996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
Alex,

It wouldn't be a 3.8L if Rob installs the "other" crank that we have laying around?

You know I'm really waiting to see what turbo's the head and cam people recommend. We should have that information this week.
GT42-76's no doubt about it!

Old 03-23-2006, 12:47 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I knew this was going to be a killer year for Porsche TT performance!

To clarify: When CJV's car is up and running, it will go to Todd for
the ECU Tuning, etc. ??

Thanks for all the interesting info at the far end of the spectrum,
it is truly fascinating!
Marty K.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:54 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VRAlexander

As for 'that time', I am almost finished working out a deal with a television producer that is willing to shoot a one hour special to be aired on a Television network about the top 10 Porsche tuners on the planet....details will follow shortly...I am definitly going to invite EVOMS to the event along with RUF, 9FF, Gemballa and the rest of the 6speedonline sponsors (even Protomotive) to bring their game to the event. The european tuners will show this time, because they will have an offer that they can not refuse! The winner will receive the 'Top Dog 996tt' honors and a brand new 997tt.
Can us 6speeder be able to watch this live?
this would be an awesome event to go to especially in vegas

ill be willing to get some days off to see this happen

if this is a private affair can i watch still hehhe (u can pm me the details to keep it under wraps) heheh

if not please do keep us 6speeders updated..

Old 03-23-2006, 01:40 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by 02barebones996
Can us 6speeder be able to watch this live?
this would be an awesome event to go to especially in vegas

ill be willing to get some days off to see this happen

if this is a private affair can i watch still hehhe (u can pm me the details to keep it under wraps) heheh

if not please do keep us 6speeders updated..
The event will be open to all 6Speeders to come and watch it live...however the tuners will be allowed to bring one or two cars to represent their shops...and yes it will be a televised event for anyone to watch at home....

I will keep you updated..

Old 03-23-2006, 09:26 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I knew this was going to be a killer year for Porsche TT performance!

To clarify: When CJV's car is up and running, it will go to Todd for
the ECU Tuning, etc. ??

Thanks for all the interesting info at the far end of the spectrum,
it is truly fascinating!
Marty K.
Sorry for being presumptious, but I beileve it will be a killer year ........... as in KA.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:42 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The event will be open to all 6Speeders to come and watch it live...however the tuners will be allowed to bring one or two cars to represent their shops...and yes it will be a televised event for anyone to watch at home....

I will keep you updated..
Alex,

Do you have an approx, date. I have to make sure Rob has KA ready.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Alex,

Do you have an approx, date. I have to make sure Rob has KA ready.
I believe november....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
In terms of 993 turbos, I almost forgot Adrian's (Birdman) old car. It was tuned by Protomotive and put out somewhere near 800 BHP. Too bad it was in a bad wreck in late 2005.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Porscheboy16
In terms of 993 turbos, I almost forgot Adrian's (Birdman) old car. It was tuned by Protomotive and put out somewhere near 800 BHP. Too bad it was in a bad wreck in late 2005.
Really? I didn't know that. Any details? That car was sick.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
that's worth my vacation time. i will definitely have to be there. wow. this should be fun.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
As for 'that time', I am almost finished working out a deal with a television producer that is willing to shoot a one hour special to be aired on a Television network about the top 10 Porsche tuners on the planet....details will follow shortly...I am definitly going to invite EVOMS to the event along with RUF, 9FF, Gemballa and the rest of the 6speedonline sponsors (even Protomotive) to bring their game to the event. The european tuners will show this time, because they will have an offer that they can not refuse! The winner will receive the 'Top Dog 996tt' honors and a brand new 997tt.
That's interesting. But I don't see the point there, because of course your and cjv's cars are going to blow all away! Who would think something else?
They both are unique machines. You guys have tuned your cars for YEARS (I read somewhere that your beast took 24 months and no idea how many years cjv has worked with his) so of course with your extensive research and development those cars are going to be much faster than some "normal" high hp packages from other tuners...
800-850hp (at crank) are about the biggest numbers you can get easily from European tuners. Uunless you are a mad man () no more power is 'needed'. With that kind of power you can get up to 380 km/h at the Autobahn (TechArt and 9FF for example) and can more powah be any useful at the track either?

Nice competition if you really need to prove something but I think everybody knows what the result would be. Much easier to do just your car vs. cjv

Btw. If you really want a race then perhaps track driving with street legal 996 Turbos would be fun to watch. Edo Competition, Manthey Racing & RS-Tuning have made really fast track 996's...Those cars look like beasts with their widebody kits (and sound too, I know )

Btw2. Get yourself a 400km/h+ Dauer 962! That's the only car I know that really needs to be in your collection! And hey, with its turbocharged engine, more power is an option too

EDIT: Some tuners have done some fast cars to Middle East (doing nines at the quarter mile, some one mentioned it in rennlist) but I doubt you can contact the owners easily... Anyway good luck with your project, I really want to see the shoot out too, I was just stating that everybody knows who will be the fastest imho

Last edited by Kaizu; 03-24-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Life Dies
Really? I didn't know that. Any details? That car was sick.
Adrian had to go to the hospital with back problems; he was lucky to survive the wreck. I believe he crashed at speeds over 200 MPH. Let me look for a link.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Old 03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Where/when did Adrian (aka "birdman") have his horrific crash??

MK

Old 03-24-2006, 04:32 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Kaizu
That's interesting. But I don't see the point there, because of course your and cjv's cars are going to blow all away! Who would think something else?
They both are unique machines. You guys have tuned your cars for YEARS (I read somewhere that your beast took 24 months and no idea how many years cjv has worked with his) so of course with your extensive research and development those cars are going to be much faster than some "normal" high hp packages from other tuners...
800-850hp (at crank) are about the biggest numbers you can get easily from European tuners. Uunless you are a mad man () no more power is 'needed'. With that kind of power you can get up to 380 km/h at the Autobahn (TechArt and 9FF for example) and can more powah be any useful at the track either?
The Shoot-out will be arrainged by class and it will be as 'fair' as possible. Like I said before, each tuner has a different avenue on delivering power out of the 996tt. I am NOT planning on pairing up my Protomotive car with lets say a GT800 or even a RUF RT12, however what I do want is to showcase each tuner in their respected field and let the audience pick based on the outcome!...Before the finall layout is ready, each invited tuner will have several class choices, along with the five categories that every car will be tested on..Hope this puts things in perspective..

As for the 962, If I could put a license plate on it and drive it to Coffee, you would have seen videos already....

On another note, I just called Birdman to chime in and explain what happened..

Last edited by VRAlexander; 03-24-2006 at 04:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top 5 Fastest 996TT's in the country.