996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

They Lost My Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is infamous around these parts
Payment

Thank you all for taking time to write your comments & suggestions.
I have two additional issues:

1. The contract doesn't state enclosed, but the rate I paid is for enclosed. When I was calling all the carriers there was no question but to bring it across country in an enclosed trailer.
I still think I have them on breach of contract because - They used more than one car transport and they stated in the contract paper work 5-8 days delivery. I believe they had up to 14 days to deliver.

2. The load sheet that the seller sent me a copy of, states Cashier's check or money oder. I paid my deposit of $300.00 by Credit card. If I don't pay by money order to cashiers check, I don't think the driver will release my car.

I figured the car would be very dirty, so I had planned on washing the car before I let the driver leave. I should have 6 people there with me and a paint meter to go over the car

I think I'm screwed on both the issues

Thanks again!!!

Last edited by Porsche Babe; 12-11-2003 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:42 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Pray for that the car shows up...I would'nt be too concerned about transit charges at this point...if technically you already own the car and have paid the dealer....

Old 12-11-2003, 07:44 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Good luck! It sounds like you are doing the best you can now. Really inspect the car well! Check the loaded mileage compared to the delivered mileage before anything else! They will probably try to deliver the car at night on purpose. Don't accept it and tell them to wait until the next day. I recommend running a video camera of them unloading the car.

Don't feel too bad, I'm going to have a bad story to tell real soon as well.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:59 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I would be fuming, hope it works out for you.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:52 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
after you wash it definately get some big halogen lights. They do wonders at finding dents/scratches/etc.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Ray M is infamous around these parts
Wow.....what a stomach turning experience. I would vehemently refuse to pay the remainder of the bill, and have a police office standing there to arrest the driver for grand theft should he refuse to release the car to you.

It is obvious they have not met their obligations, and as such voided the contract.....

Old 12-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Paul S-in TX is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Ray M
Wow.....what a stomach turning experience. I would vehemently refuse to pay the remainder of the bill, and have a police office standing there to arrest the driver for grand theft should he refuse to release the car to you.

It is obvious they have not met their obligations, and as such voided the contract.....
This is seriously bad advice--I hate to tell you but the trucker likely is an independent owner-operator and all he knows is collect the fee before the car gets off loaded. Legally, the transporter is in lawful possession and has not stolen the car by retaining possession until paid. No cop will get into the middle of this, since it is essentially a contract dispute.

If Porsche Babe gets her car, undamaged but dirty, she should thank her lucky stars. If not, she's got an uphill battle because the written contract is silent on enclosed transport, and good luck proving otherwise--anything said verbally could be inadmissable. And on the delay, check the fine print of the contract. Rarely are delivery dates firm, and I bet the transporter has no liability for shipping delays.

I also think you guys are making way too much of the delay--if you had incredible bad luck and the car got dropped/damaged, nobody's going to go to the trouble of fixing the car on the sly because that's what insurance is for. Maybe the driver had a beef with the transporter, or the company re-routes the cars in route for other reasons. It could be anything but a cover up for damaging the car is a bit far fetched.

This is a tough situation, and I feel for PB. That's why it's crucial to choose wisely, always get everything in writing, and never let a seller who has already been paid for the car arrange for the shipping. If they have "arrangements" to get you a better rate, that's fine but you still need to deal with the transporter directly so your contract matches what you think you're paying for. And most times, quality is worth the price and if necessary waiting for. Truthfully, (and I've done this) if I cannot get a car shipped by the top tier transporters in the time frame I need, then I'll fly in and drive it back myself.

Last edited by Paul S-in TX; 12-11-2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Did you get your car back yet?

Old 12-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Moderatorette
Thank you for asking.... No. There has been many twist in the story. Bottom line, I've been screwed ...

Old 12-21-2003, 09:19 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Porsche Babe
Thank you for asking.... No. There has been many twist in the story. Bottom line, I've been screwed ...
Did the car ever show up?

Old 12-21-2003, 09:22 AM
Moderatorette
I still have no car.... I am lost for words..

Old 12-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
This sounds like intentional theft from the first.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:57 AM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
If and when you do get the car back, be sure to check millage. I am sure you already plan too.

Old 12-21-2003, 12:51 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
willing to give any details on what's been happening?