996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

They Lost My Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 07:12 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ESK
I've got to agree with Ben on this one. I've used Exotic Car Transport for years because their service is exceptional and reliable. Plus, they go over the car with a fine-tooth-comb so that if there is a problem, there's no finger pointing. More times then not, they find things wrong with the car that I didn't even know about.
Ditto!!

Old 12-09-2003, 07:58 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Michele, sorry to hear about these delivery problems...Only a suggestion, but I would be very concerned about the cargo insurance that was carried on the car during shipping to protect it against damage and theft. I hope you did not get it through the broker or the trucker in this case...If you don't have a valid certificate of insurance indicating the insured amount, the perils covered, deductible and insurance company name with POLICY number, you may not be able to recoup the $$$ you paid for the car if it is not recovered. I would immediately contact the insurance company that carries the cargo insurance and verify that there is coverage...

Not trying to scare you but, insurance coverage is of paramount importance at this point. The certificate should have you named as loss payee...You do have a certificate, don't you????

Best of luck...

Chris

Old 12-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear this! I had a 6 week delay and I know exactly how you feel... hang in there nd get pissed.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:18 AM
_JW_ is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that.

What city in Tennessee?

Old 12-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
We use intercity lines for all transport needs - they are great also!

Sorry to hear the bad news

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 12-10-2003, 12:34 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Babe:

Please listen to Rockitman. He is dead on! CYA with insurance.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is infamous around these parts
Day 15

Well today I finally got a call back. Not from the broker or the transport company. The third party the contracted driver... Said he that the car has been in TN for 4 days and he is loading my car onto a 9 car open transport. The car will be arriving Sat. or Sun. So I didn't report the car stolen, now that I know where it is.
Problem 1. Open transport ? Paid for enclosed.
Problem 2 unloading & reloading contract said ONE carrier to limit liability.
Problem 3. I'm leaving for FL till Mon. (Plans were made 6 months ago with friends)
So I told him don't rush now because I can't accept it till Monday afternoon.

All of this could have been avoided with a phone of them telling me what was going on... instead of promising to call me back, avoiding my calls and hanging up on me. I still don't know what the delay was and why no one could tell me the location of the car. The only reason I believe that they had the drive call was because of a message that was left on the voice mail...

One more thing: The guy that sent over the contract and arranged the move doesn't work there anymore....
I know some of you mentioned your experiences, please advise.
I think they broke their contract with me. (I should have been a lawyer) How do I protect myself?????

Thank you for all your help
Michele

Last edited by Porsche Babe; 12-11-2003 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:24 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
do u believe him? because i don't

Old 12-10-2003, 10:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Those dumb knuckleheads. If they were in my neck of the ghetto, I'd send Heavy D and the boys 'round to knock some sense in to 'em.

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Michele

As I said in the other thread, this plain sux.

Everytime they move the car there are tons of risks. And your poor baby has been on and off uncovered trucks.

One thing I would do is get the load sheet from the guy you bought the car from. He should have been given a sheet with the location of any damage etc. I would match that up with what you see when you get the car. My load sheet matched the one the driver had so I was happy.

Keep us posted. And who knows you will probably post pictures before Eric (just kiddin)

Old 12-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is infamous around these parts
The seller sent me a copy of the load sheet and it stated "NO SCATCHES OR DENTS, Loaded at night" Someone advised me not to sign the B/L or load sheet. If I did it could be used against me. Any Thoughts?

Old 12-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Yes my slip said I had 7 days to make a claim... DO NOT SIGN THE LOAD SLIP.... You are agreeing that the car is in the same cosmetic condition when it got on the first truck... You should pay $0 for this transport... especially if you paid for closed and got open.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:44 AM
CarbonjunkieTT is infamous around these parts
P Babe: Be sure not to sign everything before you are absolutely sure that you have no scratches or dents on your car.
See to that you have a couple of friends to help you out when inspecting the car (you might be a bit "biased" finally getting your P and just want to take it for a spin).

Also be sure to park the car where there are no trees, shadows etc to make it easier to inspect it.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:08 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"The seller sent me a copy of the load sheet and it stated "NO SCATCHES OR DENTS, Loaded at night" Someone advised me not to sign the B/L or load sheet. If I did it could be used against me. Any Thoughts?"

given that the car has been on open transport after open transport (and/or sitting outside) FOR WEEKS, i'd think it is going to be so filthy it'll be impossible to accurately inspect it for scratches and dings, etc. hopefully you paid by credit card. i would refuse the charges after recieving the car given the contract was for enclosed transport.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:22 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Stay firm and listen to everyone! Do not sign the acceptance form. You can with the disclaimer "subject to further inspection". Definitely do not pay a cent! You contracted for closed and received open ... no delivery, no payment.

When you check the car, do it under fluorescent lights when spotless to make it east to find dents, scratches re-painting, etc. Get someone who really knows cars (bodywork) to help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: They Lost My Porsche