996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The best wax?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I use Griots Best In Show and like it very much, also use some commercial grade wax from time to time.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:44 PM
Flypuck is infamous around these parts
I also use Griots Best of Show wax. It goes on and wipes off easy with a deep shine.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:51 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
I use- "drive the car down the block and have Andy at Diamond do it wax" - by far the best around!

Old 12-09-2003, 05:54 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by drbill
I use- "drive the car down the block and have Andy at Diamond do it wax" - by far the best around!

I wish his shop was near me!!!!
Andrew....The car is very dirty...covered in bugs...I can't stand looking at it with the dirt, and cracked lip....I haven't had the heart to clean it up...I know if I get in I will miss driving it even more
Evan

Old 12-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Autobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to beholdAutobahn is a splendid one to behold
Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
I used Zymol for 15 years. A while back I heard good things about One Grand Blitz Wax in terms of ease of application and durability (I was getting tired of the difficult removal and poor durability of Zymol). I've used it on 2 cars, and like it a lot. Goes on and comes off very easily--apply it to the entire car, then buff off. And it lasts really long. Not quite as deep a shine as Zymol (and doesn't smell like a day at the beach!), but it's the best wax I've used. And about 1/3 the price. Great for a daily driver.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:46 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Zaino hands down (if you are willing to do the steps to the full effect)

don't believe me, trust these guys

www.gurureports.com

The wax test is a must read for anyone who cares for their car!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:47 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Poursha
I used Zymol for 15 years. A while back I heard good things about One Grand Blitz Wax in terms of ease of application and durability (I was getting tired of the difficult removal and poor durability of Zymol). I've used it on 2 cars, and like it a lot. Goes on and comes off very easily--apply it to the entire car, then buff off. And it lasts really long. Not quite as deep a shine as Zymol (and doesn't smell like a day at the beach!), but it's the best wax I've used. And about 1/3 the price. Great for a daily driver.
I like One Grand Blitz Wax too, great stuff.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:04 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Zaino Brothers are the best by far. Looks really great after you use the clay bar and three coats of Zaino's. I swear by it too! Used all the others on my other cars and I've found that this is the best for shine, depth and duribilitie.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:17 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Zymol is my favor!

Old 12-09-2003, 07:23 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by greyghost
Who carries Zaino?
Grey Ghost...Being that you live in the sunbelt, you want to protect the paint against UVA and UVB damage...Wax does not...Check out the Zaino site, it explains it all...
Since it's polymer based, it lasts for month's and does not melt like carnuba...Get the show car kit, it has everything you will need to make that seal grey glow. The claybar treatment prior to polish is a must. Even if the car is brand new, you would be amazed how much smoother the paint feels after clay barring.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Old 12-09-2003, 07:34 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
Zymol...^____^
I bought the Zymol Vintage...
This thing is amazing...

Old 12-09-2003, 07:35 PM
PorschePlayboy is infamous around these parts
P21s on the Porsche and One Grand Blitz Wax on the daily.

Old 12-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
I have used Zaino on my BMW's and liked the result but NOT the durability. After the first wash the swirls begin to poke back thru (on a dark car of course).

I have used Girots Garage (sp) to better long term solutions on my dark BMW's (german paint as mentioned above). Yet with the very dry climate of Denver I have to use a misting bottle to remove the dried wax.

All in All they are both great products. THe Zaino takes forever if you follow the steps correctly.

My .02

Old 12-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Andrew708
Originally posted by AMG ETR

I wish his shop was near me!!!!
Andrew....The car is very dirty...covered in bugs...I can't stand looking at it with the dirt, and cracked lip....I haven't had the heart to clean it up...I know if I get in I will miss driving it even more
Evan
Don't worry evan..when i get down we will jazz up the car again...Bill looking foward to seeing you soon....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The best wax?