996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SAVAGEGEESE Review of the 996 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 08:42 AM
Keo
Keo is infamous around these parts
SAVAGEGEESE Review of the 996 Turbo!

Savage Geese Review

Old 05-15-2020, 09:31 AM
mezger man is infamous around these parts
Enough about the interior, i happen to like it. It's a twenty year old design that is still relevant today.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:03 PM
Stebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like a fair assessment

Old 05-15-2020, 09:48 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Agree, fair assessment

Old 05-16-2020, 01:20 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
That has been my view, it's a good drivers car. Probably the best entry level exotic next to an NSX.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:44 AM
mezger man is infamous around these parts
If the driver is so worried about blowing up the engine and not being able to afford to fix it, why buy the car in the first place? Do routine maintenance and you should alleviate that problem by catching anything before it gets critical.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:23 AM
Stebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mezger man
If the driver is so worried about blowing up the engine and not being able to afford to fix it, why buy the car in the first place? Do routine maintenance and you should alleviate that problem by catching anything before it gets critical.
His prerogative. We all have different budgets.

I admit it was one of my fears before buying the car... 5 years later I'm not nearly as worried as I was going into it (as a 30 year old)... but that change has come with experience with the car. He doesnt have that same experience.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:55 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Yeah, I think these guys are idiots... At one point the guys says the car is "dated" and feels like a "90s car", a minute later he's saying it's "timeless" - c'mon man - choose. The test car looks like a great example, I can't imagine it feels scary at 80 mph - mine certainly doesn't get me a little sweaty until 150+. They trash-talk the interior saying it has a lot of plastic - really? They said there is not as much "feel" as a modern car - are you kidding me? Mine feels like a go-cart all the time - I haven't driven another car that feels like that - new or old. Seats? OK, maybe that one was right.

Old 05-16-2020, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Slider
Yeah, I think these guys are idiots... At one point the guys says the car is "dated" and feels like a "90s car", a minute later he's saying it's "timeless" - c'mon man - choose. The test car looks like a great example, I can't imagine it feels scary at 80 mph - mine certainly doesn't get me a little sweaty until 150+. They trash-talk the interior saying it has a lot of plastic - really? They said there is not as much "feel" as a modern car - are you kidding me? Mine feels like a go-cart all the time - I haven't driven another car that feels like that - new or old. Seats? OK, maybe that one was right.
You make some good points, too. These guys dont really drive fast cars, they do stuff like s2000s, FRSs, and miatas. Lol. Different world as you well know.... regarding the interior, it's clear these guys arent familiar with the different options bc my car has OEM mostly leather and carbon fiber - not palstic.

Old 05-16-2020, 12:40 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
They should try driving a fast one lmao try 750 whp+

Old 05-16-2020, 01:32 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
The seats are pretty bad and the interior does rattle just a bit. A pair of GT3 seats would go a long way, something I've been tempted to buy.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:52 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
The interior is nice but def cheap and lots of hard plastics covered in leather. The plastic interior bits suck. Having taken apart many interiors, it is pretty cheap for a 6 figure car.