996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
Sorry, but Alexander's car could give that GT800 almost a full second head start. That isn't taking a thing away from the GT800. So could Elliott750's car.
I haven't seen his timeslips or videos. What has he run?

Old 03-19-2006, 10:27 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I haven't seen his timeslips or videos. What has he run?
Just a tad under 9.6. I don't want to spoil all the fun, but a few of us just haven't posted our times.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:30 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
Just a tad under 9.6.
Is there any video? I would love to see that run.

Do you know what his DA was on that run? Alititude/Temp/Humidity,etc?

Old 03-19-2006, 10:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Is there any video? I would love to see that run.

Do you know what his DA was on that run? Alititude/Temp/Humidity,etc?
I believe I've said enough. Alex has video's of eveything he does. Alex will comment further if he chooses. I can also say he recently reeled in a Minardi F1 at the Vegas track straightaway at over 174 mph.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
I believe I've said enough. Alex will comment further if he chooses.
do you have any other info? I searched but couldn't find it

Old 03-19-2006, 10:45 PM
cjv
do you have any other info? I searched but couldn't find it
RennTechV12,

Like I said, you will have to wait for Alex to comment. There are some very fast times that have been run although no one has yet to beat Bello's time. We expect to have a very good shot at it. KA is on her third motor and she has made some runs that I haven't discussed because they simply are not good enough. Alex has seen the current third motor and I'm sure you have seen his comments. There is no bull there. A few of these motors are in a world all of their own.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
RennTechV12,

Like I said, you will have to wait for Alex to comment. There are some very fast times that have been run. KA is on her third motor and she has made some runs that I haven't discussed. Alex has seen the current third motor and I'm sure you have seen his comments. There is no bull there.
I'm not calling bull, I'm just interested that's all. Since he is supposed to be bringing the car to our event, I just wanted to find out more info about it. I haven't seen any of his comments concerning the 9 second run.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:56 PM
cjv
I'm not calling bull, I'm just interested that's all. Since he is supposed to be bringing the car to our event, I just wanted to find out more info about it. I haven't seen any of his comments concerning the 9 second run.
Then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. It's just past comments from others just haven't been exactly "kind." Alex hasn't mentioned it publically to my knowledge. Even if he hasn't exactly mentioned it, if you look into the times of some of the cars he has trounched, it wouldn't be very hard to figure out about where he is running.

As for the event, I wouldn't be too surprised if his times are just good enough to win. I may be wrong.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. It's just past comments from others just haven't been exactly "kind." Alex hasn't mentioned it publically to my knowledge. Even if he hasn't exactly mentioned it, if you look into the times of some of the cars he has trounched, it wouldn't be very hard to figure out about where he is running.

As for the event, I wouldn't be too surprised if his time are just good enough to win. I may be wrong.
Thanks!

As for him winning, we're bringing the '57 Chevy, it just got a new motor, a blown 540 that makes 1400hp, we're expecting 8.0's.

Last edited by RennTechV12; 03-19-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv

As for the event, I wouldn't be too surprised if his times are just good enough to win. I may be wrong.
pulling hard on a 143mph rx7 it definitely seems like he has the power to equate to 9-sec run.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:10 PM
cjv
Thanks!

As for him winning, we're bringing the '57 Chevy, it just got a new motor, a blown 540 that makes 1400hp, we're expecting 8.0's.
Does your 57' Chevy have plates? And if it does I know it won't turn ............ much. I guess what I am trying to say is a car like Alex's is not a track car but it will run like alot of track cars and they putter around comfortably on the street. Like what he did against the Minardi F1 the other day.

For what it is worth I had an old Nova P Stock that turned 185's all day long. It didn't do very well on the street and no it did not have plates.

Last edited by cjv; 03-19-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Does your 57' Chevy have plates? And if it does I know it won't turn ............ much. I guess what I am trying to say is a car like Alex's is not a track car but it will run like alot of track cars and they putter around comfortably on the street. Like what he did against the Minardi F1 the other day.

For what it is worth I had an old Nova P Stock that turned 185's all day long. It didn't do very well on the street and no it did not have plates.
I'm not trying to compare the 2 they are completely different animals. I agree with you totaly on the 996TT being the best of all worlds, that's why I own one, but this particular event is a darg race, in which there are no turns. My buddy is bringing his TT Viper that went 8.9 @ 154 on slicks, he drives it almost every day.

And yes...the '57 does have plates.

Last edited by RennTechV12; 03-20-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
The fastest 4-6 cars have never posted their times,
they are all faster than the "public listed times".
I would imagine "Jean's Car" in Saudi would give many
of these a run for their money---oops never mind,
that is a 993TT.
This will be an interesting year, and our Man Marksi
is going to jump very close to the "head of the class"
very soon!

Congrats to all the cars listed, Craig (amazing car,Sharkey,
a true innovator, and CJV's will be quite interesting WHEN it gets
running--I have complete respect for Rob's work!)

Marty Kaye
The fastest 4-6 cars are the 4-6 cars that publically post their times. Anyone else who wants to run a quicker time and keep it to themself is welcome to keep it to themself. you can't keep it to yourself and whisper about it at the same time.

When the light drops ...

Old 03-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cjv
KA is on her third motor and she has made some runs that I haven't discussed because they simply are not good enough.
So why not wait until you have run a time and then comment?

Old 03-20-2006, 06:43 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
The fastest 4-6 cars are the 4-6 cars that publically post their times. Anyone else who wants to run a quicker time and keep it to themself is welcome to keep it to themself. you can't keep it to yourself and whisper about it at the same time.

When the light drops ...
That is what my other thread was all about. Put up or shut up! You can't claim to having the fastest tt if you can't show us a timeslip! I want verified, documented numbers!

That being said I know that Alex has a fast car and I am sure Chad your car will be a beast if and when it ever gets out of the shop!

But for now the king of the hill for verified times is the EVOMS GT800 at 10.3

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.