996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fair Price for sport seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Rodis is infamous around these parts
kpv,
do you have a picture of yours?
Ron

Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Rodis,

As requested.

Old 12-10-2003, 09:39 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Rodis
Duane,
I am interested in your sport seats. I know they are black but what color is the stitching and the backs.
Ron
Yellow....
Evan

Old 12-10-2003, 09:49 PM
kpv,
yours are red backs. . . How many miles did you use them and are they full power?
Ron

Old 12-10-2003, 10:55 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
my sports seats are for sale too...

they are in "Natural Grey" color... its almost like black

no Crest, no stitches, no painted backs
but it has heated seats (2-stages)

Good conditions...
PM me for more info

thanks

Old 12-10-2003, 11:34 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
offroadr35,
If you know anyone else who has sport seats for sale, I am looking for a pair, particularly black w/ grey stitching and grey backs.
Ron
there was a thread on rennlist GT3 forum a few weeks ago with about 20 guys with sport seats for sale. Check there.....

-Steve

Old 12-11-2003, 12:27 AM
em 996 gts,
Thanks but I prefer back.

Steve,
I'll check it out, thanks

R Rodis

Old 12-11-2003, 05:00 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
kpv,
yours are red backs. . . How many miles did you use them and are they full power?
Ron
Ron,
No, mine are black with black backs.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:47 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KPV
I have a pair with crests and heat for sale. Black and perfect!
Ken...how much?

Im still thinking about going with GT3s...but there seem to be mixed reviews about comfort, etc. I use my TT almost everyday and do like to take road trips every now and then....averaging about 4 hours, etc.

If the GT3 seats offer much more support than the sports or supple leather seats, they should be more comfortable (in theory at least). The supple leather seats are not that comfortable (possibly b/c it offers no support?) I've taken some 4 hour road trips and am so relieved to get out of the car b/c of an aching back, etc.

Still up in the air... Can anyone with GT3 seats comment on daily driving and compare the comfort between either the sports/supple leather seats?

One other very important question...if I need to put a baby seat in the back, will there be enough room to do so? Since the GT3 seats do not recline, etc., will there be enough clearance to get a baby seat back there? Im not crazy about putting the seat up front....

Old 12-11-2003, 05:59 AM
KPV
Billy,
PM'd you.

Old 12-11-2003, 06:48 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by BCS996TT
Ken...how much?

Im still thinking about going with GT3s...but there seem to be mixed reviews about comfort, etc. I use my TT almost everyday and do like to take road trips every now and then....averaging about 4 hours, etc.

If the GT3 seats offer much more support than the sports or supple leather seats, they should be more comfortable (in theory at least). The supple leather seats are not that comfortable (possibly b/c it offers no support?) I've taken some 4 hour road trips and am so relieved to get out of the car b/c of an aching back, etc.

Still up in the air... Can anyone with GT3 seats comment on daily driving and compare the comfort between either the sports/supple leather seats?

One other very important question...if I need to put a baby seat in the back, will there be enough room to do so? Since the GT3 seats do not recline, etc., will there be enough clearance to get a baby seat back there? Im not crazy about putting the seat up front....
Comfort...
Depends on your size. I am 6'4", 215lbs, 36x34 pant, 42T jacket. To me the seats are comfortable, but they do start to pinch a bit on the hips after an extended drive. For what they are, I find them comfortable and they hold a lot better than the sport seats.

Daily drivability...
I would not want these seats in a daily driver. Far to awkward for me, but may work better for you. Once in they are fine, however getting in and out is not the easiest due to the side bolsters.

Rear access...
The seats slide further foreward for access to the rear, but it may be difficult if you plan on putting a child seat back there. I am not sure how well the child seat would work in the front with the GT3 seats.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:27 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Not to rain on everyone's parade - I sold a set a few weeks ago to LJH996TT on this forum (Loren - great guy) for $1500 shipped!! These were BRAND NEW 0 mile seats that came out of an 04GT3 that were swapped for GT3 seats before delivery...They even still had the stickers on the backs. They were black leather, crest in headrest and grey stitching (which is standard on balck leather 996 interiors...).
I bought these from the owner of the GT3 for $2400 shipped and they were Electrical sport seats at first (factory option is 1220 a side so that is all I paid for). I took the bottom rails and now have factory electrical sports seats in mine
Loren found out that the factory option is a ripoff so he took the rails off his regular electric seats and he now has electrical sports seats and he managed to do better than factory...HE HAS MEMORY TOO!! and since he has parking sensors, his pass. side mirror tilts when reverse is engaged!! He also is going to have the backs painted Arctic silver.
One of the reasons I could not keep thise newer seats is cause I didnt wanna lose my factory painted backs and mine had heating which is very expensive to retrofit...