996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 01:17 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Markski,
I like your thinking,
In other words what does a GT640, PSI 550,
Ruf 550 or whatever is being marketed--run in quartermile in full street trim??
The other great way to compare is with the AX-22,
roll-ons going from 60-130 mph or 62-124 (100-200) like the Europeans
test.
It would tell us in the "searching mode" alot more about ACTUAL performance.
Marty

Old 03-22-2006, 02:37 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
The problem with marketing a car as saying it has a 700hp package and runs a 10.7 @ 133 is that when the average joe goes to the track and he runs an 11.2 @ 130 he thinks that he got cheated and his car isn't making enough power. Thus the tuners now have to combat customers defending their product to them.

In all actuality, 500 hp at the tires in a 996TT should be a 10 second 1/4 mile car without a doubt. Then again, how many do we see with that in their sigs? 10.3 from the 800awhp evo car isn't that great either. 800 hp at the tires is good for mid 9's @ over 140 in that car.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:48 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dgussin,
Maybe he/she/we are getting cheated?
How does one know if there is no measurement?

Marty

Old 03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dgussin1
The problem with marketing a car as saying it has a 700hp package and runs a 10.7 @ 133 is that when the average joe goes to the track and he runs an 11.2 @ 130 he thinks that he got cheated and his car isn't making enough power. Thus the tuners now have to combat customers defending their product to them.

In all actuality, 500 hp at the tires in a 996TT should be a 10 second 1/4 mile car without a doubt. Then again, how many do we see with that in their sigs? 10.3 from the 800awhp evo car isn't that great either. 800 hp at the tires is good for mid 9's @ over 140 in that car.
I see that u own a corvette.... whole different story..... yes a 500 rwhp TT should do 10s... but it doesnt and never will.
even though an average joe cant do a 1/4 mile ET like the tuner will .. but at least u know that they did it and u can gage urself or at least have a number to go by...
In the 996tt world.. I definately would rather know what a car does at the track... this way u have constant variables that no one can smudge.
the slip tells me the HP that car is producing and how good of a driver u are...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I see that u own a corvette.... whole different story..... yes a 500 rwhp TT should do 10s..
He's got a Cobra. And very few of those are hitting 10's with 500 rwhp...unless they're running slicks.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:06 PM
TRK
TRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to behold
Not possible?

hmmmm...
A year or so ago, Bobby from Tulsa ran a 10.4 at 136 in his lightly modded 996tt.
4wd connected.
High flow muffler
Air filter
5 bar regulator
K24's with S60 compressors
A nasty metal clutch
BF goodrich drag radials.
Someone's ecu that can't advertise on this board ;p

He did a 1.45 60ft time.

The car was lucky if it had 500 at the tires...

Old 03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TRK
hmmmm...
A year or so ago, Bobby from Tulsa ran a 10.4 at 136 in his lightly modded 996tt.
4wd connected.
High flow muffler
Air filter
5 bar regulator
A nasty metal clutch

He did a 1.45 60ft time.

I believe you.... that it can be done... but not from a off the shelf tunning kit that is a 550 crank HP.... that will not even get below 11.5 seconds.
I tried many times with 3 different "stages" .

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRK
hmmmm...
4wd connected.
High flow muffler
Air filter
5 bar regulator
A nasty metal clutch

He did a 1.45 60ft time.

Sorry, but I can't believe this. Are there any pictures or video? If not...

Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 PM
TRK
TRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure he could dig up the time slip.. Through his shoebox collection of thousands of them... He seems to live at the dragstrip ;p
No video though. He's vowed to start video'ing all these runs due to so much interest in them.
He ran a 9.80 at 153mph in his 993tt the other day... Again, no video. It sounds like it would have been fun to watch though, the car was all over the place, super high cross winds, just absolutely dangerous.

The weird part about that run is he felt the car shouldn't have done that. The thing still had the dual mass flywheel in it. Launched at 6000 rpm's, coming out of the hole like crazy. He's quite the madman in the car, but can make them go like stink.

I'm not making any claims to this myself, I can't drive 1/4 mile stuff, It hurts too bad when you build them to treat them that way..

Just stating it as a matter of fact to offset the discussion. Take it or leave it. Your choice.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Todd
Did you built his 993tt.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:50 PM
TRK
Most of it... If I recall, my wife built the engine

Just got back from there this weekend... 823hp at the rear tires. We had to stop when we ran out of fuel pump. We'll put in larger pumps and have some more fun next time..

Old 03-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TRK
I'm sure he could dig up the time slip.. Through his shoebox collection of thousands of them... He seems to live at the dragstrip ;p
No video though. He's vowed to start video'ing all these runs due to so much interest in them.
He ran a 9.80 at 153mph in his 993tt the other day... Again, no video. It sounds like it would have been fun to watch though, the car was all over the place, super high cross winds, just absolutely dangerous.

The weird part about that run is he felt the car shouldn't have done that. The thing still had the dual mass flywheel in it. Launched at 6000 rpm's, coming out of the hole like crazy. He's quite the madman in the car, but can make them go like stink.

I'm not making any claims to this myself, I can't drive 1/4 mile stuff, It hurts too bad when you build them to treat them that way..

Just stating it as a matter of fact to offset the discussion. Take it or leave it. Your choice.
Whoa! Some impressive cars in his stable

Old 03-22-2006, 06:28 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by sharkster
If we're going to compare stuff like this then I'm going to lay the cards down on the table. This French ***** was moulded from my....

I thought you where more English than French....
Attachment 29768

HOLY COW! That is the biggest Sharkey I have ever seen! It is 180 feet above the ground and each clock face is 23 feet across. Can you name something else that is close to 23 feet long? Big "Sharkey" Ben is the most famous clock (aka block) in the world (or at least on 6speedonline)! There is a clock on each side of the tower, totaling 4 clocks. The clock bell rings every hour. A 700 (you now upgraded to a GT800) pound pendulum makes the loud noise. This is about 8 of us put together! The only dissapointment is there is no Carbon involved (yet)

Stop making whales envious, and show us the Carbon....

Last edited by VRAlexander; 09-20-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:02 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Nate@EVO
You have to appreciate the fact that if you have people on this board, be it yourself or someone else, talking about a feat (running 9's in a 996TT) that is to this day unheard of, you are going to get called out. Whether we are all on the "same team" or not, that is a pretty lofty claim and those of us whose reputation lies within delivering what we promise do get very interested when claims such as that are made. I don't think anyone wants to break out the measuring stick and compare equipment, we would just love to actually see what CJV and the rest seem to know so well.

Nate
Hello Nate,
Thanks for your 2c on this matter, however I have NOTHING TO PROVE to anyone, especially in a community like this one. I have too much respect for Todd (EVOMS) to be 'competing' or 'setting fires' with him or any other tuners (no, i am not taking this the wrong way). It is a small community and I HAPPEN TO LIKE ALL THE TUNERS here. Each one has their own nitch, and one is especially crafty with Carbon! I have a history with Rob at S-CAR-GO and I would NEVER go against his pricipals on building cars either. After CJV's car is finally on the road, I believe that it will be the fastest 3.8liter 996tt in the world (with Protomotive 200hour tuning and GT-40R's). After all, Robb was the one that egged me on to take the project out of his hands and bring it to Protomotive. I did resist this at first, because of my previous history with Protomotive and how they took a LOSS on my behalf because two tuners where involved on one project vehicle. He knew what I wanted out of my turbo and he also knew what he could produce at that time. He is someone that I have great respect for and have recommended to many people. Todd at Protomotive is a different breed of tuner, he does not offer 'packages' or 'bolt on' performance. Todd and Cynthia build cars per their customer needs. I came to them and laid out what I wanted and they produced the finall product that I am very happy with. Yes, the car runs 9's, in fact it runs back to back 9's with no cooldown between the runs. For the time being, I DID NOT WISH TO ADVERTIZE my car because I am having too much fun on the street removing smiles of Hyabussa owners faces! When the time comes, I will post my videos.... until then, you guys are the undisputed 'on record' quarter mile gurus. So enjoy the position, you have earned it!

As for 'that time', I am almost finished working out a deal with a television producer that is willing to shoot a one hour special to be aired on a Television network about the top 10 Porsche tuners on the planet....details will follow shortly...I am definitly going to invite EVOMS to the event along with RUF, 9FF, Gemballa and the rest of the 6speedonline sponsors (even Protomotive) to bring their game to the event. The european tuners will show this time, because they will have an offer that they can not refuse! The winner will receive the 'Top Dog 996tt' honors and a brand new 997tt.

So STOP calling me out, I know what I have and so do a few others (you know who you are-and thanks for keeping things under the radar for this long).

Keep up the good work and say 'hello' to Todd for me...

Last edited by VRAlexander; 03-22-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
After CJV's car is finally on the road, I believe that it will be the fastest 3.8liter 996tt in the world (with Protomotive 200hour tuning and GT-40R's).
Alex,

It wouldn't be a 3.8L if Rob installs the "other" crank that we have laying around?

You know I'm really waiting to see what turbo's the head and cam people recommend. We should have that information this week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.