996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Question about effect I had after cleaning MAF meter.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 02:44 PM
girthboy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
the diverter valves are suprisingly inexpensive about $150 Baileys or EVO just had mine done before a DE. What is expensive is when you want to also do the turbo boost hoses. It is a good idea also to go to the silicone high pressure hoses as the factory rubber fail. five hoses to the diverters, turbos and intercooler $1350. Piece of mind priceless!
Thanks Tom. What is the DE you mention? How much more HP did that $1350 bring you up? And in doing the hoses, diverters and turbos how does that compare to only doing the diverters for even power when driving?

Old 03-19-2006, 04:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
the diverter valves are suprisingly inexpensive about $150 Baileys or EVO just had mine done before a DE. What is expensive is when you want to also do the turbo boost hoses. It is a good idea also to go to the silicone high pressure hoses as the factory rubber fail. five hoses to the diverters, turbos and intercooler $1350. Piece of mind priceless!
one doesnt need silicone hoses for $1350 til up get up in HP.... anything over 600 hp in my opinion. I started to blow mine off the Intercoolers at stage 4.... but then I also blew off the red silicone hoses a few times as well.
but then I was boosting 1.5 bars.... the moral of the story, in my opinion.... they are very nice... fit very tight.... sometimes too tight.... but not needed til u have upgraded turbos, etc...
save ur money.. get a nice set of turbos and a program then do the extra stuff...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL