996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi exhaust for 996TT. Any opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
tthoang1 is infamous around these parts
Tubi exhaust for 996TT. Any opinions?

There is a Tubi exhaust for sale in the classified section. I'm interested in replacing my Fabspeed GT2 exhaust (with 100 cell cats) for the Tubi. I've searched the Forum but came up empty. Does anyone have the Tubi, or have any opinions? I'm interested in maintaining the free flow but with less noise. Is there any CEL with the Tubi? TIA

Old 03-21-2006, 02:52 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure it's the 2nd generation Tubi. Their first gen actually restricted flow. They 're not as popuplar on the 996tt as the Cargraphic or Europipe.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:53 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
I have heard the first Gen. Tubi actually loses power. The second Gen Tubi/Champion motorsports is supposed to be alot better and have a HP increase. This is just from I remember and have heard.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Just-n-a996 is infamous around these parts
Forget Tubi! Call Stef at Europipe, or email him, and he will call you. Have a discussion with him first, before making your decision. You never know, he could work with you a bit on price. I have the stage 2 loud and love it!!! There is absolute no drone, and it isn't too loud at all. Just right. I used to have an SC'd 996 cab with the second generation PSE. Stage 2 loud isn't quite as loud as that if that helps you any. Tell Stef Justin sent ya!

Old 03-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've saw a TT with tubi, not sure is gen 1 or 2. But it was loud.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:55 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Just-n-a996
Forget Tubi! Call Stef at Europipe, or email him, and he will call you. Have a discussion with him first, before making your decision. You never know, he could work with you a bit on price. I have the stage 2 loud and love it!!! There is absolute no drone, and it isn't too loud at all. Just right. I used to have an SC'd 996 cab with the second generation PSE. Stage 2 loud isn't quite as loud as that if that helps you any. Tell Stef Justin sent ya!
I heard the same about power loss from a friend who has tried just about every exhaust out there. He is currently running a Cargraphic. You would be taking a step back from the Fabspeed to the Tubi.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:07 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like the tips on the tubi :-(

Old 03-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Ask Champion for a dyno.......you won't get it.......end of story

Old 03-21-2006, 05:07 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i'll send u a set of free ear plugs if u decide to get it. what color do u prefer?

Old 03-21-2006, 05:28 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Here's Tubi sound clip click

Old 03-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Fabspeed Drone

Originally Posted by 20C4S
i'll send u a set of free ear plugs if u decide to get it. what color do u prefer?
I wish you were kidding. I've resorted to wearing ear plugs when driving my 996 TT with the Fabspeed GT2. The drone gives me a headache. I drove down to Carmel and back (4 hours round trip) with earplugs and no more headache. My wife was in the car the whole time without ear plugs, and she was unaffected by the drone or resonance. Don't get me wrong, I think the exhaust sounds great on the outside, but a headache after some spirited driving isn't fun. I had the full fabspeed setup on my 996 coupe and had no issues what so ever. Thanks for all your comments. I will definitely call Steph at Europipe, and look into the Cargraphic.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Cargraphic

Originally Posted by grussell
I have a Cargraphic Loud for sale if you are interested. It has less than 1000 miles on it.
I've sent you a PM.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:39 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
That really sucks for the poor bastard selling that Tubi Exhaust...

Anyone want to see my link to the Tubi exhaust I'm selling in the for sale section.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:41 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tblackj
That really sucks for the poor bastard selling that Tubi Exhaust...

Anyone want to see my link to the Tubi exhaust I'm selling in the for sale section.
Sorry, I deleted it.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:50 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Don't delete your posts because of me. I don't have any money tied up in that exhaust so I'm not worried about what it will bring. I was just laughing at the irony of me reading the post talking bad about the exhaust I was selling. Keep up the thread, I was getting a good education.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi exhaust for 996TT. Any opinions?