996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:42 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
It was a 964 narrow body.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:57 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
it was not the 996tt.. is an old 12 year old narrow body full chasis P car...
I saw the magazine a while back. it was white with blue colors and or stripes if Im not mistaken... and it definately was not a street car....

Mark, you need to re-read what has been discussed. It's been clear that Eddie's record pass was in his 964 (which actually was a "street car", use to be his big street racing car before he started to campaign it if I understand correctly, I believe it actually had tags while he raced it, but "street" car and street driven car are seperate thigns)

The 996TT car that was mentioned was a tube chassis car that he built that was stolen before it ever made a pass.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:58 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
it was not the 996tt.. is an old 12 year old narrow body full chasis P car...
I saw the magazine a while back. it was white with blue colors and or stripes if Im not mistaken... and it definately was not a street car....
Markski,

I recall somewhere that eddie did drive it from his house or shop to the strip (where he set the record) and then back again. I could be mistaken.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:00 PM
JETJOX is infamous around these parts
Actually, the record was a 9.52@161.8mph set in his 964 street car. Although there was a lot of weight out of it, it was a street car. The 9.16 run was done in the same car however it was totally different from the street car it was before. It was a tube chassis setup for the most part. The floor was cut out and the weight was under 2000lbs. After parts of that car were sold off he started building another tube chassis car with a carbon fiber 996 body. It was running a front engine configuration 3.6 aircooled motor. Unfortunately the car was stolen and was never proven.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
Mark, you need to re-read what has been discussed. It's been clear that Eddie's record pass was in his 964 (which actually was a "street car", use to be his big street racing car before he started to campaign it if I understand correctly, I believe it actually had tags while he raced it, but "street" car and street driven car are seperate thigns)

The 996TT car that was mentioned was a tube chassis car that he built that was stolen before it ever made a pass.
sorry cause I sped thru the posts....
I recall reading the mag, however.... and they did mention that it weighed something like 2200 lbs. .. I recall the pics.... it obviously had the interior all stripped and caged up.... I think he even had a GM tranny.... not sure.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
It was driven to and from the track, the reason he stopped using it on the street is because Toyo told him he wasn't allowed to drive it on the streets any more because if it was in an accident they thought they'd get sued because their decals were all over it.

I will say that is true it isn't my record just Eddie's... I wish at age 11 I could wheelie a Porsche down the track lol. However if anyone knows of any space for rent in the North Jersey area I'd really appreciate it.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Not a photoshop, its Eddie's old car. Eddie is one of my very good friends and we're soon going to be starting a shop within the next 2 months. Can't talk much about it since we're not sponsors yet for this board. However we still be doing an 8 second car for this/next year. It was fully streetable and driven to and from his home to the track.
Eddie's friend huh?

Old 03-21-2006, 11:31 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by JETJOX
Actually, the record was a 9.52@161.8mph set in his 964 street car. Although there was a lot of weight out of it, it was a street car.
Wow how technology has advanced! We are there now with the 996tt, without compromising any luxuries...I can't wait to see what the modded 997tt can offer...

Marski-
Did you say you had .63 a/r 's on your GT35R's???

Old 03-22-2006, 02:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Marski-
Did you say you had .63 a/r 's on your GT35R's???
Im pretty sure.... now I have to check...

click to view

Old 03-22-2006, 02:09 AM
VRAlexander
Im pretty sure.... now I have to check...

I would go with the .82 a/r on your car, just because you have the bigger heads...

Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Ok...Ok....

Like I said before....we are on the same team and the competition is out there, not in here (take note Origyns 973). With that said, don't call me out because once that is done, I go into my 'Black and White competition mode'. If you want to see my Porsche make a couple of (NT) passes, just ask, that way you get better results..I would be happy to take you for a drive, if I bring her on the 31st. Like you said, we are going to have a ball...
You have to appreciate the fact that if you have people on this board, be it yourself or someone else, talking about a feat (running 9's in a 996TT) that is to this day unheard of, you are going to get called out. Whether we are all on the "same team" or not, that is a pretty lofty claim and those of us whose reputation lies within delivering what we promise do get very interested when claims such as that are made. I don't think anyone wants to break out the measuring stick and compare equipment, we would just love to actually see what CJV and the rest seem to know so well.

Nate

Old 03-22-2006, 11:55 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
If we're going to compare stuff like this then I'm going to lay the cards down on the table. This French ***** was moulded from my....

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
I think there should be another shoot out... since the last one was not well represented(not by all that is)... and even those that were present had some mishaps... I think the tuners have come along way in the last 2 years... and hopefully the shootout will not be on a 103 degree temp day... I always said to do it in the midwest... not AZ, Cali, or TX...
just my opinion...
On another note...
it would be nice to have these tunning packages that are sold run 1/4 mile times as well with a full load.. tahst way the dyno sheet paired with a 1/4 slip(MPH and ET does tell alot) would give us a better stab at decision making.
and this is not directed toward any particular tuner...

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-22-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
If we're going to compare stuff like this then I'm going to lay the cards down on the table. This French ***** was moulded from my....
LOL, have I told you how much I love your posts ..... I myself feel that Leaning Tower of Pisa most fits me.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
I think there should be another shoot out... since the last one was not well represented(not by all that is)... and even those that were present had some mishaps... I think the tuners have come along way in the last 2 years... and hopefully the shootout will not be on a 103 degree temp day... I always said to do it in the midwest... not AZ, Cali, or TX...
just my opinion...
On another note...
it would be nice to have these tunning packages that are sold run 1/4 mile times as well with a full load.. tahst way the dyno sheet paired with a 1/4 slip(MPH and ET does tell alot) would give us a better stab at decision making.
and this is not directed toward any particular tuner...
That would be nice. It has been a long time since the last two shootouts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.