PM from Maxiter and he coined the phrase. I liked it so much that I thought I would post it and up the ante a bit!

As you may know, we have a little dyno-day scheduled for Monday, December 22 at AWE Tuning. So far we have about four or five cars coming and maybe a surprise visit by a very impressive non-Porsche automobile (weather permitting).

Using Maxiter's phrase, I thought it would be cool to call this little event the "BEAST of the EAST"

Come one, come all to compete for the title of Beast of the East!!! It should be interesting. All are invited!!

We have an appointment for a Mustang 4 wheel dyno test at AWE Tuning on Monday, December 22. AWE is located near Willow Grove, PA. If anyone is interested in joining us for a run themselves. The cost is $120.00 for 3 pulls. $95 if 5 or more cars attend.

Here is a pic from last spring at their facility:

Last edited by KPV; 12-15-2003 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:07 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Ken - as you know I am faaaaar away otherwise Id love to come and see where my car is really at right now....
Can you do me a favor when you see Mike: Can you ask him about the tech details on the differences between our Euro PSS-9 and the newer US version?? I spoke to him last week but he did not have any new info...Also, being a mechanical engineer youd know the impact of the differences better.
Thanx in advance (P.S. If you end up getting H&R sways please find out when the new batch is hsipping out)

Old 12-09-2003, 11:17 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
This should prove very interesting. On the one hand we have Sean's Ruf R Turbo that has a (very conservatively) claimed 550hp and on the other hand, we have the KPV IA600TT with its claimed 600hp.
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out!!!

Old 12-09-2003, 11:25 AM
U da man Mike!!
Do you now if I can buy the rubber part for the spring tops?? If its possible please e-mail me with price and I will give you my credit card info (which you should have on file)

Old 12-09-2003, 11:45 AM
maxiter is infamous around these parts
I'd consider spectating, but that'd prolly be about it. I'm not an HP hornball and don't anticipate tuning, so no real need for a dynosheet.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:53 AM
I was just wondering the same thing - especailly since that was an informative and not a self-promotional postin any way....the politics of it all!!

Old 12-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by msindi
I was just wondering the same thing - especailly since that was an informative and not a self-promotional postin any way....the politics of it all!!
No biggie M. We are now all on the same page.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
KPV-

We may try and make it down if our car gets back from Califonia in time. We would love to see what the #'s on the car would be with it making full boost. Our car was only making.9 Bar in california due to some crappy fuel. Who should I contact to confirm

Old 12-09-2003, 12:40 PM
KPV
HZ,
Call Mike at AWE at 888.565.2257

Old 12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Ken I am interested.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:13 PM
KPV
Tony,
I am really glad to hear you are interested!
Call Mike and set it up for yourself and we can figure out a place to meet to drive there together.

Old 12-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Mike - call me when you get a chance...left you a message not sure if you got it

Old 12-11-2003, 02:40 PM
KPV
We already have 3 guys signed up for this!!!
Me (600hp)
Sean (550hp)
TonyNJ (600hp)

We need some additional competition!!! Come on out guys!!!

Old 12-11-2003, 02:56 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by KPV
We already have 3 guys signed up for this!!!
Me (600hp)
Sean (550hp)
TonyNJ (600hp)

We need some additional competition!!! Come on out guys!!!
GT3 weather permitting, I will be down...Not sure if I will do a dyno run, but it will be fun meeting you guys and talking Porsche!!!

Old 12-11-2003, 03:28 PM
KPV
If we can get a total of 5 cars (that means 2 more people) all of our prices drop to $95 a piece!!!

Come on you guys, $95 bucks for 3 pulls on a dyno!!! How can you pass that up???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEAST of the EAST Dyno Day at AWE, December 22