996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
The Shoot-out will be arrainged by class and it will be as 'fair' as possible. Like I said before, each tuner has a different avenue on delivering power out of the 996tt. I am NOT planning on pairing up my Protomotive car with lets say a GT800 or even a RUF RT12, however what I do want is to showcase each tuner in their respected field and let the audience pick based on the outcome!...Before the finall layout is ready, each invited tuner will have several class choices, along with the five categories that every car will be tested on..Hope this puts things in perspective..

As for the 962, If I could put a license plate on it and drive it to Coffee, you would have seen videos already....

On another note, I just called Birdman to chime in and explain what happened..
That sounds great!

Too bad the 962 can't be registrated in US...

I think it's globally one of the fastest but also most understated super cars ever. It really is so fast with true Le Mans heritage but there are many who are unaware of such a street car!
Btw. too bad I missed a great party here in Finland when Birdman himself was around last winter...spoke just before the event with the organisator (Kimble, www.kimble.org) but didn't have the time.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cjv
Yeah, I guess under those conditions you are right ............. but I wouldn't place any money on it that it would beat a few other cars out there.

Buddy, you have to also put things into perspective. The GT800 is a work of art for a package that someone can have installed using readily available technology. It can also be installed in what ........... 30 days. You couldn't get the headwork on some of these other cars done in 30 days.

We started using the Garrett GT series turbo's back in the days when the only other big dog was using TO4's. Then correct me if I'm wrong, but your car was one of a couple that followed Tyson's car using the TO4 technology. That really didn't last long and the GT series turbo's soon were followed by a majority of the big power tuners. About the same time, we started increasing boost and there is no arguement that GIAC jumped ahead and lead the way for awhile in this area. I believe a close parity now exists between GIAC and Promotive in this are with the edge going to GIAC for quick installation and readily available packages. The above type of changes pretty much marked the end for budget type mods. Yes, improvements followed in the longevity area with rods, oil pumps, pistons, etc. The current cutting edge for these motors is intake cams and heads with alot larger valves and reconfigured ports. Take it a step further and windage the case. The last two areas are expensive and time consuming. I really don't believe their is much of a market for this work with the exception of the intake cam technology. I predict, that in time the intake cams will go the route of the GT series turbo and the ECU tuning. That is to say it will be in reach of alot more enthusists at a reasonable price.

Back to the question. For whatever the reason, those that have the really fastest 996tt's have chosen not to post their times. Now you don't have to believe me, Sharkey has a 996tt that is within a few tenths of the GT800 that just beat his time by a few tenths. Sharkey has stated that Alex's car is in another world. He knows. Alex has also kept a close eye on KA's motor. I have shared everything with him. I'm sure you have seen his comments.

The funny thing about being KIng of the Mountain is everyone forgets to clarify as to what day they are refering to. If history is any lesson, all these "Kings" will be "has beens" tomorrow as technology waits for no one.

My opinion of so called "Kings" is that it is a joke. These top cars are like pro sports teams. To think anyone is going to win every contest on any given day is simply pipe dreaming. Several tuners have proven themselves to be contenders. I'm done with this subject. Have a great day.
Many good points Chad. But ET is King and only timeslips count. Rumour and innuendo cannot be quantified.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Many good points Chad. But ET is King and only timeslips count. Rumour and innuendo cannot be quantified.
I agree.... taht only time slips count.... a 10 sec pass is a 10 sec pass... as far as this board is concerned... yes the evoms car is the quickest... to date posted car. sharky not far behind and Scott. But I also know for a fact that there are faster 1/4 TTs.. they just dont choose to show slips... they are NOT tuners and dont have to prove anything.. nor market for that matter.
My evo 8 tuner built a car that ran 8s on a 2 liter motor 2 years ago.. ran it in public.. and got so much business taht he doesnt know what to do with it....
everybody came to him.
I believe it was in Evoms best interest to run a 10 second pass... especially after the last shootout where no one ran a 10 second pass.
jsut my .02 cent worth...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-25-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Banned
#1FOB is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Jawvi and Traynor have the fastest 996TT's in the world... bar none!!!!

Old 03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by #1FOB
Jawvi and Traynor have the fastest 996TT's in the world... bar none!!!!
NO MORE ALCOHOL for you!

Traynor has a Mercedes and a Viper, and I have your old Supra! ..

..are you going to set this tt350z race up or what????

..I am also trying to reach Darius in the ttViper while I am in town (Since we where suppose to run six weeks ago), but he is not returning my calls (now there is a surprise)...
Give me a call, the Supra Dyno run is the week after next, I want you to come down to Duttweilers and check it out with me and ChowDog...

Old 03-26-2006, 03:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Trerynor has a "Mar"cedes.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:00 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Treynor has a RENNTeched SL65 which ran 11.3. I recently was able to run an 11.25 in my RENNTeched SL600. These Benzes make stupid torque. Mine makes 915lb/ft.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Treynor has a RENNTeched SL65 which ran 11.3. I recently was able to run an 11.25 in my RENNTeched SL600. These Benzes make stupid torque. Mine makes 915lb/ft.
I have many videos of his SL65 (and former S600) pulling 11 second runs, that car is very fast for being a MB. I recall his old S600, which is now owned by Roger, that was one unexpecting (with the baby seat in the back ) monster. Roger has many stories racing Corvettes and Mustangs. I hope to see some of your Renntech collection next weekend. I had an order in on a CL65, but passed when they presented me with a $201,500.00 invoice...The RennTech cars are very impressive .

Old 03-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
I have many videos of his SL65 (and former S600) pulling 11 second runs, that car is very fast for being a MB. I recall his old S600, which is now owned by Roger, that was one unexpecting (with the baby seat in the back ) monster. Roger has many stories racing Corvettes and Mustangs. I hope to see some of your Renntech collection next weekend. I had an order in on a CL65, but passed when they presented me with a $201,500.00 invoice...The RennTech cars are very impressive .
What kind of options pumped up the invoice? IIRC, the base MSRP was around $175k. Did you get a lot of individual options, or are MB options $$$$?

Old 03-26-2006, 11:36 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
I had an order in on a CL65, but passed when they presented me with a $201,500.00 invoice...The RennTech cars are very impressive .
i feel like a total newbie/17-year-old asking this, but what do you do?!?!? from the comments on this board, i envy your life like no other

- chuck

Old 03-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Well I used to work at a Motorcycle shop doing parts because I love riding. Then I began to work at a Mazda tuning shop where basically we did a 951.3rwhp Turbo RX-8, and I was working... well helping out working on several other cars. I just left that shop a month ago with a very close friend of mine which I'm sure everyone is familiar with Eddie Bello. And we just started working at this current shop. This shop I'm just selling performance parts etc making a living paying for my new bike and paying off my VW. In a few months I'm planning on opening a Porsche Tuning Shop to specifically only work on modifying Porsche's.

I have to say however that for my age I've been given opportunities that I think my dreams could never even wish for. I love anything with a motor and to be given the chances I'm given I'm very grateful. Especially to be best friends with the one person I look up to and regard very highly for their incredible tuning skills and just astonishing fabricating skills of my close friend Eddie.

I'm not like any other average seventeen year old, I've been on this board for the past 2 years reading and learning. I have an ambition that very few that are even several years older than me still don't have. I believe I deserve everything thats happened to me however I always appreciate it and never take it for granted.

I do get strange looks however when people tell me 400-500hp cars are fast and I come back with a "Nah thats still slow." But then again in my opinion its true :-P

Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Well I used to work at a Motorcycle shop doing parts...
uhhh dude... he wasn't asking you

Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9.grand
Will Eddie Bello's new shop be stocked full of stolen parts like his old one was?
Maybe you would like to share something other than rumor. One stolen transmission that belonged to a customer hardly qualifies as a "stock full shop." I addition no conviction? Facts please.

I just hate it when things like this ruin a guy's reputation.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Zippy
uhhh dude... he wasn't asking you
I almost felt important

Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 9.grand
Will Eddie Bello's new shop be stocked full of stolen parts like his old one was?
Thanks CJV for already saying it. If you don't know what really went on why spread rumors?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.