996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 08:18 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
That is what my other thread was all about. Put up or shut up! You can't claim to having the fastest tt if you can't show us a timeslip! I want verified, documented numbers!

That being said I know that Alex has a fast car and I am sure Chad your car will be a beast if and when it ever gets out of the shop!

But for now the king of the hill for verified times is the EVOMS GT800 at 10.3
Yeah, I guess under those conditions you are right ............. but I wouldn't place any money on it that it would beat a few other cars out there.

Buddy, you have to also put things into perspective. The GT800 is a work of art for a package that someone can have installed using readily available technology. It can also be installed in what ........... 30 days. You couldn't get the headwork on some of these other cars done in 30 days.

We started using the Garrett GT series turbo's back in the days when the only other big dog was using TO4's. Then correct me if I'm wrong, but your car was one of a couple that followed Tyson's car using the TO4 technology. That really didn't last long and the GT series turbo's soon were followed by a majority of the big power tuners. About the same time, we started increasing boost and there is no arguement that GIAC jumped ahead and lead the way for awhile in this area. I believe a close parity now exists between GIAC and Promotive in this are with the edge going to GIAC for quick installation and readily available packages. The above type of changes pretty much marked the end for budget type mods. Yes, improvements followed in the longevity area with rods, oil pumps, pistons, etc. The current cutting edge for these motors is intake cams and heads with alot larger valves and reconfigured ports. Take it a step further and windage the case. The last two areas are expensive and time consuming. I really don't believe their is much of a market for this work with the exception of the intake cam technology. I predict, that in time the intake cams will go the route of the GT series turbo and the ECU tuning. That is to say it will be in reach of alot more enthusists at a reasonable price.

Back to the question. For whatever the reason, those that have the really fastest 996tt's have chosen not to post their times. Now you don't have to believe me, Sharkey has a 996tt that is within a few tenths of the GT800 that just beat his time by a few tenths. Sharkey has stated that Alex's car is in another world. He knows. Alex has also kept a close eye on KA's motor. I have shared everything with him. I'm sure you have seen his comments.

The funny thing about being KIng of the Mountain is everyone forgets to clarify as to what day they are refering to. If history is any lesson, all these "Kings" will be "has beens" tomorrow as technology waits for no one.

My opinion of so called "Kings" is that it is a joke. These top cars are like pro sports teams. To think anyone is going to win every contest on any given day is simply pipe dreaming. Several tuners have proven themselves to be contenders. I'm done with this subject. Have a great day.

Last edited by cjv; 03-20-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:24 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Well stated CJV

Marty Kaye
6 speed newbie.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:35 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Chad,

I agree with what you have said. For the purposes of the post I put up it was a list asking for the fastest times that can be verified. This post doesn't necessarily ask for any type of verification so cars like Alex's and yours certainly would be near the top of the list.

I know no matter how fast a car is there is usually someone, somewhere that has a faster one. It is a never ending battle but that is what makes it fun! It is quite amazing how far these cars have come in the last few years and it is cool to see how much farther some of you guys continue to push! Should be a sweet year for modified tt's!

Old 03-20-2006, 08:40 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Well stated CJV

Marty Kaye
6 speed newbie.
Marty,

I haven't said "Welcome" over here yet. So welcome ........ and feel free to take issue with my comments at any time. I have been known to make mistakes more than my fair share of the time.

Last edited by cjv; 03-20-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buddyg
That is what my other thread was all about. Put up or shut up! You can't claim to having the fastest tt if you can't show us a timeslip! I want verified, documented numbers!

That being said I know that Alex has a fast car and I am sure Chad your car will be a beast if and when it ever gets out of the shop!

But for now the king of the hill for verified times is the EVOMS GT800 at 10.3
I couldn't agree more. quarter miling is about a lot more than big HP numbers, rolling runs and passing speed. You have to take all of those elements and then make them work from a DEAD STOP. Not an easy feat, especially in a 996TT, a car that was specifically designed NOT to do that. The fact that EVOMS was able to get a 10.3 in a street car with a STOCK 6 speed transmission (with the horribly short 1st gear) is simply amazing.

I guess it's like any other sport, when you are the champion, everybody else is looking to take your title, but until it happens, everything else is just idle chatter.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, I always say speak softly....carry a big stick!! Those that brag are always the ones that have the least. Some of us choose just to say nothing at all, not update, no blovating, just enjoy.

Besides, when someone hands you your ****, your shrug and simply say I had nothing to prove..

There are a lot of fast TTs out there.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
LOL, I always say speak softly....carry a big stick!! Those that brag are always the ones that have the least. Some of us choose just to say nothing at all, not update, no blovating, just enjoy.

Besides, when someone hands you your ****, your shrug and simply say I had nothing to prove..

Well said Stephen!!!

Craig

Old 03-20-2006, 06:47 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Just love it! (the rennlist thread is quite entertaining as well) I for one DO NOT HAVE the fastest turbo (probably not in the top 100), but I love it and it is a h*ll of a lot of fun!

Old 03-20-2006, 10:44 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by PorschePhd

Amen-

Old 03-20-2006, 10:47 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Amen-
What's up Alex?
We're looking forward to seeing you on the 31st!

Old 03-20-2006, 11:00 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
What's up Alex?
We're looking forward to seeing you on the 31st!
I was away for the last couple of days. It is always nice to come home to some great online entertainment! This current thread reminds me of something I would read on Viperalley, without the vulgar comments. I did not realize that we here at 6speedonline had to compare our <sensored>! I thought we where all part of the same winning circle...Hmmmm... It sounds like Im being called out?? Correct me if I am wrong RennTechV12...

CJV-you have a PM.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I was away for the last couple of days. It is always nice to come home to some great online entertainment! This current thread reminds me of something I would read on Viperalley, without the vulgar comments. I did not realize that we here at 6speedonline had to compare our <sensored>! I thought we where all part of the same winning circle...Hmmmm... It sounds like Im being called out?? Correct me if I am wrong RennTechV12...

CJV-you have a PM.
YES YES YES...ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I want to see that thing run in person!!!!

Old 03-20-2006, 11:19 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
YES YES YES...ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I want to see that thing run in person!!!!
Ok then...Here are the terms. Since you have a GT700 ('02 Porsche 996Turbo GT700 - 758hp / 758lb/ft (11.25@129mph) ) : 40 mile per hour freeway roll-on (I will give you 10 car lenghts) for $10,000.00USD and we go for 1 mile..I will also leave my boost at 1.6bar and no NOS....

I categorically prefer not to do this with a fellow 6speeder, however if you insist....
(you know there are nicer ways to see me run in person, instead of calling me out!!!)

Old 03-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Ok then...Here are the terms. Since you have a GT700 ('02 Porsche 996Turbo GT700 - 758hp / 758lb/ft (11.25@129mph) ) : 40 mile per hour freeway roll-on (I will give you 10 car lenghts) for $10,000.00USD and we go for 1 mile..I will also leave my boost at 1.6bar....

I categorically prefer not to do this with a fellow 6speeder, however if you insist....
(you know there are nicer ways to see me run in person, instead of calling me out!!!)

I tell you what. How about your car vs. my old Chevy from the line?

Old 03-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
This drag day is going to be very nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.